Does this mean Butler is the starting SG

czman

Liked Posts:
I know McBuckets could be a nice pro, but can he play the 2? If the Bulls get Melo where does he Play? If they don't get Melo is the SF. Is this draft pick basically giving the starting job to Butler?

FA is still out there. If the Bulls bring in Melo and the Euro kid they have nothing but league min left. If they don't get Melo does it matter who they bring in at the 2?

I don't see how they bring in Melo and get a SG, unless they have a Dunleavy+ someone else move up their sleeve.

I think that is what I dislike most about this pick. It really seems like the Bulls are not going to address Butlers complete failure on offense and just hope he gets better. Of hope that Snell does something.

Is Butler the starting SG again???????

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably, barring his inclusion in some trade. I don't think Butler is as bad as he showed this past year, but he'll only have success if we get Melo/Love. Or I guess if McDermott ends up being a beast. He will always have value as an elite defender, but offensively, he's got to be the 4th option for him to be successful.

It's also not out of the realm of possibility that the Bulls could swing Dunleavy for another SG if they somehow manage to get Melo or Love.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Plan A: Carmelo
Plan B: K. Love
Plan C: Lance Stephenson???

I could live with Snell Vs Butler if the Bulls get one of the big two options, otherwise they really need to upgrade scoring from the SG position.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah probably so

Doug is a 3/4

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Nope. Jimmer and Kirk will be starting in the backcourt.

Starting 5.

Kirk
Jimmer
Doug
Mirotic
Cameron Bairstow

Butler, Rose, Noah, and Taj, Snell and Randoph are being shopped for Love. And might pick up Budinger in the process.

So we might have.

Starters:
Kirk
Budinger
McDermott
Mirotic
Love

This will give the Bulls enough cap space to offer Gordon Hayward more than the Jazz are willing to match.
Then the Bulls are going to make a big run at Steve Blake, Spencer Hawes, and Luke Ridnour for depth.

When it's all set and ready, the roster will look like:
-Starters
Kirk
Hayward
Dougie Mac
Love
Hawes

-Bench
Dunleavy
Budinger
Mirotic
Jimmer
Steve Blake
Luke Ridnour
Bairstow
Mike James

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Starting 5.

Kirk
Jimmer
Doug
Mirotic
Cameron Bairstow

Butler, Rose, Noah, and Taj, Snell and Randoph are being shopped for Love. And might pick up Budinger in the process.

So we might have.

Starters:
Kirk
Budinger
McDermott
Mirotic
Love

This will give the Bulls enough cap space to offer Gordon Hayward more than the Jazz are willing to match.
Then the Bulls are going to make a big run at Steve Blake, Spencer Hawes, and Luke Ridnour for depth.

duke_ap.jpeg

:p

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Starting 5.

Kirk
Jimmer
Doug
Mirotic
Cameron Bairstow

So we might have.

Starters:
Kirk
Budinger
McDermott
Mirotic
Love

-Starters
Kirk
Hayward
Dougie Mac
Love
Hawes

-Bench
Dunleavy
Budinger
Mirotic
Jimmer
Steve Blake
Luke Ridnour
Bairstow
Mike James
The heck is Mike James doing on this team...you gotta resurrect the corpse of Travis Deiner

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know McBuckets could be a nice pro, but can he play the 2? If the Bulls get Melo where does he Play? If they don't get Melo is the SF. Is this draft pick basically giving the starting job to Butler?

IF I were the Bulls I'd leave Butler at SF and Melo as the SG. But it really doesn't mean much what you name either of them because they will be pretty much interchangeable. Butler would take the other sides best SG or SF on defense and Melo will poach the passing lanes. Mirotic will back up Gibson and Butler while Mc will back-up Melo.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't Butler just be that guy that plays 44 minutes....SF when we go small, SG when we go big. simple

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
I don't want Jimmy Butler playing 44 mins. Bradley Beal didn't seem to have any issue getting the Wiz off with "the great defensive whiz kid" Butler on him. Fuuuuuuck. We could have had Gary Harris but we pissed that way.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

Starting 5.

Kirk
Jimmer
Doug
Mirotic
Cameron Bairstow

So we might have.

Starters:
Kirk
Budinger
McDermott
Mirotic
Love

-Starters
Kirk
Hayward
Dougie Mac
Love
Hawes

-Bench
Dunleavy
Budinger
Mirotic
Jimmer
Steve Blake
Luke Ridnour
Bairstow
Mike James

lol mike james

there for purpose of the classic "im not racist, i have a black friend"

czman

Liked Posts:

IF I were the Bulls I'd leave Butler at SF and Melo as the SG. But it really doesn't mean much what you name either of them because they will be pretty much interchangeable. Butler would take the other sides best SG or SF on defense and Melo will poach the passing lanes. Mirotic will back up Gibson and Butler while Mc will back-up Melo.

Because Melo can't guard the 2. You are what you defend.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Probably, barring his inclusion in some trade. I don't think Butler is as bad as he showed this past year, but he'll only have success if we get Melo/Love. Or I guess if McDermott ends up being a beast. He will always have value as an elite defender, but offensively, he's got to be the 4th option for him to be successful.

It's also not out of the realm of possibility that the Bulls could swing Dunleavy for another SG if they somehow manage to get Melo or Love.

I think Jimmy starts because in many cases the 2 guard on the other team is the 1 or 2 option. So if Jimmy can score some he's a value.

Anthony?
Rose
Gibson
Noah
Butler

If you have 5 players only 1 can be the 1st option and somebody has to be the 5th, even at about 18PPG Butler would still be the 3rd option on an Anthony led Bulls team, Everybody can't score in big numbers with Rose and Anthony, they other 3 have to do the dirty work. If McDermott comes of the bench and outscores Butler or Gibson it doesn't mean he should start, mostly it could be he's playing against the reserves on the other teams and they can't cover him.

There are some teams where the leading scorer is the 6th man, does that mean they should be trading the starting 5 to get 5 better scorers? Players have roles within the team and it's not all about who scores the points.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think Jimmy starts because in many cases the 2 guard on the other team is the 1 or 2 option. So if Jimmy can score some he's a value.

Anthony?
Rose
Gibson
Noah
Butler

If you have 5 players only 1 can be the 1st option and somebody has to be the 5th, even at about 18PPG Butler would still be the 3rd option on an Anthony led Bulls team, Everybody can't score in big numbers with Rose and Anthony, they other 3 have to do the dirty work. If McDermott comes of the bench and outscores Butler or Gibson it doesn't mean he should start, mostly it could be he's playing against the reserves on the other teams and they can't cover him.

There are some teams where the leading scorer is the 6th man, does that mean they should be trading the starting 5 to get 5 better scorers? Players have roles within the team and it's not all about who scores the points.
Ok...? I'm not saying Butler needs to be a big time scorer, I'm saying he needs to not be relied upon for offense because he's not that type of player. He can be a very good 3 and D role player, but he needs to not be the focus of an offense for that to happen. Danny Green is probably the 4th option in the Spurs offense and he's very successful in that role. When the Heat treated him like the 1st option in the Finals last year after he lit them up for 5 games, they shut him down. It's a similar idea. If Butler has better offensive players ahead of him in the starting lineup, he's going to look much better offensively than if he was the 2nd option himself.

sicko

Liked Posts:

Starting 5.

Kirk
Jimmer
Doug
Mirotic
Cameron Bairstow

So we might have.

Starters:
Kirk
Budinger
McDermott
Mirotic
Love

-Starters
Kirk
Hayward
Dougie Mac
Love
Hawes

-Bench
Dunleavy
Budinger
Mirotic
Jimmer
Steve Blake
Luke Ridnour
Bairstow
Mike James

LMFAO at Mike James as the Token Black Dude "What We Are Not Racist...OUR WORST PLAYER IS BLACK":lmao:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Butler does seem to score more when you aren't asking him to. He is better as a scrapper that creates his own opprotunities, slips in for the occassional alley oop while the defense is focused on others, or puts back an offensive rebound or gets his own fast break with defense and speed.

IMO, he is a valuable player, just not a scorer. But take the pressure off him and you'll find him wide open for a 3 and he can get going.