Orlando Magic; "Do you Believe in Fantasies and Magic?": A 2K14 Associaton

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
So, this is how this has come about, I have the day off work, I'm bored and it's off day from the gym. So, I've started a fantasy draft with Association with the Orlando. A team that has never won the NBA Championship. But has had 2 finals appearances. Time to end the drought and bring stable winning to an Orlando organization.

I will be playing on Hall of Fame difficulty, 8 minute quarters, normal sliders, and not be able to set the draft. I will be playing 1 out of every 6-8 games with the team on full seasons, until the playoffs, should my team make the playoffs.

After going to the next screen, I was lucky enough to get the 8th pick in the draft. Posted below will be my round by round selections:

Round 1: Derrick Rose (after much deliberation between him, Kyrie Irving and Carmelo Anthony)
Round 2: Goran Dragic (Good shooter and Secondary Ball handler to put next to Rose a nice off-guard)
Round 3: Larry Sanders (Young, athletic Big. Protect the rim and do the dirty work. Nice developing game)
Round 4: Thomas Robinson (Another young, athletic big, great rebounder and tremendous body type, big upside)
Round 5: Tobias Harris (Good wing player with length and Athleticism)
Round 6: Greivis Vasquez (Combo Guard, can play either guard and good distributor and range)
Round 7: Corey Brewer (Good wing defender, can slash and finish around the rim)
Round 8: Ronnie Brewer (Another solid wing defender, work the baseline and finish)
Round 9: Robin Lopez (Energy big and solid rebounder, can score on cleaning up at the glass)
Round 10: Ryan Anderson (Tremendous Value, good shooter, doesn't need the ball and works off the rest of the 2nd unit.
Round 11: Andris Biedrins (A good 5th big, defends well and rebounds)
Round 12: Daniel "Boobie" Gibson (Combo Guard, knockdown shooter)

Depth Chart:
PG: Derrick Rose/Greivis Vasquez/Boobie Gibson
SG: Goran Dragic/Ronnie Brewer/Boobie Gibson
SF: Tobias Harris/Corey Brewer/Greivis Vasquez
PF: Thomas Robinson/Ryan Anderson
C: Larry Sanders/Robin Lopez/Andris Biedrins

I like my team. Tell me what you guys think and I'll update this every so often and let you guys know. I'm excited for this.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Solid team for 2k purposes. To balance out your bench scoring, you might be better served starting one of the Brewers and letting Dragic be a 6th man, but I'm not sure how you play the game. Ryan Anderson in the 10th round is huge...he could easily be your starting 4 unless they nuked his ratings in 2k14. He was only like a 72 in 2k13 but he rarely ever missed a 3 and got a decent amount of boards. You may find yourself playing him a lot if you need 3s.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ryan Anderson in the 10th is a steal..but I hate your wings.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish