Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Signing Brad Richards very much means that they're going to go for it.

My earlier point was simply that they could probably "go for it" with or without Sharp.

Frankly, at the risk of sounding arrogant, the Blackhawks are "going for it" for another 9 seasons with Kane and Toews.

Obviously there will be depth questions that need to be addressed, but with those two players on the roster, the team has a chance.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Frankly, at the risk of sounding arrogant, the Blackhawks are "going for it" for another 9 seasons with Kane and Toews.

Obviously there will be depth questions that need to be addressed, but with those two players on the roster, the team has a chance.

After they won the first cup, the Hawks then got bounced in the first round in 2011 and 2012. K & T are great but they can't do it alone. Depth needs to be maintained.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;qoYsfbq3vMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoYsfbq3vMc[/video]

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
After they won the first cup, the Hawks then got bounced in the first round in 2011 and 2012. K & T are great but they can't do it alone. Depth needs to be maintained.

We all remember these days when Toews was the only player with the balls to go digging in the corners. It was depressing.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

this. anyone who thinks we are locks for anything with just those 2 with specs surrounding them are flat out stupid. you have to roll out 4 lines. not just a couple of super stars. the future can and will be a gamble that hopefully we win, but it is no lock.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
this. anyone who thinks we are locks for anything with just those 2 with specs surrounding them are flat out stupid. you have to roll out 4 lines. not just a couple of super stars. the future can and will be a gamble that hopefully we win, but it is no lock.

The only thing that's a lock, provided health is that they'll have a chance.

How much of a chance will depend on quality depth.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

Pretty much this.

Ask the Penguins how far two top end players and a bunch of scrubs gets you. That being said, the cap is going to rise significantly the next few years making these contracts seem cheap. Bowman has done a great job in filling out the lines with quality players while the team goes thru transitions. I wouldnt believe the Hawks are standing still until i actually see it. The Richards signing is proof positive he is going to war with this line up one more time before he tweeks the roster. If it means Rozi is gone, that makes the Hawks better next year. The guy is done.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Pretty much this.

Ask the Penguins how far two top end players and a bunch of scrubs gets you. That being said, the cap is going to rise significantly the next few years making these contracts seem cheap. Bowman has done a great job in filling out the lines with quality players while the team goes thru transitions. I wouldnt believe the Hawks are standing still until i actually see it. The Richards signing is proof positive he is going to war with this line up one more time before he tweeks the roster. If it means Rozi is gone, that makes the Hawks better next year. The guy is done.

I think you can already see the biggest difference between the Hawks and the Penguins by looking at the pipeline of players that followed each team's initial Cup win (PIT didn't have a second one, obviously, which is part of the point here).

Hawks developed a ton of young talent they drafted or acquired in names like Saad, Shaw, Smith, Leddy, Crawford, etc.

Who, exactly, have the Pens brought up through their organization since Malkin and Crosby? Letang was already established. Looking at the Pens roster right now I don't see another home-grown player on their team, currently, that came up with the team following that '09 Cup win.

And that's the difference.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I think you can already see the biggest difference between the Hawks and the Penguins by looking at the pipeline of players that followed each team's initial Cup win (PIT didn't have a second one, obviously, which is part of the point here).

Hawks developed a ton of young talent they drafted or acquired in names like Saad, Shaw, Smith, Leddy, Crawford, etc.

Who, exactly, have the Pens brought up through their organization since Malkin and Crosby? Letang was already established. Looking at the Pens roster right now I don't see another home-grown player on their team, currently, that came up with the team following that '09 Cup win.

And that's the difference.
Maatta is going to be a star. Thats pretty much it as Sherop was willing to trade prospects while his stars are in their Cup run years. Of course its backfired, but they did keep the best player.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Maatta is going to be a star. Thats pretty much it as Sherop was willing to trade prospects while his stars are in their Cup run years. Of course its backfired, but they did keep the best player.

Agreed on Maatta. But don't see enough D depth in Pittsburgh to consider them a real Cup contender right now. They might be able to rose to the top of a still subpar Eastern Conference but they'll get housed by any Western Conference representatives in a hypothetical Cup final.

On a slightly related note ...

The Pens have Crosby, Malkin, and Letang locked up through 2022 at a total cap hit of $25.45 million between the trio. Hawks have Toews/Kane/Keith locked up through 2023 at $26.538. Who'd you rather have?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
To answer my own question ... if it was solely based on ability I think I'd lean toward the Pens' trio because it's so damn hard to find two centers that you can constantly throw in at the top of your lineup.

But if you throw in all the other related factors, particularly injury concerns, I'm taking the Hawks trio.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fuck him. He's bent out of shape because the Hawks dumped his useless brother for Versteeg. Of course, Versteeg was pretty useless himself.
The only player more useless than those two isssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Brandon Bollig!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only player more useless than those two isssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Brandon Bollig!

I was sure you would say Jaime Kompon.....

PS: Are you the new Capt. Serious now? Changing your avvy every 5 mins?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You just told me to change it :tongue:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who gives a shit how many times I change my avy.

Bothers you that much. :rolleyes:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who gives a shit how many times I change my avy.

Bothers you that much. :rolleyes:

Nah lol you tend to have good avvys.... was just trollin fisch for having a Lakers avvy during Bears TC in another thread.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nah lol you tend to have good avvys.... was just trollin fisch for having a Lakers avvy during Bears TC in another thread.
Gasol's on the Bulls now :fist:

Status
Not open for further replies.