Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I'd love to hear Reggie's thoughts on this.

Reactions: X

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
This recruiting all a bunch of crap and so is how James or Anthony is a big fan of someone. First the Heat draft Napier, oooh James tweeted how good he was, now Phoenix has Bledsoe and James is supposedly a big fan, James and Anthony want to play together.

Every one of these guys takes the biggest deal they can get, their agents explain where that is and they make friends with whoever is on their team. The big 3 went to Miami for less money and saw the 4 finals 2 championships payoff. That didn't make them like brothers, it made them great teammates for 4 years. Had hey not done as well as they did there would be no talk of how buddy buddy they are.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Noah doesnt seem to mind making the team better

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Derrick Rose stated that he doesn't recruit. He stated that he isn't recruiting now. Case closed. I don't know any other franchise player who isn't recruiting across the NBA. Kobe is lobbying all over twitter, Lebron recruits (hell, he practically made the draft pick for Miami), Melo has. I think Melo sees Chicago as his for the taking. He could go over big here. Trust me, he isn't coming here to be Scottie Pippen...he is coming here to be the number 1 guy. Noah will run that locker room and Melo would be the number 1 guy on the court. I think Rose would be a great 2nd option to Melo. Nothing wrong with that. Then again, in Wade's eyes (my personal belief here), Lebron was going to be Pippen to his Jordan. Didn't work out that way.

^^^ This.

While he always has stated it's not "his job", which he is correct about, other stars around the league see this and each interprets it differently. Some may take it as a slight and others may agree with him and have no issue. However, I just don't understand why he is so adamant about not even attempting it. Shooting Melo a text or a call takes little effort and could pay big divends down the road, so where is the issue? Rose should not be worried about whether he'll be the #1 guy still if we get Melo. He won't be despite having some MVP hardware.

The biggest problem I have with Rose is his unwillingness to take the court in a competitive atmosphere. To state that "I think I was ready a long time ago", and then in the same interview tell the reporter "If I'm feeling right and the time is
, for sure I will go out there." makes him look wishy-washy and mentally weak. If you were basically ready back in May, then you HAVE TO PLAY DERRICK. If he does not play for Team USA this summer, then that tells me his psyche is more fragile than his body, which is a HUGE problem.​

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Nothing to defend...He is correct, it's not his job. Players should want to play in Chicago. Rose wants to play with guys that want to come and play with him and for this city. What else is he going to say that he didn't say in that interview? He said he would like to play with Melo and he likes the way he plays. Rose isn't going to blow up and turn down the opportunity to play with him obviously. Chicago front office obviously wants him to come to Chicago and Noah has apparently already reached out to him so what else do you want Rose to say to him?

Rose isn't going to sway Melo's decision in any way.

Nice white wash of the situation. You're doing a fine job of cleaning his dirty linen everytime he and the Bulls FO shit themselves.

As the face of the franchise, Rose is expected to be a leader and ambassador for the Bulls. Networking is an integral part of any profession, and BJ Armstrong, Rose's agent, should remind hiim of that fact.

Rose is fine making commercials and advertisements hawking stuff for a buck, but he can't pick up a damn phone and talk Carmelo or Love? I guess that's what $90,000,000 gets you these days, 10 games in two years and the middle finger when you're trying to improve the team. Fucking disgrace.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My issue is that you can't say you won't help recruit in this league and then privately complain to your brother that the Bulls don't bring anyone in to play with you.

Whatever...nothing matters with this Bulls team if Rose isn't healthy and leading us, and if he is then we have enough.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My issue is that you can't say you won't help recruit in this league and then privately complain to your brother that the Bulls don't bring anyone in to play with you.
That's why I don't think it makes sense that Reggie voices Derrick's opinion. It's more likely that Reggie is just voicing his own opinion and claiming that it's Derrick's so that it has more weight.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I think Melo sees Chicago as his for the taking. He could go over big here. Trust me, he isn't coming here to be Scottie Pippen...he is coming here to be the number 1 guy. Noah will run that locker room and Melo would be the number 1 guy on the court. I think Rose would be a great 2nd option to Melo. Nothing wrong with that. Then again, in Wade's eyes (my personal belief here), Lebron was going to be Pippen to his Jordan. Didn't work out that way.

and that might be where the issue lies with Derrick

but im hoping the rumors are true about Rose reaching out behind the scenes...because i dont want Carmelo to be put off thinking Rose doesn't want him here

Liked Posts:

Whatever...nothing matters with this Bulls team if Rose isn't healthy and leading us, and if he is then we have enough.

If you add Anthony, the Bulls are still formidable even without Rose.

Liked Posts:
I just saw a news blurb that Bulls players will be at the Berto Center to meet/greet free agents. I guess it is part of the job.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Recruiting isn't just sending a text to a guy, its campaigning and calling to beg a guy to join the team. Who cares what his brother says as if any little brother can tell his big brother that protected and help raise him, to shut up. I'm so tired of people taking shots at Rose over what Reggie says. D. Rose was 100% right about what he said and he clearly said he has no problem with Melo and loves how he plays.

Why does he have to do the GM's job just because another player doesn't mind doing it?

Svic

Liked Posts:
Of course Rose doesn't want to recruit. It getting kind of annoying. He sat on his ass for 2 years when team doctors said he needed to play the first year so he could complete his rehab yet he ignored them. How come Noah and Taj are going out and recruiting guys when they are not even the highest payed players on the team. Its stupid. Yes he doesn't have to do it. But who wants to play with a guy who doesn't want to do what other players around the league. A text message would be fine. Just stupid and ignorant when his teammates want to win and were winning while he sat on his butt on the bench. If his teammates are doing it and have no issue doing cause they want to win then he should be there with them. Unless his teammates don't believe he is going to be there to help them win.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Svic

Liked Posts:
We can blame Rose for what Reggie said because Rose hired him as one of the people who speaks under him. Bad representation. His representative made it seem like he was upset that bulls aren't brining anyone. Made it roses words because no punishment came. Stupid. Help your guys who are trying to win because 2 years ago you were great but now you are a injury prone bum until you can show you can be good.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Overall Rose is being a moron and his brother is a bigger moron. Help out the team that is paying you 90 million. Look at Noah tweet. Its disappointing to see Rose act like a child.