Should Jimmy Butler be "given" the starting job?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yep

CaptBears

Liked Posts:
What the fresh hell is this? The guy is averaging 21 point a game and plays excellent D! Yeah, he's not MJ, but to be fair, very few people are.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's better than Klay.
Debatable. Jimmy's the better defensive player, Klay is the better offensive player. They're averaging similar stats, but Jimmy is player ~6 minutes more per game than Klay (40 vs 34 I think). Argument could be made either way.

CaptBears

Liked Posts:
Debatable. Jimmy's the better defensive player, Klay is the better offensive player. They're averaging similar stats, but Jimmy is player ~6 minutes more per game than Klay (40 vs 34 I think). Argument could be made either way.

You would do Klay for Butler straight up?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Klay is a great defender himself

one thing Jimmy has over Klay is rebounding

but i think i would trade Butler for Thompson if offered

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
last year Jimmy shot 39% and 29% from 3 so these threads were reasonable at the time

i dont think anybody forseen Jimmy leaping from a near offensive liability to our leading scorer

i thought he would be better but wow hes impressed me big time

Liked Posts:
I want to see if he puts up numbers like this with Rose on the floor....now THAT's a tandem that would be really nasty when their efficiencies are at maximum

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
*knock on wood*. I Think Jimmy is slightly more durable than Klay. And for this Bulls team, that is very valuable.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A healthy rose and if we resign Butler, Gonna be a deadly combo for years to come.

I have not had such high hopes in a player as I do for Butler.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is nice to see a Chicago Team with home grown talent. Talent that a draft actually provides, along with good coaching.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is nice to see a Chicago Team with home grown talent. Talent that a draft actually provides, along with good coaching.

Love how many players on The Bulls have all been drafted. A lot of them with late first round picks that have turned out so well.

People can say what they want about the front office we have, while stupid at times. We are set for years to come.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

A 30th overall pick too.
Could his newfound offensive role be the missing piece we needed?

Last edited:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I want to see if he puts up numbers like this with Rose on the floor....now THAT's a tandem that would be really nasty when their efficiencies are at maximum

I posted earlier that I thought the Bulls could have the best back court in the NBA. Of course the Spurs and GS might have something to say about that, but hey, a healthy, consistant Rose, and a JB like this .... Yep, the best! Throw in Thib's D to that equation and now you know where I was coming from.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Love how many players on The Bulls have all been drafted. A lot of them with late first round picks that have turned out so well.

People can say what they want about the front office we have, while stupid at times. We are set for years to come.

Nice post. It's nice to hear, for me, some compliments about GarPax, as I've been very supportive of them and agree with you 100%. Management has put the Bulls in a real good place moving forward!

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

If you take away their scoring, I feel like Jimmy impacts a game more.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you take away their scoring, I feel like Jimmy impacts a game more.
lol well yeah...Jimmy's is probably the best defensive SG among these players. Like I said, Klay is the better offensive player, Jimmy is the better defensive player. So yes, take away Klay's strengths and Jimmy wins. Klay's offensive impact comes mainly from his elite 3 point shooting. It's what opens up everything else on offense for him. Much like how Jimmy's ability to get to the line sort of opens up everything for him (players now need to respect the driving game, so he's more open on jumpers, etc).

Anyway, I don't mean to discredit the thought of Jimmy providing more impact or whatever, I'm just saying that taking away scoring is taking away a significant potion of the argument because Klay's impact is derived from his scoring.