Trading Boozer and Dunleavy

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
I don't think people remember the way he left Cleveland for Utah years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

although most cavs fans still remember that, its a whole new ownership and obviously front office since

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
Plus teams know Chicago has to amnesty him if they want to make a big roster move, why give up anything for him and his massive contract when you can sign him for 11 mil a year less?

czman

Liked Posts:
Teams that need cap space in the next year or 2, and they do it during the season. not in the off-season and teams that have a ton of cap room. what teams do you think will do that trade? certinley no teams in the east, already going to be tough to win the east if the big 3 stay in Miami.

This makes no sense. So a team who knows they have no chance to win. Has cap space and no chance at a big name FA. Has to spend money to reach the league min. Would not take Boozer and a future 1st? Just to spite the Bulls.

czman

Liked Posts:
Plus teams know Chicago has to amnesty him if they want to make a big roster move, why give up anything for him and his massive contract when you can sign him for 11 mil a year less?

1st round pick.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Has it been that long? I think it was a combo between moving, the constant pissing matches here and Miami being the center of the basketball universe that did it for me. What brought me back is the whole D-Rose not willing to recruit topic. I remember getting shredded to bits around here for saying Rose should recruit 4 years ago. I was interested in getting into some Bears talk but then I remembered the flock that game here after a certain board closed down. I'll stick to Bulls...

Hoping for a good Fa

Heat fans aren't welcome here.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
This makes no sense. So a team who knows they have no chance to win. Has cap space and no chance at a big name FA. Has to spend money to reach the league min. Would not take Boozer and a future 1st? Just to spite the Bulls.

It makes total sense, why would they take boozer at 16 Mil? just for sh*ts and giggles? be realistic here

Liked Posts:
Why would Cleveland come to mind for boozer? just to eat your cap space for you to get better and not make the Cavs better?

He has one year left. He can add scoring and rebounding to a young team for the time he's there.

Or is Cleveland looking to have the 1st overall pick again?

czman

Liked Posts:
It makes total sense, why would they take boozer at 16 Mil? just for sh*ts and giggles? be realistic here

Who the hell is they? I never once gave a team. Did you even read what I typed?

All teams must have a min salary of 90% of the cap. There are multiple teams that will have to add 20+ million this off season to reach that. Not all of the are trying to compete. So if you are the 76ers and have to spend ~25 mill you might like Boozer and his expiring deal+ picks. They are going to have to overpay players anyway and not all FA want a one year deal.

There are multiple teams with a bunch of space that they have to fill. They are not getting Melo/Love/James/Wade/Bosh. Should they overpay Paul pierce and get no picks or overpay Boozer on a one year deal and get a pick.

So far, you stated that no one would do this because team don't help other teams get stars. I proved that was wrong.

Now you are saying that people don't take bad contracts for picks. When the Bulls traded out Hinrich to Was they gave Was the 17th pick. So you are wrong there too.

In fact all evidence supports that a team might be willing to take Boozer and a 1st if they have the space. Additionally this is the first year where the min salary for teams is 90% of the cap. Therefore, teams will have to spend more.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Now you are saying that people don't take bad contracts for picks. When the Bulls traded out Hinrich to Was they gave Was the 17th pick. So you are wrong there too
Was Hinrich's contract really that bad? It was frontloaded and the years left on the deal were all less than 10M when he was traded I thought.

czman

Liked Posts:
Was Hinrich's contract really that bad? It was frontloaded and the years left on the deal were all less than 10M when he was traded I thought.
9 million that season and 8+ the following.

I think that is worse. Boozer has a larger contract but is more productive and has one less year on the contract.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
It's extremely debatable that Boozer for the 1st and 3rd quarters was more productive than Hinrich. You had to see why Thibs started Hinrich over Augustine when healthy, he may pound the ball some and DJ could score far more but the offense worked much better with Hinrich running it. Double that up on defense, Kirk's ability to switch to either guard. People hate Kirk because he's not a superstar but he's very much like Marion Hossa on the Blackhawks, what he does for the team the coaches don't want to do without even if it doesn't show up on the stat sheet.

The 2 years sure but I think from how the team played after Deng was traded, when they look back not trading Loul years earlier was the bigger error.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Kirk Hinrich is the NBA equivalent of replacement level. He is as average as they come but has a great attitude. All in all I would keep DJ Augustine over him any day.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Carlos Boozer will not sell tickets in Philly, don't be an idiot.
Carlos is better than people give him credit for. He could still average 18-20 ppg and get 10 rebounds if Thibs was playing him normal minutes. A team like Philly could use a veteran player that can contribute and mentor their young team.

Liked Posts:
Carlos is better than people give him credit for. He could still average 18-20 ppg and get 10 rebounds if Thibs was playing him normal minutes. A team like Philly could use a veteran player that can contribute and mentor their young team.

No. Maybe 15 and 8 though.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
No. Maybe 15 and 8 though.
No, he gets 14 and 8 now playing only 28 mins. He would at least get his career average of 17 pts and 10 rebs if he was getting 32mins+ and on a team like Philly that would feature him 18-20ppg like I said.