Blackhawks Shopping Sharp

Would you trade Patrick Sharp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Per Nick Kypreos : Chicago #Blackhawks F Patrick Sharp is available via trade. Hawks clearing money

I wouldn't mind it if they were able to get Kesler for him but I hope they find a way to hang onto Sharp. Maybe move Hossa instead

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
Beginning to age, and very highly valued. I love Sharpie, but if Stanbo's trying to make room for Morin and cap space for Kesler, along with bolstering the farm system for the future, I can't be mad about that.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind it if they were able to get Kesler for him but I hope they find a way to hang onto Sharp. Maybe move Hossa instead

Hossa's contract makes him a pretty low value in a trade. No one is going to take on that deal.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'm personally not a fan of searching out a trade for Sharp. Age isn't as big of a factor as it seemed to be in the past and he is certainly hitting a stride at this point in his career. Hard to imagine a scenario where the Blackhawks get back his worth in a trade...close to a point a game, plays the powerplay on the point, and at 5.9mil with the cap going up (has 3 more years on his contract) - those guys don't just grow on trees. I'm not really concerned about his age one bit...32 just isn't that old and he only has 3 years left so I don't see a huge decline at all in that time. Obviously it always depends on what they get back and what the move may open up, but I'm certainly not for trading him unless it somehow makes this team that much better. There are rumors going around that Sharp is on the block because of two separate instances that took place off the ice and that the Blackhawks don't like that for their image, but we shall see.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
There are rumors going around that Sharp is on the block because of two separate instances that took place off the ice and that the Blackhawks don't like that for their image, but we shall see.

You're gonna need to give us a little more detail on this.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You're gonna need to give us a little more detail on this.

One involves a situation at a bar with Sharp/Kane and one involves him being...well, not so faithful. Rumors are rumors, but at times where there is smoke there is fire.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
One involves a situation at a bar with Sharp/Kane and one involves him being...well, not so faithful. Rumors are rumors, but at times where there is smoke there is fire.

Where you heard these things? Genuine curiosity here. And if true I could certainly see where that would make the Hawks want to move him.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Where you heard these things? Genuine curiosity here. And if true I could certainly see where that would make the Hawks want to move him.

The one with Sharp/Kane incident has been making its way around the web for a little now, not too long though. The other one I heard from someone who has close ties to the organization, that's about the best way I can put it I suppose. Who knows, every little bit adds some intrigue I suppose.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:

I haven't heard any reports about this

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So was this Sharp and Kane getting into something against each other or as a duo against an outsider?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I just read something that Sharp and Kane got into an altercation following the loss vs LA. All that was said and it was on a comment on Facebook so not from a reliable source

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
The one with Sharp/Kane incident has been making its way around the web for a little now, not too long though. The other one I heard from someone who has close ties to the organization, that's about the best way I can put it I suppose. Who knows, every little bit adds some intrigue I suppose.

Yeah I have no idea what you're talking about and can't find anything online. Links?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
The last thing I'm trying to do is start some crazy rumor - these are just two things I heard from people that have ties and no real reason to bullshit me. I was told that there was an altercation between Sharp and Kane where Kane ended up on his ass after they had a few too many drinks. The other thing, I won't get too far into because it is what it is and isn't the greatest rumor out there for one's image. Rumors are rumors, I take them as that but when I am told directly from someone, I suppose my ears perk up a little bit more.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
If Sharp did cheat on his wife, that's not usually the type of story that gets out there. I bet that happens often in pro sports. Unless the team knows and just doesn't approve

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I was gonna say...punching a cabbie and getting wasted in a collegetown are pretty bad offenses IMO

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My reaction is more based on the rumors that they'll also be moving Seabrook.

Move those two and I don't think it's going to be pretty next year.

Odyua fine, I get that, but I'm perplexed as to why they'd move two top players at their positions. Their cap is in good shape.