The LeBron James Discussion Thread

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
No he is doing it to coerce them into roster improvements. Which is another reason people have no reason to hate Lebron; he took a below max deal to begin with.

So he opted out to force a luxury tax team with 3 max contracts on the roster to spend more money? You don't think that's even a little bit diva-ish?

The Heat didn't lose the championship because they're "falling apart." That's nonsense. They got beat by the better team. LeBron and his team need to work harder and play better. LeBron's supposed to be the leader of that team. If he has to score 40 points in every game in the Finals to win, that's what he has to do. I guess he wants Carmelo to come there and score for him. All about them championships.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
You should really stop being angry and just enjoy the opportunity to watch an absolutely transcendent player

My words aren't emotions, just thoughts. I'm not angry at LeBron, I just think he's a bonehead.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's my whole point. He had a solid team around him. The problem is, he doesn't think he can win unless he has half of Team USA on his squad. It's stupid.

well, no. seems that the team around him is fading. Wade and Bosh don't seem to be as dominant as they were, unless my memory of this past season is off. he wants to play with the best, i get that. shoot, Wade has less avg points per game than Taj this year. Bosh's stats were off, too. HOU has some studs, i can see why LeBron wants to play with Harden and Howard. but the Bulls, if Rose comes back even 75% are looking good with Noah and Taj, too.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
well, no. seems that the team around him is fading. Wade and Bosh don't seem to be as dominant as they were, unless my memory of this past season is off. he wants to play with the best, i get that. shoot, Wade has less avg points per game than Taj this year. Bosh's stats were off, too. HOU has some studs, i can see why LeBron wants to play with Harden and Howard. but the Bulls, if Rose comes back even 75% are looking good with Noah and Taj, too.

It's understandable to be concerned about Wade and Bosh. But why not continue to support the team you made a commitment to? Communicate privately with your GM and owner, and let them do their jobs. No other star player in the league would pull this crap accept LeBron. I don't respect people who only care about themselves and act like they're god's gift to humanity. Duncan is the kind of player who would make me proud to be a Bulls fan. LeBron is not.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
That's my whole point. He had a solid team around him. The problem is, he doesn't think he can win unless he has half of Team USA on his squad. It's stupid.

After reading this thread, I'm thoroughly convinced you're a special kind of stupid regarding this LeBron James situation. You can call him spineless, gutless, scared, what have you. Is it admirable how he handled the whole "Decision" thing? Absolutely not. But he's actually one of the few athletes of his sport who truly does care about winning. Which is why he is doing this opt out.

Possibly to move to a better situation or have the Heat get a chance to imporve the roster and he will resign. What is the problem with that. You are quite possibly along with much of the Bulls fan base a meatball. You don't want him because he's the best and going to lengths to win. If he were to come here here no matter what you say on this message board, you'd be the 1st one tweeting about him, buying his jersey and claiming you wanted LeBron James to be a Bulls player.

Jordan needed Pippen, Rodman, Grant. Kobe needed Shaq, and Pau. Bird needed Parish, McHale. Magic had Kareem, James Worthy. Alcindor had Oscar Robertson. Olajuwon had Clyde. Oh lets not forget Wade also needed Shaq, and the Spurs need Duncan to go with the Admiral. They also needed Parker and Manu to go with Duncan and progress to the team they are now.

So theres your proof it happens. Has always happened, and will continue to happen. No matter how great the star, he needs help as it's still a team game. No matter how that team is assembled because teams will continue to draft, and guys that want rings will continue to hunt for situations that will lead to the best chance they have to possibly earn a ring. He's not an ass-bag he's actually good dude seemingly, especially in comparison to Jordan. All this in the way that he really just wants to win......

So in short, do us all a favor shut the hell up with the LeBron hatred, arguments that holds no water, and just accept that you're just a bitter fan who is holding a grudge that he didn't choose the Windy City. That's all, because you sound like a butt-hurt ass-bag.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
So he opted out to force a luxury tax team with 3 max contracts on the roster to spend more money? You don't think that's even a little bit diva-ish?

The Heat didn't lose the championship because they're "falling apart." That's nonsense. They got beat by the better team. LeBron and his team need to work harder and play better. LeBron's supposed to be the leader of that team. If he has to score 40 points in every game in the Finals to win, that's what he has to do. I guess he wants Carmelo to come there and score for him. All about them championships.

Miami had no max contracts
Lebron will likely take a pay cut to allow the team to fill out the roster
The Heat are falling apart. Wade is a shadow of himself and Bosh is a spot up shooter.
Lebron is the hardest worker and best player on that team, they just didn't have enough.

The only way Lebron leaves Miami is if Wade (smartly) opts in and handcuffs the cap situation.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
After reading this thread, I'm thoroughly convinced you're a special kind of stupid regarding this LeBron James situation. You can call him spineless, gutless, scared, what have you. Is it admirable how he handled the whole "Decision" thing? Absolutely not. But he's actually one of the few athletes of his sport who truly does care about winning. Which is why he is doing this opt out.

Possibly to move to a better situation or have the Heat get a chance to imporve the roster and he will resign. What is the problem with that. You are quite possibly along with much of the Bulls fan base a meatball. You don't want him because he's the best and going to lengths to win. If he were to come here here no matter what you say on this message board, you'd be the 1st one tweeting about him, buying his jersey and claiming you wanted LeBron James to be a Bulls player.

Jordan needed Pippen, Rodman, Grant. Kobe needed Shaq, and Pau. Bird needed Parish, McHale. Magic had Kareem, James Worthy. Alcindor had Oscar Robertson. Olajuwon had Clyde. Oh lets not forget Wade also needed Shaq, and the Spurs need Duncan to go with the Admiral. They also needed Parker and Manu to go with Duncan and progress to the team they are now.

So theres your proof it happens. Has always happened, and will continue to happen. No matter how great the star, he needs help as it's still a team game. No matter how that team is assembled because teams will continue to draft, and guys that want rings will continue to hunt for situations that will lead to the best chance they have to possibly earn a ring. He's not an ass-bag he's actually good dude seemingly, especially in comparison to Jordan. All this in the way that he really just wants to win......

So in short, do us all a favor shut the hell up with the LeBron hatred, arguments that holds no water, and just accept that you're just a bitter fan who is holding a grudge that he didn't choose the Windy City. That's all, because you sound like a butt-hurt ass-bag.

Lecturing a whole fanbase about who they should like is kinda silly, don't you think? We should all like LeBron because he's the best basketball player in the world. We all should like Kobe and Paul Pierce too, because they were the best. Right?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Miami had no max contracts
Lebron will likely take a pay cut to allow the team to fill out the roster
The Heat are falling apart. Wade is a shadow of himself and Bosh is a spot up shooter.
Lebron is the hardest worker and best player on that team, they just didn't have enough.

The only way Lebron leaves Miami is if Wade (smartly) opts in and handcuffs the cap situation.

How many others teams do you know of with three max contract players who took less money? Please don't make this a discussion about semantics. We both know what I mean.

CubbyBear2290

Graham Dougie=UNBEATABLE!
Liked Posts:
Lecturing a whole fanbase about who they should like is kinda silly, don't you think? We should all like LeBron because he's the best basketball player in the world. We all should like Kobe and Paul Pierce too, because they were the best. Right?

Not once did I say that. But to say you'd rather not have him, makes you in short, an idiot. If you don't like him fine. I'm personally not a huge fan either.

But I do know talent and recognize the best. So if the Bulls have any sort of shot, it has to be taken. Some of things you have posted in this thread are laughable and when presented with a counterpoint you use your own personal feelings about how you feel about him as to why you don't want him in Chicago. You sound like a teenage girl who asked the guy to prom and got rejected and now have an unneeded hatred toward him and can't ever let certain things go.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Not once did I say that. But to say you'd rather not have him, makes you in short, an idiot. If you don't like him fine. I'm personally not a huge fan either.

But I do know talent and recognize the best. So if the Bulls have any sort of shot, it has to be taken. Some of things you have posted in this thread are laughable and when presented with a counterpoint you use your own personal feelings about how you feel about him as to why you don't want him in Chicago. You sound like a teenage girl who asked the guy to prom and got rejected and now have an unneeded hatred toward him and can't ever let certain things go.

Nothing personal about it at all. I'm simply questioning LeBron's lack of loyalty and commitment to a team. He seems to get all the credit when the Heat win, but takes none of the blame when they lose. He's very comfortable holding others accountable for his mistakes/failures/etc. Nobody is perfect, not even LeBron.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I fail to see what the alleged Delonte West incident has to do with LeBron, the Bulls, and our idiot fan base not wanting him here.

You didn't address my first point about LBJ acting like a little bitch by pretending to be interested in various teams. He wasted their time when he knew all along he was going to sign with the Heat.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Come on...Lebron takes every bit of the blame.

When? Give me one example of LeBron accepting responsibility. I see him doing a lot of yelling at his teammates, even when he was at fault. I never hear him say he could have played better, done more, or made a mistake. His mannerism and expressions showed frustration with his teammates after the loss to San Antonio. He often plays like a very good, but not a great player during the playoffs. I guess he's just not as good as Jordan.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
When? Give me one example of LeBron accepting responsibility. I see him doing a lot of yelling at his teammates, even when he was at fault. I never hear him say he could have played better, done more, or made a mistake. His mannerism and expressions showed frustration with his teammates after the loss to San Antonio. He often plays like a very good, but not a great player during the playoffs. I guess he's just not as good as Jordan.

Not to mention he was crying like a little pussy in the final minute of Game 5 when Spo pulled him.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit about him leaving Cleveland and joining the Heat. The how was stupid as hell but that's not why I hate him. Also I don't care what he does off the court in his private time and how nice he is there.

But since he came to Miami, he behaves like an arrogant asshole everytime he steps ON the court. He get's on my fucking nerves everytime I see him playing.

I don't want him on this team because I want to see the Bulls beat him. If he's in Miami, New York, Houston or whererver.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
LOL at the lame ass excuses some of you have. You compare him to Jordan...but based on your analysis of Lebron's habits...YOU NEVER SAW JORDAN! Seriously...did I see someone knock James for yelling at teammates in the Finals? WTF? HE WAS SUPPOSED TO YELL AT THEM! THEY SUCKED!

And I guess being confident means arrogance...ok. He opts out, people complain. That is his prerogative! Professional players opt in and out of contracts all the time because they negotiated that into their salaries. Why is Carmelo lauded for opting out...and Lebron is vilified for it?

Give me a damn break.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good Lord. Can this thread be any more boring or repetitive? I think I'm going to opt out....opt out of reading any more of this thread.

:enough:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

No offense to my boy Rusty, but this right here is a great post. A fucking great post.