6/26: USA vs. Germany

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
2-2 tie. Ghana showed that the German defense can be had on the counter. Germany will not sit back and will get some off of US mistakes in the back.

I also think we will see one of the youngsters (Brooks, Yedlin, Green) make a difference again.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
2-2 tie. Ghana showed that the German defense can be had on the counter. Germany will not sit back and will get some off of US mistakes in the back.

I also think we will see one of the youngsters (Brooks, Yedlin, Green) make a difference again.

I like what JK did with Yedlin today. Used him as a 2nd half sub out on the wing to get some extra speed. He played very well for a 20 year old. Wouldn't mind seeing him get another shot.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there anyway we advance without winning the group? like is it possible? Because if we win Group G then ill be able to see the knockout round game, but if we finish as Runer's up ill have to miss the next(possibly last) game :mad:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Is there anyway we advance without winning the group? like is it possible? Because if we win Group G then ill be able to see the knockout round game, but if we finish as Runer's up ill have to miss the next(possibly last) game :mad:

Yes.
- A U.S. tie and they are 2nd in the group and advance.

- A U.S. loss and a better goal differential over the winner of Portugal/Ghana advances the US.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
so we have to win or i can't see the next game most likely...

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
I like what JK did with Yedlin today. Used him as a 2nd half sub out on the wing to get some extra speed. He played very well for a 20 year old. Wouldn't mind seeing him get another shot.

I loved that. The best part is that he didn't panic or seem fazed by the bright lights of the WC when he had the ball. He was the key run for our 2nd goal.

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Any changes you guys would like to see? Formations? Bradley from his advanced midfield role to in line with Jones? Cameron out of the lineup?

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any changes you guys would like to see? Formations? Bradley from his advanced midfield role to in line with Jones? Cameron out of the lineup?

Cameron out, get Wondo some minutes as a sub, he did well the little time he was in and I really would like to see what he can do to give us a spark

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Take the coward's way out. Neither team tries, make the final score 1-1 because a scoreless tie is too obvious, both teams advance.

Reactions: 1ke

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I nailed the 11 for Portugal.....

Should I try again. Hell no!

USA lose this game, and go through with relative ease as Ghana will lose or draw with Portugal. Tuff luck for the Ghanaians, pretty fucking good team, and also one of the youngest teams at the cup. They will beed to be dealt with, but not until Russia.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I have a bad feeling. Ronaldo was quoted as saying that he never thought Portugal could win the World Cup. To me, that sounds like he has quit, maybe the rest of his team has as well. I think it is very possible that Ghana blow Portugal out which means we need to tie Germany or we're going home.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
USA draws. And then wins their next 2 (for the 1st time ever of back-back wins in the WC) to end up in the final 4. And yes I've been smoking tonight.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have a bad feeling. Ronaldo was quoted as saying that he never thought Portugal could win the World Cup. To me, that sounds like he has quit, maybe the rest of his team has as well. I think it is very possible that Ghana blow Portugal out which means we need to tie Germany or we're going home.

Could be a motivational tactic.

Also, Do they pull him if he starts to limp for a minute? Or does Ronaldo Mail it in to get ready for CL/La Liga?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Could be a motivational tactic.

Also, Do they pull him if he starts to limp for a minute? Or does Ronaldo Mail it in to get ready for CL/La Liga?

Not sure. I mean, as of now, they're still in it. I think they need to keep him in. If Ghana scores a quick one, then they may pull him as the goal differential would be too much for Portugal to overcome.