OT: The Hater's Guide to the World Cup

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody "dishes on the people" who don't watch. Nobody has a problem with people not watching it. I think the reason that some people get a backlash is because they can't simply not watch it, but have to tell everyone as loudly and obnoxiously as possible that they don't watch it, which is usually followed by some pathetic machismo reason (no hitting, girls sport etc). We aren't mocking you for not enjoying the game, we're mocking the insecurity that often accompanies the outspoken dislike of soccer.

Another reason is the xenophobia that often accompanies it. You can literally feel the hatred many Americans have towards much of the rest of the world by listening to them spit their dislike of soccer. Your own comment about being worldly and smug goes along with this too. Why is it "smug" to enjoy international things? Are you really that insecure about your nationality that you need to disrespect anything foreign? Get a fucking grip.

Mick..No one hates the rest of the world...We just like giving it to people like you who hate America and think Europe is better, yet live here

Oooh,and I almost forgot..We like giving it to the Canadians too. Theyre like our Special person cousin who drools down his chin, yet we have to eat with him on Thanksgiving

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mick..No one hates the rest of the world...We just like giving it to people like you who hate America and think Europe is better, yet live here

I am an American you buffoon. If you have nothing to say on the point then fuck off back to the bar, or wherever you're not banned from yet. Idiot.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am an American you buffoon. If you have nothing to say on the point then fuck off back to the bar, or wherever you're not banned from yet. Idiot.

You're such a hooligan.....

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Insecurity accompanies the dislike for soccer? Come on, now. There is no sport that brings out national pride like soccer. That's a big thing I don't like about it. Makes me puke. Have to understand too with most countries Soccer is the only big time sport they have or know while Americans have a wide array of different sports to choose from.

That isn't true at all.

malcore

Lol, mick. Were you routing for Spain, or what?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The Dutch just made a huge statement...Robben and Van Persie are freakin studs

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think you are going a little overboard here with the hatred towards the rest of the world part.

I grew up in a Nation that televised a lot of football, baseball, basketball, and some hockey. Really not a lot of soccer. So I became fans of those 4 sports. Not soccer. Those 4 sports also had National leagues you could follow. MLS wasn't around until I was pretty much set in my sports ways.

So soccer has not and will not grab my heart. Ever. Which is why it is annoying me right now. I go home for lunch every work day. I watch a sports show. It's not on now, soccer is. I don't fucking care about it. Now I have to watch the idiots on NFL AM as opposed to the other idiots I usually watch because of fucking soccer?

And it's not some machismo thing. I thoroughly enjoyed the college womens softball world series and they wear batting helmets with masks. Now that's girly. But I don't think there is this hate against the world because it just doesn't thrill many of us.

If you can't identify with what I said then you can assume you aren't one of the people my comments are directed at.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

I never said you werent an American..Read much?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fuck, sorry mick.

LOL no worries. I would have heard the score at the bar tonight anyway. I have a lot of smug friends ;)

now the England Italy game tomorrow - that I'm excited about, and I'll get to watch it live (which is really the only way to watch soccer anyway).

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:

Europe is really awesome. I just really hate people that rip on America, and act like the streets are made of gold in Europe.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Fuck, sorry mick.

I DVRd the game, was gonna watch it later. Probably not now since I know who won.

not your fault, you weren't to know.

Yeah, sorry buddy...Van Persie's first goal was nice and Robben second goal just showed how fast and good he really is.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, wow. Casillas made a bit of a statement too, ha.

When the defending champs get a 5-burger put on them in the opener, you know it's going to be a wide open competition!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Europe is really awesome. I just really hate people that rip on America, and act like the streets are made of gold in Europe.

I hate the ripping both ways. Europe and America are both fantastic and both have amazing qualities and both have things that could be better. BearsBud just likes to drive a wedge sometimes.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate the ripping both ways. Europe and America are both fantastic and both have amazing qualities and both have things that could be better. BearsBud likes to drive a wedge. Best ignored.

Like I said...Giving it to people who rip on America and think Europe is better is fun, and well deserved