Brazil Soccer Program

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not sure if any of you saw this but at the start of the World Cup, Outside The Lines was doing a story on the Brazil Soccer Program. The country is filled with agents roaming the beaches looking for the next child star. Apparently Brazil's current star, Neymar, was recruited at the age of 6. When the agents find these kids, they go to the parents and tell them that they want the kid to be in their soccer academy and pay the kid 40 to 50 bucks a week which is usually more than the parents are making so the parents obviously say "go for it."

Not sure how the USA can ever get to that level when Brazil has 6 year olds dedicating their entire existence to the pursuit of professional soccer.

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's crazy..

Unlike Brazil we got a ton of sports someone can choose to play though, all Brazil has is soccer and boy are they dedicated to it. Soccer just is part of a culture.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
That's crazy..

Unlike Brazil we got a ton of sports someone can choose to play though, all Brazil has is soccer and boy are they dedicated to it. Soccer just is part of a culture.

Yea unfortunately the rest of the world doesn't care too much about our other sports.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure if any of you saw this but at the start of the World Cup, Outside The Lines was doing a story on the Brazil Soccer Program. The country is filled with agents roaming the beaches looking for the next child star. Apparently Brazil's current star, Neymar, was recruited at the age of 6. When the agents find these kids, they go to the parents and tell them that they want the kid to be in their soccer academy and pay the kid 40 to 50 bucks a week which is usually more than the parents are making so the parents obviously say "go for it."

Not sure how the USA can ever get to that level when Brazil has 6 year olds dedicating their entire existence to the pursuit of professional soccer.

USA will never be able to match it. USA is so far behind other countries developing youth, not to mention, there are 4 other major sports here in this country tat offer a "way out" as compared to Brasil where its essentially futbol or bust.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
USA will never be able to match it. USA is so far behind other countries developing youth, not to mention, there are 4 other major sports here in this country tat offer a "way out" as compared to Brasil where its essentially futbol or bust.

The USA might never live and breath soccer like Brazil, Argentina, etc because of the culture, it does have huge potential with the sport growing and youth development getting better.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The USA might never live and breath soccer like Brazil, Argentina, etc because of the culture, it does have huge potential with the sport growing and youth development getting better.

Yes.

They are getting better. Just recently, and only recently youth games have started with 5 v 5 games for kids on smaller fields. That was a huge step. Programs are all over the country specifically for kids and soccer. This country is improving. And maybe this WC can help build it even more. And the potential in this country is unprecedented. But still have to compete with the professional contracts of football, basketball, baseball, and hockey.

With all that said, and all the improvement shown, it's just a fact that we the USA will never be able to match that of Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, and other major soccer powers.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Yes.

They are getting better. Just recently, and only recently youth games have started with 5 v 5 games for kids on smaller fields. That was a huge step. Programs are all over the country specifically for kids and soccer. This country is improving. And maybe this WC can help build it even more. And the potential in this country is unprecedented. But still have to compete with the professional contracts of football, basketball, baseball, and hockey.

With all that said, and all the improvement shown, it's just a fact that we the USA will never be able to match that of Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, and other major soccer powers.

Idk if Holland should be on that list considering they have never won a WC hehe. They do have a really good team and develop elite talent no doubt about it.

Even though I don't think the USA will ever or at least in a long time live and breath soccer like Brazil and Argentina, I do think they will win a World Cup in my lifetime or at least come close.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Idk if Holland should be on that list considering they have never won a WC hehe. They do have a really good team and develop elite talent no doubt about it.

Even though I don't think the USA will ever or at least in a long time live and breath soccer like Brazil and Argentina, I do think they will win a World Cup in my lifetime or at least come close.

It's a shame that Jozy got hurt. The way the team is playing right now, I think they could have made a run.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
It's a shame that Jozy got hurt. The way the team is playing right now, I think they could have made a run.

Reports are that he is getting better and might be able to play in the Round of 16 game if they advance out of the group.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Reports are that he is getting better and might be able to play in the Round of 16 game if they advance out of the group.

I'm shitting my pants that they won't get through.