Pat Riley is a hypocrite.

Liked Posts:
In case you weren't aware he implied the big 3 lacked character if they didn't stay in Miami. It's funny how 4 years ago he wasn't challenging their character for leaving their (Bosh and James) when they left their old teams.

It was also interesting that they had a press conference at all.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Pat Riley is god :dealwithit:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Riley is an evil genius...Always hated him but somehow he finds ways to keep adding jewelry to his fingers...

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yeah, Riley is an evil genius...Always hated him but somehow he finds ways to keep adding jewelry to his fingers...

Phil Jackson whooped his ass like a red headed stepchild in the 90s.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not sure how weird it is for a GM to have an end of year press conference. Seems pretty normal to me.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Regardless, spending the amount of time he did in a city with a coach that didn't have an offensive clue, and management not putting anybody next to him is a decent demonstration of loyalty.

But that's just me.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This line of thinking probably isn't much different among FO counterparts around the league. He is in charge of maintaining the team, and he's trying to do that. Self-serving business.

The situation at hand is very different from the situations each of the Big 3 faced four years ago. Wade,Bosh, and LeBron, from what I understand, discussed playing together since the Olympics and the Heat gutted their roster in order to make sure that could happen. The possibility of splitting up after 4 years(and 4 NBA finals appearances) doesn't seem absurd, but it does feel like they need to give this more time.

However, this is more about LeBron than Wade or Bosh. Wade and Bosh will probably stay put in Miami, I would be shocked if either left. LeBron seems to be the one on the fence. For him, I think he knows that there is a possibility of one or two more championships, but he also knows that Miami in the coming years will be in decay with Wade showing his age,Allen probably gone, and Bosh getting older as well. If he signs with Miami, he might be committing himself longer than he wants. He does have another year to decide if he wants to wait out for the player option in 2015-2016.

Point is, Riley is trying to keep the team together and he's worried LeBron,specifically, might bolt. He didn't give a shit that LeBron and Bosh were leaving their respective teams to come to Miami, I doubt many FO guys in his situation would. Even if he did care, like I said, the situations are obviously different.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Hey LeBron apologists, time to go to work. Your boy just got shitted on again. :flipa:

Liked Posts:
Hey LeBron apologists, time to go to work. Your boy just got shitted on again. :flipa:

Right. James earned his salary. Once again, Wade gets a pass. It's also pathetic how ESPN refuses to admit he's too old.

Liked Posts:
This line of thinking probably isn't much different among FO counterparts around the league. He is in charge of maintaining the team, and he's trying to do that. Self-serving business.

The situation at hand is very different from the situations each of the Big 3 faced four years ago. Wade,Bosh, and LeBron, from what I understand, discussed playing together since the Olympics and the Heat gutted their roster in order to make sure that could happen. The possibility of splitting up after 4 years(and 4 NBA finals appearances) doesn't seem absurd, but it does feel like they need to give this more time.

However, this is more about LeBron than Wade or Bosh. Wade and Bosh will probably stay put in Miami, I would be shocked if either left. LeBron seems to be the one on the fence. For him, I think he knows that there is a possibility of one or two more championships, but he also knows that Miami in the coming years will be in decay with Wade showing his age,Allen probably gone, and Bosh getting older as well. If he signs with Miami, he might be committing himself longer than he wants. He does have another year to decide if he wants to wait out for the player option in 2015-2016.

Point is, Riley is trying to keep the team together and he's worried LeBron,specifically, might bolt. He didn't give a shit that LeBron and Bosh were leaving their respective teams to come to Miami, I doubt many FO guys in his situation would. Even if he did care, like I said, the situations are obviously different.

Everyone knows what he's trying to do. But that doesn't exempt him from being called out for what he is, nor does it entitle him to excuse making, such as yours.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everyone knows what he's trying to do. But that doesn't exempt him from being called out for what he is, nor does it entitle him to excuse making, such as yours.

Even if he is a hypocrite in this case, so what? Does it surprise you that a person in charge of maintaining a team would give a shit if players are thinking about leaving their team, but not care if players left other teams to come to theirs? But to assume he's a hypocrite would assume that, like I said, the situation 4 years ago is the same as now.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I dont really see how what he is doing is hypocritical. Just self preservation, man.

Bottom line tho: Pat Riley is evil. He even looks like the green goblin. Pair that with LeBron, and we have quite the Evil Empire.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Not a big Riley fan...but we are knocking Riley without knowing what conversations were held behind closed doors.

For Lebron...it makes no sense NOT to opt out. Wade, the total opposite...he can make 20mil on one leg...go for it. Bosh...who knows?

But what did they tell Riley in the past in anticipation of this summer? That might be what he is pissed about.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
So when Riley's talking about having the "guts" to stay, who do you think he's referring to?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Everyone.

If everyone is LeBron, you're right. Otherwise you're delusional. Riley is worried LeBron may leave because it will be "too hard" for him to win championships with Wade and Bosh going forward.

LeBron has clearly lost confidence in his team and the organization. Sound familiar?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If everyone is LeBron, you're right. Otherwise you're delusional. Riley is worried LeBron may leave because it will be "too hard" for him to win championships with Wade and Bosh going forward.

LeBron has clearly lost confidence in his team and the organization. Sound familiar?

Based on what?

Liked Posts:
Based on what?

Brian Windhorst has been on TV talking about how they cut Mike Miller because of what he was making and when they had chances to get help, they didn't do it. He said guys aren't sacrificing money to play there so the owner can pocket it. The building is full by half time almost every night. So there's a resentment about the front office not doing enough.

You also have to wonder if he no longer ha faith in Wade and Bosh. They haven't really been giving him a lot of help.