OT: The Hater's Guide to the World Cup

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
WPuXN.gif

That's the kind of girl you don't ask to make you a sammich because you want to keep her as far away from the knives as possible.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh yes.....great team sport, fun for the whole family.....
I knew there was a lot of low life characters involved in the soccer world (players, fans and owners) but that's fuckin' as mental as it gets. This "sport" should be banned.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder where the viewing numbers would fall if they put a soccer match on TV at the same time a NFL game is on head to head. Like Sunday night or Monday night

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I wish Sweden was in it, I know who I'd be cheering for

SwedishFans-787783.jpg

Wow! Hottest group of girls I have seen!

Most of us played as kids but other sports in America are a bit more interesting to us like Bear football!

I will be of course rooting for Italy....and against Brazil. Still soo pissed that Baggio kicked a PK over the post to give Brazil the 5th cup instead of Italy!! Buffon was the best goalie and Italy is known to have the best D so of course I love that

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol

Mexico: ALL HAIL THE NEW COLOMBIA. I spent 10 weeks in Mexico as a teenager and I loved every second of it. The food is amazing. The people couldn't be nicer. Any country that caters to a tourist's whims the way Mexico did mine deserves better than to spiral into drug-war chaos and civic fecklessness. All that said, they're our natural continental rivals, so FUCK MEXICO.

By the way, shouldn't you people be better at World Cupping? FACT: Mexico has never advanced farther than the quarterfinals of this tournament. How is that possible? SOCCER IS THE ONLY THING YOU PLAY. We Americans came in third at the World Cup once and we SUCK at soccer. We don't even like it! Soccer is what all our white kids play when they get cut from the football and basketball teams. How are you so bad at this? You are like a nation-sized Rucker Park for young soccer talent. You should be CRUSHING us at every conceivable turn. You are nothing but wasted potential, Mexico.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
oh yes.....great team sport, fun for the whole family.....

And this if you recall...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_disaster

Personally, I could care less about soccer. I prefer to see people hit and clobbered. Lacrosse and hockey are better sports IMO. But hey, folks can keep dishing on the people that don't watch it. Whatever allows them to feel their worldly sense of smug.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Those who hate on soccer have never played the sport. Endurance is huge in soccer. The big fatties in football would not last 90 min+ of running let alone the finesse skills to handle a soccer ball with efficiency, as other sports athletes are too clumsy in this respect.

Chad O tried it and he wasn't very good, despite his belief.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those who hate on soccer have never played the sport. Endurance is huge in soccer. The big fatties in football would not last 90 min+ of running let alone the finesse skills to handle a soccer ball with efficiency, as other sports athletes are too clumsy in this respect.

Chad O tried it and he wasn't very good, despite his belief.

How does it feel being so wrong........

I have played soccer through high school and while I appreciate the sport, the world of soccer is a joke.

And why the fuck would linemen play soccer.......that is a fucking horrible comparison for two completely different sports.

OnemanWolfpack

Liked Posts:
I played soccer and loved it but when I comes to watching soccer it does get a little boring. And the dives that these world cup players take make all of us soccer players look like pussies. That wasn't what it was like when I played. I play soccer and hockey and got injured worse playing soccer. I will say that eye foot coordination translates to all sports and helps out a lot. It's great for kids to learn and burn off energy.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But hey, folks can keep dishing on the people that don't watch it. Whatever allows them to feel their worldly sense of smug.

Nobody "dishes on the people" who don't watch. Nobody has a problem with people not watching it. I think the reason that some people get a backlash is because they can't simply not watch it, but have to tell everyone as loudly and obnoxiously as possible that they don't watch it, which is usually followed by some pathetic machismo reason (no hitting, girls sport etc). We aren't mocking you for not enjoying the game, we're mocking the insecurity that often accompanies the outspoken dislike of soccer.

Another reason is the xenophobia that often accompanies it. You can literally feel the hatred many Americans have towards much of the rest of the world by listening to them spit their dislike of soccer. Your own comment about being worldly and smug goes along with this too. Why is it "smug" to enjoy international things? Are you really that insecure about your nationality that you need to disrespect anything foreign? Get a fucking grip.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody "dishes on the people" who don't watch. Nobody has a problem with people not watching it. I think the reason that some people get a backlash is because they can't simply not watch it, but have to tell everyone as loudly and obnoxiously as possible that they don't watch it, which is usually followed by some pathetic machismo reason (no hitting, girls sport etc). We aren't mocking you for not enjoying the game, we're mocking the insecurity that often accompanies the outspoken dislike of soccer.

Another reason is the xenophobia that often accompanies it. You can literally feel the hatred many Americans have towards much of the rest of the world by listening to them spit their dislike of soccer. Your own comment about being worldly and smug goes along with this too. Why is it "smug" to enjoy international things? Are you really that insecure about your nationality that you need to disrespect anything foreign? Get a fucking grip.
Insecurity accompanies the dislike for soccer? Come on, now. There is no sport that brings out national pride like soccer. That's a big thing I don't like about it. Makes me puke. Have to understand too with most countries Soccer is the only big time sport they have or know while Americans have a wide array of different sports to choose from.

I probably don't hate it as much as I let on here though. This being a MB, one must overstate things to stir things up and what not. My son wanted me to watch some of that Brazil game with him so I did. Saw that fella take a flop to get that penalty shot. If the bitch was on Croatia, fans and players probably would have started a riot, no? Haha

So why is this Brazil team such heavy favorites? Who's that player in your avatar? Can he take down the Brazilians or is he one of them?

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think you are going a little overboard here with the hatred towards the rest of the world part.

I grew up in a Nation that televised a lot of football, baseball, basketball, and some hockey. Really not a lot of soccer. So I became fans of those 4 sports. Not soccer. Those 4 sports also had National leagues you could follow. MLS wasn't around until I was pretty much set in my sports ways.

So soccer has not and will not grab my heart. Ever. Which is why it is annoying me right now. I go home for lunch every work day. I watch a sports show. It's not on now, soccer is. I don't fucking care about it. Now I have to watch the idiots on NFL AM as opposed to the other idiots I usually watch because of fucking soccer?

And it's not some machismo thing. I thoroughly enjoyed the college womens softball world series and they wear batting helmets with masks. Now that's girly. But I don't think there is this hate against the world because it just doesn't thrill many of us.

malcore

Insecurity accompanies the dislike for soccer? Come on, now. There is no sport that brings out national pride like soccer. That's a big thing I don't like about it. Makes me puke. Have to understand too with most countries Soccer is the only big time sport they have or know while Americans have a wide array of different sports to choose from.

I probably don't hate it as much as I let on here though. This being a MB, one must overstate things to stir things up and what not. My son wanted me to watch some of that Brazil game with him so I did. Saw that fella take a flop to get that penalty shot. If the bitch was on Croatia, fans and players probably would have started a riot, no? Haha

So why is this Brazil team such heavy favorites? Who's that player in your avatar? Can he take down the Brazilians or is he one of them?

Looks like mick did a good job there. lol