The LeBron James Discussion Thread

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
So what he's the best basketball player in the world. A championship with LeBron on this team would be insignificant and meaningless. If he came here and made it to the Finals but lost, how would that make you feel if he blamed his teammates and bailed to Boston or LA? That's the kind of person he is, but people look the other way because he's "the best." I'd rather win with a couple stars and the best TEAM in the world, like San Antonio did. Way more gratifying.

Championships are championships, and adding the best player on the planet is a good start, no? By the way, I'm pretty sure MJ routinely threw his teammates under the bus. He also abused them verbally and physically at practice. However, I don't care, because it's all about the hardware.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Ok, LeBron comes here, wins a championship then bails. Who really won the championship, the Bulls and the city of Chicago, or LeBron James?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I can't believe how conceited and jaded fans have become. Some people have absolutely no dignity.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Dude, what? It would be awesome if the Bulls won a title with all of their cute little try hard scrubs like Kirk Hinrich and Mike Dunleavy, but it just isn't realistic. The NBA has and always will be driven by the star players. I want to see a championship, and getting a player like LeBron or Carmelo Anthony makes the Bulls a favorite in the East. I don't see how any of this has to do with dignity. Also, I like LeBron, he seems like a genuinely good dude. I'm not going to sit here and pout over the 2010 offseason.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Dude, what? It would be awesome if the Bulls won a title with all of their cute little try hard scrubs like Kirk Hinrich and Mike Dunleavy, but it just isn't realistic. The NBA has and always will be driven by the star players. I want to see a championship, and getting a player like LeBron or Carmelo Anthony makes the Bulls a favorite in the East. I don't see how any of this has to do with dignity. Also, I like LeBron, he seems like a genuinely good dude. I'm not going to sit here and pout over the 2010 offseason.

Question: You think opting out after a team just gave you the moon and stars to play for them is something a "genuinely good dude would do?"

Or how about giving teams false hope until the last hour of a prime-time tv announcement when you already colluded on a deal months prior. That genuinely good too?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Apply that principle to your professional life and let me know how it turns out...

Dude, the absence of loyalty and commitment gets you no where in life. It just makes you a quitter, and you know that.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Dude, the absence of loyalty and commitment gets you no where in life. It just makes you a quitter, and you know that.

You are aware that he took a below max contract correct? And he's going to return to Miami? He's just coercing them to improve the roster? Loyalty and commitment in private industry usually gets you taken advantage of, most profit seeking businesses aren't going to give you something unless you ask. Sometimes you have to force...

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think we see what is wrong with Bulls fandom. A percentage of the group wants heroes. They need someone to look up to...never mind the fact that some of them are 40, 50 years old. They believe in the tall tales involving Michael Jordan...saving cats from tall trees and walking on water or whatever. They can project the same childish immature bullshit onto Derrick Rose. They actually think DRose and Jordan are better human beings than Lebron James...sad.

Yet Scottie Pippen continues to get standing ovations at the UC. He DEFINITELY didn't walk on water...and he definitely had problems Lebron James has yet to have.

It shows how jacked up the fandom is when those who want to see the best player on the planet come to the Bulls are questioned as authentic fans...but those obtuse enough to say a championship doesn't matter if Lebron helps them win it...don't get exposed as being Lebron haters and not real Bulls fans.

And stop with the morally superior bullshit. You are no less narcissistic than you claim Lebron is. To totally concoct theories as to why Lebron isn't worthy of playing in Chicago based on some theory of moral character deficiency shows that many of you are clueless when it comes to judging character objectively. And judging a man's character totally, absolutely and negatively, based on a regrettable incident from damn near 5 years ago when it did nothing to permanently alter the lives of others negatively is damn near morally bankrupt of the accusers.

You should save that type of hate for people who walk into shopping malls with military artillery shooting wildly to kill. And you should also grow up.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You are aware that he took a below max contract correct? And he's going to return to Miami? He's just coercing them to improve the roster? Loyalty and commitment in private industry usually gets you taken advantage of, most profit seeking businesses aren't going to give you something unless you ask. Sometimes you have to force...

Ah yes, corporate values. Congratulations on the 'me-too' attitude. Do you teach your kids to be spineless, backstabbing vultures too?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i hate LeBron as much as the next guy, but he's got serious game. he left CLE because it was a dead end. he gave it many years, and it failed. went to MIA, tried to put together a "dream team" and did okay, won two. now it's falling apart again. he'll probably go to a team that is one big piece away from winning it all. i don't see him in CHI, but you never know. it's like if we got Melo and/or Love, would that make him want to be here MORE? maybe, because it would start looking sweet. i'd rather get Melo and Love, though, because i never liked LeBron's cocky 2...3...4...5...6...thing. i'll always worship Jordan, even if he was an ass in the real world. heard TONS of stories about him, but dammit if he wasn't quite possibly the best player ever. a joy to watch, so amazing.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Ah yes, corporate values. Congratulations on the 'me-too' attitude. Do you teach your kids to be spineless, backstabbing vultures too?

Yeah. Because standing up for yourself is spineless. I will quit my fucking job tomorrow if I get a better offer for me and my family. You know why? Because I know I am the best, my boss knows I'm the best, and competitors know I'm the best. Therefore, I deserve to be fairly compensated. But...I guess Lebron is some sort of elitist prick for exercising his rights and freedoms in a capitalistic country. I guess that's not a big reason why this entire fucking country exists or anything.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
i hate LeBron as much as the next guy, but he's got serious game. he left CLE because it was a dead end. he gave it many years, and it failed. went to MIA, tried to put together a "dream team" and did okay, won two. now it's falling apart again. he'll probably go to a team that is one big piece away from winning it all. i don't see him in CHI, but you never know. it's like if we got Melo and/or Love, would that make him want to be here MORE? maybe, because it would start looking sweet. i'd rather get Melo and Love, though, because i never liked LeBron's cocky 2...3...4...5...6...thing. i'll always worship Jordan, even if he was an ass in the real world. heard TONS of stories about him, but dammit if he wasn't quite possibly the best player ever. a joy to watch, so amazing.

If LeBron's game is so serious, why does he keep hoping from city to city. The team that helped him get to four straight NBA Finals is not good enough for the best player on the planet?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Yeah. Because standing up for yourself is spineless. I will quit my fucking job tomorrow if I get a better offer for me and my family. You know why? Because I know I am the best, my boss knows I'm the best, and competitors know I'm the best. Therefore, I deserve to be fairly compensated. But...I guess Lebron is some sort of elitist prick for exercising his rights and freedoms in a capitalistic country. I guess that's not a big reason why this entire fucking country exists or anything.

Interesting... so you think LeBron is doing this for the money?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If LeBron's game is so serious, why does he keep hoping from city to city. The team that helped him get to four straight NBA Finals is not good enough for the best player on the planet?

because he still can't do it alone. he needs a solid team around him, just like Jordan needed his Pippin, Rodman, etc.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Interesting... so you think LeBron is doing this for the money?

No he is doing it to coerce them into roster improvements. Which is another reason people have no reason to hate Lebron; he took a below max deal to begin with.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:

How is he hopping from city to city? He has played for two teams...it's not like he's in Shaq territory yet.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
because he still can't do it alone. he needs a solid team around him, just like Jordan needed his Pippin, Rodman, etc.

That's my whole point. He had a solid team around him. The problem is, he doesn't think he can win unless he has half of Team USA on his squad. It's stupid.