D. Rose Sticking To His Guns: Won't Recruit Carmelo

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
So many haters...People act like it was Rose's fault he got injured. Calling him a "bum" and a "moron" for what? Taking his time getting back from injury? If he came back early and got injured you would be complaining that he came back too early.

He is a moron because he told his brother he needed more help but when he refuses to recruit, he is also a moron.

Rose can't win with unreasonable and impatient fans like Svic unless he is dropping MVP like numbers on the court again.

Liked Posts:
So many haters...People act like it was Rose's fault he got injured. Calling him a "bum" and a "moron" for what? Taking his time getting back from injury? If he came back early and got injured you would be complaining that he came back too early.

He is a moron because he told his brother he needed more help but when he refuses to recruit, he is also a moron.

Rose can't win with unreasonable and impatient fans like Svic unless he is dropping MVP like numbers on the court again.

More of this ignorance? Again!? Really!?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

What ignorance? This is exactly what would happen. It's the truth.

If he comes back early and gets hurt he is a "injury-prone bum"...He waits to make sure his knee is all good and ready, he is a "mentally-weak bum".

Because he told his brother he needed some help, he is a "selfish moron"...Oh you don't want to recruit? You're a still a "selfish moron"

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Oh the irony..
Don't be petty, I just thought it was funny that you immediately found someone else being a Rose "apologist".

Liked Posts:
Don't be petty, I just thought it was funny that you immediately found someone else being a Rose "apologist".

Fair enough. People overuse "LOL" as Internet posture tactic. Yes, you're not the only one.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Are all Chicago sports fans koolaid drinking idiots, or is it just this forum? I swear, these teams/players can do no wrong here.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Nothing to defend...He is correct, it's not his job. Players should want to play in Chicago. Rose wants to play with guys that want to come and play with him and for this city. What else is he going to say that he didn't say in that interview? He said he would like to play with Melo and he likes the way he plays. Rose isn't going to blow up and turn down the opportunity to play with him obviously. Chicago front office obviously wants him to come to Chicago and Noah has apparently already reached out to him so what else do you want Rose to say to him?

Rose isn't going to sway Melo's decision in any way.

Unless Melo has zero intention of signing here it is totally illogical to suggest that recruiting (or lack there of) by the face of the franchise and former MVP would have no impact.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Are all Chicago sports fans koolaid drinking idiots, or is it just this forum? I swear, these teams/players can do no wrong here.

What in the hell are you talking about? Are you from Chicago? If you are, why are you calling Chicago fans idiots? I do not get it. Other than the Cubs the fans of this city expect good performance out of their teams.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Sometimes Rose opens up his mouth when he shouldn't. Broadcasting to the world that he won't coax Melo to Chicago is pretty dumb of him.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's not Roses job to recruit. It's his job to play basketball, which he doesn't do either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
I guess he forgot he needed Tim flowers in his Simeon days and CDR at Memphis, but he's an Armani model now at least Noah is recruiting (and taj too from what I've heard)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I guess he forgot he needed Tim flowers in his Simeon days and CDR at Memphis, but he's an Armani model now at least Noah is recruiting (and taj too from what I've heard)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Damn! Callback! Whatever happened to Tim Flowers?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Sometimes Rose opens up his mouth when he shouldn't. Broadcasting to the world that he won't coax Melo to Chicago is pretty dumb of him.

People act like Rose is seeking out media opportunities EVERY DAMN DAY to say he won't recruit FAs. He said it in one interview and it gets repeated a thousand goddamn times like he's taking ads out in the newspapers saying it every day. Maybe he's just smarter than the dimwitted fans who think if one millionaire NBA player talks nice about his team some other millionaire NBA player will have such a warm fuzzy feeling in his heart that he'll sign with that team. Except those mindless idiots fail to see that 7 different stars from 7 different teams all go out there recruiting the same guy and none of them has such a persuasive pitch that it's going to overcome the others, they make the same oh you'll love it here pitch to 5 different guys and they all can only sign with one team and they all can't sign with one team.

Liked Posts:
Remember when Rose said, " why can't I be MVP?!"? When has Rise made this kind of a declaration regarding team success? The MVP is very much a team award. If your team is awful you have little to no chance of winning MVP. So, you can't say his team didn't help him achieve this. But, to this point, his teammates won't win MVPs, although Noah thus year is as close as it comes for a non elite player to something like this. But Roses teammates have constantly made the requisite sacrifice to win. It's helped Rose win an MVP and it's helped the Bulls win a playoff series when Rose turned his back on them. It's easy to wonder if Rose is just some selfish dude who is on his own team. You also wonder if his teammates also realize this but won't allow he selves to admit it.

When Jordan was in his 2nd year, he already had the big shoe contract. He broke his foot in October. As the season wound down, the Bulls were floundering with Jordan sidelined from his foot. The Bulls were verging on not making the playoffs. Jordan started butting heads with the front office and insisted on coming back to play early. The Bulls did manage to barely make the playoffs, which meant they were first round fodder for a great Celtics team (that won the title that year). But had Jordan not come back, the Bulls would have never made the playoffs, which means the world wold have never seen the 63 point game in Boston Garden.

Another, example of Jordan voicing aspirations for team success came in 1989. That year the Bulls had lost every regular season game against the Cavs. There was a lot of noise about this when the Bulls had to play the Cavs in the first round ( best of 5 then). With all the noise focused on certain demise, Jordan predicted the Bulls would win the series in 4 games. He was wrong. It's a good thing because game five is the game where he hit a would be game winner with 6 seconds left only to see the Caves score on a give and go off the inbound pass with 3 seconds left. But those three second of that game 5 will live for the ages as those three seconds were the three seconds that produced "the shot".

People think of these as a testament to individual greatness, and they were, but the unmentioned backdrop was a piping hot desire to achieve team success. In 1986, perhaps stupidly, he put his health on the line by coming back early so that 1986 wouldn't be a lost season for his team. And in 1989 Jordan put himself on the line by predicting a win in a series over a team that they hadn't defeated all season.

We have one guy on the roster (maybe two) who has that competitive fire and is deeply motivated by team success. And that person certainly isn't Rose.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Ever since he signed that contract extension two years ago, Derrick Rose is basketball's Mark Prior.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
OK can you people be happy NOW? He probably introduced himself, shook the guy's hand and told him he hoped he would sign with the Bulls. All while wearing a hat with RECRUITER on it.