2014 Offseason Around the League Thread

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
So, is anyone following the whole Bledsoe/Suns saga?! It's a total mess. Seriously Bledsoe has a nice season but he could possibly be a one hit wonder after being Paul's backup in LA and riding the bench while he developed before the 2011-2012 seasons his first two years in the league. Now he wants to get paid after one good season like he's Paul, Rondo, D-Will, or Rose? I don't get it. I like Bledsoe's game, I'd like him on the Bulls but seriously is he worth top five PG in the NBA kind of money? I don't think so. Maybe he should have taken the 4-48 because that fifth year and 32 million for the extra season seems outrageous to me for a guy who has only played one season as a starter with meaninful minutes.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, is anyone following the whole Bledsoe/Suns saga?! It's a total mess. Seriously Bledsoe has a nice season but he could possibly be a one hit wonder after being Paul's backup in LA and riding the bench while he developed before the 2011-2012 seasons his first two years in the league. Now he wants to get paid after one good season like he's Paul, Rondo, D-Will, or Rose? I don't get it. I like Bledsoe's game, I'd like him on the Bulls but seriously is he worth top five PG in the NBA kind of money? I don't think so. Maybe he should have taken the 4-48 because that fifth year and 32 million for the extra season seems outrageous to me for a guy who has only played one season as a starter with meaninful minutes.
I'm guessing Bledsoe saw nearly every other free agent get overpaid and wants the same treatment.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
It's ridiculous to me and the rumor is Bledsoe to the Lakers. Right now it would be funny because the Suns want to fleece la to get him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's ridiculous to me and the rumor is Bledsoe to the Lakers. Right now it would be funny because the Suns want to fleece la to get him.
That move makes no sense, but who knows what LA is doing?

Lin, Nash, Kobe, Young, Hill, Boozer, Sacre, Kelly, Henry. Yeah...totally want to be part of that team.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
That move makes no sense, but who knows what LA is doing?

Lin, Nash, Kobe, Young, Hill, Boozer, Sacre, Kelly, Henry. Yeah...totally want to be part of that team.

It's an awful trade. If this is true and the Lakers are going to be a terrible team. At least the Suns are a team on the rise and could sneak into the playoffs if they continue to improve.

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;WY67JWtMa_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY67JWtMa_s[/video]

DWade gets called out on flopping.....seems he's also still upset about the finals too, s/o to BMarsh

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Blake Griffin pulls out of Team USA, replaced by John Wall. One more PG for DRose to compete against. Probably the only one who can match up with him athletically. I think he might be the one to beat.

Liked Posts:
http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/543427

Dumb ass knicks, lol

Well, it's no surprise that the Minnesota Timberwolves "balked" at this deal.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the New York Knicks swung for the fences by offering Amar'e Stoudemire, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Iman Shumpert to the Timberwolves in exchange for Kevin Love.

The long-shot offer, which was inevitably declined, apparently "never stood much of a chance" and it's not hard to see why.

Stoudemire, who averaged a career-low 22.6 minutes last season due to nagging knee and ankle problems, is set to receive a ludicrous $23,410,988 in the final year of his contract. It's hard to imagine that the Timberwolves would want to take on a contract like that - even if it is only for one year - since they're already looking to unload J.J. Barea and Kevin Martin, who is due $21 million over the next three seasons.

Furthermore, no future draft picks were offered to the Timberwolves, who almost certainly wouldn't accept a deal with the Knicks unless it included a first-round pick. Of course, New York can't offer any future picks that come before the 2018 NBA Draft because of the selections that were dealt away upon acquiring Carmelo Anthony and Andrea Bargnani.

But more important than anything, the Timberwolves are negotiating with franchises that can offer far more for the UCLA product than the Knicks can at this moment.

The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to be the primary suitor to land Love, although if Andrew Wiggins is to be packaged in a deal for the three-time All-Star - as Minnesota is reportedly insisting on - they'll have to wait 30 days before completing a trade as Wiggins only signed his rookie-scale contract on Thursday.

It should also be noted that the Knicks will have enough cap space next summer to offer Love a maximum contract should he play out the final year of his contract with the Timberwolves and subsequently become a free agent.

Liked Posts:
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234420/Carmelo-Struggled-To-Choose-Between-Knicks-Bulls

Carmelo Anthony ultimately decided between the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls. Anthony added that he believes the Knicks aren't too far away from becoming a contender.

"I want to win. I don't care about the money," Anthony told ESPN.com. "I believe Phil (Jackson) will do what he has to do to take care of that."

"I don't think we're that far away," he added. "People use 'rebuilding' too loosely."

Anthony signed a five-year, $124 million deal to remain with the Knicks.

"It was overwhelming," Anthony said. "It was stressful in the final days, one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make."

Anthony said, though, it ultimately came down to New York and Chicago.

"I was flip-flopping," he admitted. "It was hard. It was Chicago, but then after I met with L.A., it was L.A. But it came back to Chicago -- and was pretty much always Chicago or New York. That's a situation where I could have walked in now to an opportunity to compete for the next however many years."

lmao. :parrot:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
lol PJ tucker got pulled over and registered a .222 on a blood alcohol test

luckily he didn't kill anybody or himself

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Yep. Bledsoe is screwing the whole situation up. It's all bad on all sides.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Couple random stories...

Toronto got fined for tampering after Drake told the crowd to cheer for Durant at a concert that Durant was at (or something to that effect)

Marion met with Indiana. Hope he takes money over rings.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"I've always had thoughts about playing at home, what it would be like," said Curry, who is in the middle of a four-year, $44 million contract extension with the Warriors. "My dad played there for 10 years, and people around the Greater Charlotte area in North Carolina have done a lot for my family growing up, so you always think about it.

"Right now I feel like I've got three years left on my deal, so this isn't going to be an issue for me for a while. I love the Bay Area and where we are as a team trying to win a championship, and that's what it's all about. Of course everybody dreams about or thinks about what it's going to be like to play at home. Obviously if that opportunity comes along it's a different discussion."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_26323686/warriors-curry-not-backing-down-lebron

Next player to want to go home.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Couple random stories...

Toronto got fined for tampering after Drake told the crowd to cheer for Durant at a concert that Durant was at (or something to that effect)

Marion met with Indiana. Hope he takes money over rings.

or he takes our rings over cleveland