Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The bulls had to break up that team. They weren't going anywhere without jordan and they had so many free agents and couldn't resign them all.
They didn't have to break up anything. They all could've come back for one more run at the title if the relationships weren't so terrible. Jerry Krause broke up that team to attempt to show the world that he could build a title contender without Jordan. Jordan wasn't coming back without Jackson, Pippen wasn't staying without Jordan, and Rodman had no chance without the other three of sticking around. On top of that, there was a lot of tension between Krause and Jordan as well as Jackson not feeling like wanting to coach anymore. It was a mess that had been building up throughout the 2nd threepeat, but they could have opted to bring everyone back for a year if they really wanted to.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What exactly have the Bulls done since 1998? It's been 16 years and they haven't achieved squadoosh. They got D Rose out of pure luck. They drafted Noah who turned into a pretty damn good player but they haven't done one damn thing other than that. Their best is shit. As it stands now, they aren't even close to winning a title.

When are you going to hold people in the Bulls organization accountable?

I think quite a few people on this board do hold the Bulls organization accountable. But holding someone accountable doesn't mean keel hauling them if they do not win . I blamed Krause and Reinsdorf after Jordan and company left but not all of that was their fault, either. I think that Jackson and Jordan also were responsible for the shitty years after they left by poisoning their reputation. I think that since Gar got to the organization, things have gotten better in terms of building a team. Unfortunately, Rose got hurt badly when they were poised to win a few championships. No you can disagree with me, but that killed the championship back in 2011-present.

I said earlier this week that I think this is the time to fish or cut bait. They need to bring a championship to Chicago this coming year. There are a lot of avenues that they can go, but no excuses. They have the money, they have the coach, they have a talent pool coming in. There will be a championship in Chicago next year, maybe two(Blackhawks) Maybe even the Bears:)

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
What exactly have the Bulls done since 1998? It's been 16 years and they haven't achieved squadoosh. They got D Rose out of pure luck. They drafted Noah who turned into a pretty damn good player but they haven't done one damn thing other than that. Their best is shit. As it stands now, they aren't even close to winning a title.

When are you going to hold people in the Bulls organization accountable?

I think quite a few people on this board do hold the Bulls organization accountable. But holding someone accountable doesn't mean keel hauling them if they do not win . I blamed Krause and Reinsdorf after Jordan and company left but not all of that was their fault, either. I think that Jackson and Jordan also were responsible for the shitty years after they left by poisoning their reputation. I think that since Gar got to the organization, things have gotten better in terms of building a team. Unfortunately, Rose got hurt badly when they were poised to win a few championships. No you can disagree with me, but that killed the championship back in 2011-present.

I said earlier this week that I think this is the time to fish or cut bait. They need to bring a championship to Chicago this coming year. There are a lot of avenues that they can go, but no excuses. They have the money, they have the coach, they have a talent pool coming in. There will be a championship in Chicago next year, maybe two(Blackhawks) Maybe even the Bears:)

Good post but I have no hostility toward Phil or MJ for saying bad things about Bulls management. Krause was a piece of shit and JR was too much of a chicken shit to do anything about it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jerry Reinsdorf is 78.. here's hoping he kicks the bucket soon and someone with a better handle on managing the Bulls can step forward.

Are you shitting me? Wishing that a guy would die? You do know that he just lost his son, do you not? I really hate when people say stupid shit like this. Come-on!

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
So I guess...Jordan was luck. Guess Phil was luck too. Pippen must've been luck. Cartwright, Paxon, Kerr, Armstrong, Rodman, Kukoc, Grant...all luck. Rose...also luck. But lets hold them accountable for anything we deem not "luck." And I sound like the putz :lol:...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
what are we arguing about

it was harsh that you wanted him to die regardless about how you feel about him

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
So I guess...Jordan was luck. Guess Phil was luck too. Pippen must've been luck. Cartwright, Paxon, Kerr, Armstrong, Rodman, Kukoc, Grant...all luck. Rose...also luck. But lets hold them accountable for anything we deem not "luck." And I sound like the putz :lol:...

What do any of those players have to do with Jerry Reinsdorf? Was JR the GM?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The one damn thing that is ridiculous for a fan to do is to want to fire the owner of their team. If you hate the owner of any business or the business itself, then DO NOT PATRONIZE the business. Find another team. Find another sport. Take up another hobby to pass the time. You are tilting at windmills by blaming the owner of a team for the team's problems. That isn't fixable unless you and a shitload of others quit supporting his team entirely.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The one damn thing that is ridiculous for a fan to do is to want to fire the owner of their team. If you hate the owner of any business or the business itself, then DO NOT PATRONIZE the business. Find another team. Find another sport. Take up another hobby to pass the time. You are tilting at windmills by blaming the owner of a team for the team's problems. That isn't fixable unless you and a shitload of others quit supporting his team entirely.

Hawk, I actually don't go to any of the games. I did when Rose first got to the team but then I saw the complete lack of ability to add meaningful players around him. And like I said earlier, JR is 78. He won't be running the team for much longer... he should stick to baseball, he seems to know what he's doing there. Oh wait.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good post but I have no hostility toward Phil or MJ for saying bad things about Bulls management. Krause was a piece of shit and JR was too much of a chicken shit to do anything about it.

I blame both sides pretty equally. Jackson had a massive fucking ego himself. As for Krause not getting fired, that didn't surprise me. Like him or not, Reinsdorf is very loyal to people who he feels are loyal to him. He was loyal to Krause when Jackson and Jordan did their power play to remove him.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
How many current NBA owners are "better" than JR? I count possibly 6. Not good odds.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No doubt about, Krause did put that team together building around Jordan and hiring a guy who was an unknown coaching commodity at the time.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

Jesus...

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Yet won 6 titles under him...so...who gives a fuck about feelings?

Yeah, MJ and Scottie had nothing to do with it. Krause couldn't build a little league team, let alone a winning NBA roster. MJ had to practically beg him to bring in guys like Ron Harper and Rodman. Krause couldn't win before MJ, and he couldn't win after MJ. So what does that say about Krause?