6/22: USA vs. Portugal

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
What makes you think Ghana will lose? Everything I've seen tells me they're likely to win. Portugal look mentally spent. They didn't even care that they tied the game at 2. If Ghana smokes Portugal, we're likely on the outside looking in.

They will both be going at each other I think, as both teams like to counter. Portugal still have one of the best players in the world, and even if not fully fit he can still hurt you like he did us in the last minute. Unfortunately, I saw that Portugal looked out of sorts as well, they were all going at each other. I think Ghana wins, but it won't matter as the US and Germany tie.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yes Cameron sucked but Bradley is expected to be the point of control for the U.S. If he's giving the ball away midfield, that's not very good. All dude had to do what boot the ball down the sideline and time runs out. He either had a mental cramp or a physical cramp, possibly both. But I do think its fair to blame him for the loss.

I'm not disagreeing that it was a bad play, but you win as a team and you lose as a team. Bradley is a big reason why this team is even in the World Cup and had a run through qualifying. He's one of their best players who made a mistake.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What makes you think Ghana will lose? Everything I've seen tells me they're likely to win. Portugal look mentally spent. They didn't even care that they tied the game at 2. If Ghana smokes Portugal, we're likely on the outside looking in.

I didn't say they were going to lose. I said they needed to lose.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why does Bradley refuse to blame himself in his post game interviews? Fucking man up and admit you suck.

Bradley to Jeremy Schapp "I wasnt able to make a good enough play or keep it for us to get a foul"

He doesn't "suck". Did you just start watching the World Cup? He's been a big key to the US recent success.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah plenty of blame to go around... Beasley not pressuring Ronaldo, FJ not marking his midfield man, Cameron not realizing there was someone behind him, Besler not in line with the rest of the defense keeping Portugal onside, I felt Howard could have done better with that as well. Too easy to blame one guy. Team thought they had won and let Ronaldo get off a beautiful cross for the equalizer.

Heart breaking all around, but a team wins together, loses together, and ties together. One nation, one team.

Cameron had a bad game.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Bradley to Jeremy Schapp "I wasnt able to make a good enough play or keep it for us to get a foul"

He doesn't "suck". Did you just start watching the World Cup? He's been a big key to the US recent success.

I've actually been watching the USA since 1994 religiously. I watch every game, including friendlies. So don't ask me about what I've watched or haven't watched. Yes, Bradley has played well in the years past, including past world cups.

But the dude is shitting the bed right now. You've only got 3 games to get this right and Bradley is seriously costing the USA. He sucked in Game 1 although his bad game didn't cost us. He had 2 horrendous mistakes in this game that really cost the USA. I don't care if you win as a team, lose as a team. In soccer, when 1 mistake can cost you the game, it is absolutely fair to be critical of a player.

Jeremy Schapp also asked Bradley if he blamed himself. And Bradley wouldn't admit it. So he really wasn't a man about it either.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've actually been watching the USA since 1994 religiously. I watch every game, including friendlies. So don't ask me about what I've watched or haven't watched. Yes, Bradley has played well in the years past, including past world cups.

But the dude is shitting the bed right now. You've only got 3 games to get this right and Bradley is seriously costing the USA. He sucked in Game 1 although his bad game didn't cost us. He had 2 horrendous mistakes in this game that really cost the USA. I don't care if you win as a team, lose as a team. In soccer, when 1 mistake can cost you the game, it is absolutely fair to be critical of a player.

Jeremy Schapp also asked Bradley if he blamed himself. And Bradley wouldn't admit it. So he really wasn't a man about it either.

Well to be fair, there are a lot of Americans pretending to be fans during the tournament and use it as an excuse. That's why I asked, fair enough that you're a fan.

I'm not disagreeing that he's having a bad tournament. He is. He made a bad play. But there were plenty of bad plays during the game. Cameron I believe could have cleared it and failed to, that lead to Portugals goal. He also looked lost the majority of the game. I'm not going to put the blame all on him. Bradley has played really well throughout his US career.

That quote sure does sound like he screwed up and he knows it.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Twellman is reporting that Zusi going off slow caused the ref to add an extra minute to stoppage time. Did he really get off that slow? Can't remember.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Twellman is reporting that Zusi going off slow caused the ref to add an extra minute to stoppage time. Did he really get off that slow? Can't remember.

i didn't think so but i remember Ian Darke saying live that Zusi was doing the customary slow walk off to the bench

Bear06

Liked Posts:
I'm not disagreeing that it was a bad play, but you win as a team and you lose as a team. Bradley is a big reason why this team is even in the World Cup and had a run through qualifying. He's one of their best players who made a mistake.

The entire team is the reason why they are in the World Cup not just Bradley. He is one of the most important players on the team but he has been disappointing so far in the WC.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Mama there goes that man! (Mark Jackson voice)

AcademicAffectionateFinwhale.gif

ThreadbareEcstaticFinch.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The good news is that this team hasn't peaked yet. They played much better this game, unlike Germany who regressed & were lucky to draw, and will probably look better the next game. Bradley shit the bed again but looked better overall. If he gets up to speed, the US can play some serious ball. Johnson was unstoppable at times and Dempsey was just getting thru people. The US wasn't the better team vs Ghana, but they won, and were the better team today and drew.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Klinsmann takes a shot at Mexico.

Klinsmann asked about collusion with GER: "The US is known to give all they have in every single game, otherwise Mexico wouldn't be here."

Good for Klinsmann. I also agreed with his statement that FIFA basically tried to fuck the USA. Everything that could possibly go against the USA did. The travel, the time between games, group of death, having to face the best team in the 3rd and final game and then giving that best team an extra day to prepare. It's a fucking joke.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Good for Klinsmann. I also agreed with his statement that FIFA basically tried to fuck the USA. Everything that could possibly go against the USA did. The travel, the time between games, group of death, having to face the best team in the 3rd and final game and then giving that best team an extra day to prepare. It's a fucking joke.

CONCACAF as a whole got the shaft. If you're not a European or a big name South American, FIFA doesn't care. I find it hard to believe the draw wasn't rigged either.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yep. They were screwed from the day of the draw. Not to mention they helped get a premier team like Mexico into the tournament, and Mexico got a better draw IMO.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The entire team is the reason why they are in the World Cup not just Bradley. He is one of the most important players on the team but he has been disappointing so far in the WC.

I know, thats why I said he is a big reason why.

He's struggled, I'm not denying that.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
can't remember who tweeted it but i Saw a tweet after the game that said something like "earning a tie is like kissing your sister, but that felt more like Ronaldo kissing your wife"
:lol:

Reactions: 1ke