Watch Dogs

WC Jerome

King of the 'Universe'!!!
Liked Posts:
NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
Is anyone playing this game yet? I've completed about 35% so far. Even though I don't have the prettier next-gen versions of the game, I am still pleased with & have gotten used to the PlayStation 3 edition.

Let me know if any of you folks have WD (on any system), what you think about it, and what your progress is, if you do have it.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I was really interested in getting it, but most the reviews made it seem just mediocre. I normally buy kinda new, then sell right after on ebay. How would you rate it so far?

WC Jerome

King of the 'Universe'!!!
Liked Posts:
NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
How would you rate it so far?
Well, like I said I have the PS3 version, so I'm not enjoying next-gen graphics right now, but I've gotten used to it & have accepted them for what they are. I like the gameplay, but it can get a little repetitive after a while. The driving mechanics do leave plenty do be desired, definitely not on par with GTA. Overall, I would rate it about 8 out of 10.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am playing it on ps3. Kind of boring and GTA-ripoff-y but there are some nice elements. I like the environmental hacking (so I do a lot of gang hideout missions), and I like that you can play end-game chess and texas hold-em when you feel like it. The narrative/writing/acting is pretty horrible. I'm about finished with Act 3 but I don't remember what my completion percentage is.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm ready for the last campaign mission but trying to wrap up all the fixer assignments and other stuff before doing it since I dont plan on playing the game again. Maybe I'll finish it over the weekend.

While I'm somewhat enjoying it I'm not really sure why. PC performance is absurd at times (not standard gpu stuff... my guess is the way the game loads textures as you're moving through the world could use a bit of optimization). None of the characters are really interesting and the plot pacing was bad. I guess it's just fun to blow shit up and drive cars really fast.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
yeah, I'd be buying it for ps3 too. Its weird that they make new games still for ps3. I dont feel like buying a Ps4 because theres no point. Maybe when a good exclusive comes out like the new Metal Gear Solid. Ps4 has been out for half a year and they have no "must have" games.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I just got it with a Digital Download promotion. But I'm going to play the cracked version of the game anyways, to hell with the bloatware that Ubisoft adds.

I'll start playing it on Sunday maybe?

Also, noticed this.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=390114

Ubi may have purposely limited the games features on PC, and this guy figured out how to restore ultra high settings. Click the spoilers box to see how insane the graphics look now.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is anyone actually enjoying the multiplayer? Defending hacks/tailing is really easy even without boat cheese, and successfully doing it seems to just be about queuing in to a schmuck's game.

The CTF mode is really strange. Weapons etc still work like a stealth game (meaning they're lethal), but it's definitely not stealth based. When I played a couple games over the weekend there were a lot of car chases but it looks like people are picking up on how deadly guns are and just camping now or driving around with two guys standing on top of an SUV or van lol. There are also a lot of glitches. In a game I played earlier my character spawned with three people on the other team at the start.