Not open for further replies.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
oh you are being a bit dramatic. all it was, was to get rid of some pennies. as far as the player drafted....cmon

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Would YOU give up a 3rd for Bollig then have to pay his sorry ass $1.2 mil for the next three years? There are probably 29 NHL GM's that wouldn't.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Brodeur wants to backup here for a mil or less, sure why not?

FYI Corey Crawford's numbers for last year 32-16-10 2.26 .917

Sure Hall of Famer Brodeur's lifetime numbers 688-394-49 2.24 .912

And don't tell me about defensive help.....over the years, no one has played better team defense than New Jersey.

Liked Posts:
Are you absolutely certain he's better than Chicago's current back up? I'm not. And with Brodeur, you know the needle is pointing down.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are you absolutely certain he's better than Chicago's current back up? I'm not. And with Brodeur, you know the needle is pointing down.

No, but I think everyone will agree that Rannta has to be playing and not twiddling his thumbs on the bench.....Brodeur can sit there and twiddle his 42 year old thumbs.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
No, but I think everyone will agree that Rannta has to be playing and not twiddling his thumbs on the bench.....Brodeur can sit there and twiddle his 42 year old thumbs.
I agree on Raanta but I don't want Brodeur to be the new backup. Heard nothing but bad things about him (character/personality wise) in the last few years

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

thats kinda where im at

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Brodeur wants to backup here for a mil or less, sure why not?

FYI Corey Crawford's numbers for last year 32-16-10 2.26 .917

Sure Hall of Famer Brodeur's lifetime numbers 688-394-49 2.24 .912

And don't tell me about defensive help.....over the years, no one has played better team defense than New Jersey.
I liked this article about goalies and how volatile goalies statistics are.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree on Raanta but I don't want Brodeur to be the new backup. Heard nothing but bad things about him (character/personality wise) in the last few years

and the same was for emery before he was a hawk x10. its how the coaching staff and management handle the specific player.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Where are we getting the cap room to sign Marty?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where are we getting the cap room to sign Marty?

Dews bank account.
w00t_zps56f8cdf3.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
and the same was for emery before he was a hawk x10. its how the coaching staff and management handle the specific player.

Heard nothing like that on Emery. He just really liked fighting on the ice, from what I recall.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I liked this article about goalies and how volatile goalies statistics are.

Pretty good read. There's a lot of luck involved in the position but there is no stat for that. You're left to go on what is provided. How do you make a call on who is really good or who is just lucky? Take Crawford and Quick for example. Crawford is heavily criticized and rightly so, for letting in too many soft goals.....so is he just unlucky? On the other side of the coin you have Quick who most people around the NHL ballyhoo as being the best. I see huge holes in his game as he leaves the upper third of the net wide open at almost any instance yet teams continue to shoot low on him. Is he just lucky?

Plus you have to take goal posts, saves made when they don't even see the puck or when a teammate saves a goal....all things that are not in the equation. I guess it just comes down to who the coach feels the most comfortable with.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Quick...sigh *unzips* :fap:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heard nothing like that on Emery. He just really liked fighting on the ice, from what I recall.

right like being late to practice all the time and murray openly admitting he wanted him gone, altercations with spezza,neil and mcgrattan, fighting the team trainer...road rage threats, car accidents while speeding because he was missing wake up calls....but yeah brodeur...he would be hard to deal with.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
right like being late to practice all the time and murray openly admitting he wanted him gone, altercations with spezza,neil and mcgrattan, fighting the team trainer...road rage threats, car accidents while speeding because he was missing wake up calls....but yeah brodeur...he would be hard to deal with.

All of which happened earlier in his career. Emery obviously matured quite a bit after his afflication with avascular necrosis, which nearly ended his career.

And Emery played for cap hits of $600k and then $1.15 million. Brodeur hasn't played for less than $4 million in this millennium. If you think he's suddenly going to take a salary cut of about 75%, I have some other things I'd like to sell you.

Brodeur ain't worth it. Especially with this team's current financial situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.