Blackhawks Trade And Free Agent Rumors And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
its like the hot stove in baseball. this is where it all goes down.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I heard we traded Kane for Ryan Miller..... twice.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
now trade crawford

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Morin's contract is a one way deal, which means he's done with Rockford. Chicago or bust.

Edited because of stupid auto correct

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Morin has earned himself Stalberg-Skille level of play. If he actually performs, then he might get consistent time above line 4

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So Moringod? :bow:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Morin's contract is a one way deal, which means he's done with Rockford. Chicago or bust.

Edited because of stupid auto correct

A 1 way deal does not mean he is done with Rockford. A 1 way deal and 2 way deal only mean that a player is paid the same in the NHL/AHL (1 way deal) or different in the NHL/AHL (2 way deal) it has nothing to do with a player being exempt from waivers.

Waivers are determined by years of service on a contract, signing age and/or amount of games played at the NHL level. I believe he is not exempt from waivers because of how many years it has been since his first NHL game.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
A 1 way deal does not mean he is done with Rockford. A 1 way deal and 2 way deal only mean that a player is paid the same in the NHL/AHL (1 way deal) or different in the NHL/AHL (2 way deal) it has nothing to do with a player being exempt from waivers.

Waivers are determined by years of service on a contract, signing age and/or amount of games played at the NHL level. I believe he is not exempt from waivers because of how many years it has been since his first NHL game.
If he's not exempt from waivers he's done with Rockford. Someone would pick him up if he were placed there.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
If he's not exempt from waivers he's done with Rockford. Someone would pick him up if he were placed there.

Correct. I was just simply letting you know what it means for a 1 way/2 way deal, since most people believe it has to do with waivers when it does not and was the reason you stated he wouldn't be in Rockford.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Correct. I was just simply letting you know what it means for a 1 way/2 way deal, since most people believe it has to do with waivers when it does not and was the reason you stated he wouldn't be in Rockford.
Yeah I didn't know that part. Thanks.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Yeah I didn't know that part. Thanks.

No worries. Capgeek recently added a waiver calculator which is pretty nice.

http://www.capgeek.com/waiver-calculator/

I haven't seen if Raanta is on a 1 way deal (I would assume he is and we will go with that for this example) but if he is, he is still exempt from waivers because of how many games he has played combined with his years playing on a NHL contract. Which is part of the reason I am hoping the Blackhawks can find a cheap backup for Crawford (a vet type guy) and let Raanta get 60 games in the AHL to see what he is really made of.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
No worries. Capgeek recently added a waiver calculator which is pretty nice.

http://www.capgeek.com/waiver-calculator/

I haven't seen if Raanta is on a 1 way deal (I would assume he is and we will go with that for this example) but if he is, he is still exempt from waivers because of how many games he has played combined with his years playing on a NHL contract.
That's good because I think Rockford is the place for him

Status
Not open for further replies.