Other Options If the Bulls Don't Land Melo Or Love

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
would you officially throw in the towel as a Bulls fan?

Liked Posts:
No, but it would affect how closely I follow the NBA.

But I have no fear that Paxon would bring in another white guy who can shoot 3 pointers.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, but it would affect how closely I follow the NBA.

But I have no fear that Paxon would bring in another white guy who can shoot 3 pointers.

Trade for Redick! :derbulls:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Oh well if they miss out on two guys. What if they complete fail in the offseason from a fans perspective, but then the Bulls wind up winning the Championship because of all of the factors involved. Then what? Still counting eggs before they are laid? Who knows what will happen. What if the Heat bust up, and LeBron goes to Houston, chemistry issues are everywhere which leads to poor motives and they fall short, the next best team loses their best player to an injury, another team trades away a key piece because of player pressure(like Love is putting the pressure on Flip now to trade him) etc etc etc... a whole season is yet to be played, and if the Bulls strike out on Melo(who controls his own destiny, not any team), Love(who will be at the fate of the best bidder, as well as his conditional desire to sign an extension with a team he feels has enough pieces(which then means the Bulls can't just trade everything for him, because he might not want any part of that)).

Who knows what will happen.

Who knows if the Bulls land one of these two, and that is still not enough to get out of the East. Nobody knows. Everybody thinks they know, but Think != knowing.

Just keep your shirt on. No matter what happens, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Oh well if they miss out on two guys. What if they complete fail in the offseason from a fans perspective, but then the Bulls wind up winning the Championship because of all of the factors involved. Then what? Still counting eggs before they are laid? Who knows what will happen. What if the Heat bust up, and LeBron goes to Houston, chemistry issues are everywhere which leads to poor motives and they fall short, the next best team loses their best player to an injury, another team trades away a key piece because of player pressure(like Love is putting the pressure on Flip now to trade him) etc etc etc... a whole season is yet to be played, and if the Bulls strike out on Melo(who controls his own destiny, not any team), Love(who will be at the fate of the best bidder, as well as his conditional desire to sign an extension with a team he feels has enough pieces(which then means the Bulls can't just trade everything for him, because he might not want any part of that)).

Who knows if the Bulls land one of these two, and that is still not enough to get out of the East. Nobody knows. Everybody thinks they know, but Think != knowing.

:rolleyes:

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Affalo, Mirotic and the best shooter available would be a solid double.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If a failure on the big FA quest this summer makes you drop your interest in the Bulls, so long. Sell your jerseys on ebay and don't look back.

I suffered through Tate Armstrong, Coby Dietrick, Granville Waiters, Ron Mercer and I'm not leaving because they don't get a few short termers who might have made it happen.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

:andruw:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If? More accurately, when. I'll still follow the team as I have always done. That's what real fans do.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. I would hope they can bring Mirotic over from Europe, trade up in the draft and get someone who can score (maybe McDermott), trade for Afflalo, amnesty Boozer and D. Rose comes back to be somewhere close to where he was.

Anyway around it, I am still a Bulls fan. This offseason will simply let me know how much hope I will have for the upcoming season.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i'll never in the towel as a bulls fan....but i'd throw in the towel on ever getting a 2nd star

i'll probably make 3 or 4 threads on here complaining about paxgar being useless and how come they arent fired yet and about how we need to blow up the roster...stay tuned for those

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. I'd be frustrated though because it would be the same thing that happens every couple of years. "Damn, could we really get a star player and finally have a legit chance at winning a title?!!?!?............. Nope, just got another glorified role player."

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they both go to Charlotte along with Lebron, I would become a Hornets fan.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would continue to cheer for the Bulls.

I would re-sign myself to no playoff success.

I would also expect, but it won't happen, that Gar and Pax would be fired as they would have proven twice in 4 years that they cannot play with the big boys

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
No. But I will throw in the towel on the league as a whole if Melo winds up in Miami

My NBA fandom is already fragile as is.

sicko

Liked Posts:
Of Course Not!

I do think we will get somebody this year, probably will only end up being Afflalo unfortunately but that would be a UPGRADE and his contract is up when Durant becomes a Free Agent lol

It is getting a bit frustrating though because you would think the Bulls would have no problem landing a Big Name but surprisingly it hasn't happened yet since the Jordan/Pippen ERA

czman

Liked Posts:
Then the Bulls will be like 28 other teams in the NBA. The odds of the Bulls getting either one of them has to be sub 50%.

We should be more surprised that the Bulls do get either of them. Expecting either of them to come here is ludicrous. Being upset and blaming the front office if one of them does not become a Bulls is self entitled nonsense.

The Bulls don't have the best package for Love.

The Bulls don't have the cap space for Melo.

I am not sure why people think this is the Bulls to mess up. The Bulls are NOT in the driver seat for either player. They are on the outside looking in.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I am not sure why people think this is the Bulls to mess up. The Bulls are NOT in the driver seat for either player. They are on the outside looking in.

Aren't they always on the outside looking in though? Don't you see that as a problem?