Trading Boozer and Dunleavy

Liked Posts:
No, he gets 14 and 8 now playing only 28 mins. He would at least get his career average of 17 pts and 10 rebs if he was getting 32mins+ and on a team like Philly that would feature him 18-20ppg like I said.

Most teams aren't the Bulls. Most teams have more offense than a Rose-less Bulls teams. The Bulls, because of a lack if assertive scorers (to take away shots) is the best scenario for Boozer to score.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Carlos is better than people give him credit for. He could still average 18-20 ppg and get 10 rebounds if Thibs was playing him normal minutes. A team like Philly could use a veteran player that can contribute and mentor their young team.

Fans do not give a shit about Carlos fucking Boozer. And their FO is not trying to win now, why waste money on some mediocre journeyman?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Carlos is better than people give him credit for. He could still average 18-20 ppg and get 10 rebounds if Thibs was playing him normal minutes. A team like Philly could use a veteran player that can contribute and mentor their young team.

Lol no.

Reactions: BNB

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
As usual people ignore facts and just choose to believe whatever crap they can make up. Boozers career average is 17points and 10 rebounds but somehow its laughable that he would score 18 points and 10 rebounds playing for Phily. Ignorance is bliss so I wont ruin your happiness.

Philly has a ton of cap room and a bunch of injured players, they could use a player like Carlos but hey lets just argue for the sake of arguing, who needs logic and reason.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
As usual people ignore facts and just choose to believe whatever crap they can make up. Boozers career average is 17points and 10 rebounds but somehow its laughable that he would score 18 points and 10 rebounds playing for Phily. Ignorance is bliss so I wont ruin your happiness.

Philly has a ton of cap room and a bunch of injured players, they could use a player like Carlos but hey lets just argue for the sake of arguing, who needs logic and reason.

Boozer has some value as a bench player with a modest contract on a playoff team. He does nothing for a lottery team trying to rebuild at $10MM per or more. Why is this so difficult to see for so many people?

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Boozer has some value as a bench player with a modest contract on a playoff team. He does nothing for a lottery team trying to rebuild at $10MM per or more. Why is this so difficult to see for so many people?
The key is all teams have to spend a certain amount of money, teams with tons of cap space have to spend it so a guy with an expiring contract still has value. Philly is pissed about how the draft turned out for them and most people gave them a negative grade (not that it means a lot). Boozer is not worth $16M but if the Bulls add some draft picks and cash to the deal, Boozer can be moved.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
The key is all teams have to spend a certain amount of money, teams with tons of cap space have to spend it so a guy with an expiring contract still has value. Philly is pissed about how the draft turned out for them and most people gave them a negative grade (not that it means a lot). Boozer is not worth $16M but if the Bulls add some draft picks and cash to the deal, Boozer can be moved.

Who gives a shit what grades people give them? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they're trying to accomplish in Philly. The 76ers deserve credit for recognizing that you don't win championships with marginal players. You need superstars. They don't have any star players, and FAs aren't interested in Philly.

By flipping players and hoarding picks, they've acquired MCW, Noel, Imbiid, and most likely another lottery pick next year. They've potentially positioned themselves to be a contender 3 or 4 years down the road. Throwing money at marginal players like Boozer doesn't help a struggling franchise, and it certainly won't endear your fanbase.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

So? He's on the downslide of his career. So,uh, you would probably expect his numbers now to be lower than his career averages. Yea, he probably would have average 17 and 10 if he were playing 36 minutes a game, but he's never played that much in his entire career and that's with Rose out and Deng also leaving. Also, Carlos Boozer has been getting less minutes because of Taj Gibson, who has all but surpassed him at this point. I'm not arguing that Philly isn't a possible destination for Boozer, but I don't think Boozer is a 17 and 10 guy. He's only getting older and will be continuously regressing.

Just to Add: statistically, he's becoming less efficient(shot less than 50% FG last two season) because he's not the same player inside(due to his declining physical tools), so I think even with Philly's situation, it's not a wise idea to have Boozer as your main option for offense.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Who gives a shit what grades people give them? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what they're trying to accomplish in Philly. The 76ers deserve credit for recognizing that you don't win championships with marginal players. You need superstars. They don't have any star players, and FAs aren't interested in Philly.

By flipping players and hoarding picks, they've acquired MCW, Noel, Imbiid, and most likely another lottery pick next year. They've potentially positioned themselves to be a contender 3 or 4 years down the road. Throwing money at marginal players like Boozer doesn't help a struggling franchise, and it certainly won't endear your fanbase.
I already noted that grades aren't important, but that doesn't change the fact that for two years they have drafted players that can't contribute to a team that has been horrible. Noel is not a scorer, and Imbiid will miss the whole season. Boozer only has a 1 year contract so taking him for this year wouldn't hurt them in the future. Being a lottery team every year doesn't guarantee you will get good players. I can't disprove what you are saying but perception is often more important than reality. My point being people won't easily forgive and forget the team if it looks like all the team is doing is padding their pockets instead of trying to compete (ask Reinsdorf).

So? He's on the downslide of his career. So,uh, you would probably expect his numbers now to be lower than his career averages. Yea, he probably would have average 17 and 10 if he were playing 36 minutes a game, but he's never played that much in his entire career and that's with Rose out and Deng also leaving. Also, Carlos Boozer has been getting less minutes because of Taj Gibson, who has all but surpassed him at this point. I'm not arguing that Philly isn't a possible destination for Boozer, but I don't think Boozer is a 17 and 10 guy. He's only getting older and will be continuously regressing.

Just to Add: statistically, he's becoming less efficient(shot less than 50% FG last two season) because he's not the same player inside(due to his declining physical tools), so I think even with Philly's situation, it's not a wise idea to have Boozer as your main option for offense.
Age is a factor, so who knows for sure what he can do. Even if he put up the same numbers of 14 pts and 8 rebs again, he would still have value on a team with a bunch of young injured and unproven players.

I don't want to go back an forth too much, I just think people are extra hard on the guy because he never lived up to what we wanted or what we missed out on when he came here. He's been a good teamate, he's only 32, and he's been healthy so I think the Bulls can move him.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Age is a factor, so who knows for sure what he can do. Even if he put up the same numbers of 14 pts and 8 rebs again, he would still have value on a team with a bunch of young injured and unproven players.

I think he can be moved as well, and Philly could use Boozer because they would only have to deal with him for a year. He doesn't really impede any of their rebuilding plans.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I already noted that grades aren't important, but that doesn't change the fact that for two years they have drafted players that can't contribute to a team that has been horrible. Noel is not a scorer, and Imbiid will miss the whole season. Boozer only has a 1 year contract so taking him for this year wouldn't hurt them in the future. Being a lottery team every year doesn't guarantee you will get good players. I can't disprove what you are saying but perception is often more important than reality. My point being people won't easily forgive and forget the team if it looks like all the team is doing is padding their pockets instead of trying to compete (ask Reinsdorf).

I don't want to go back an forth too much, I just think people are extra hard on the guy because he never lived up to what we wanted or what we missed out on when he came here. He's been a good teamate, he's only 32, and he's been healthy so I think the Bulls can move him.

They're not trying to win games man, what are you dense?

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Chris Brussard claims the Knicks won't take Boozer in a S&T.

OK let's say that's true, would they want to have Steve Nash? Triangle guy, short deal not too much money.

The trade checker won't let you include Carmelo or Ronnie Brewer in a trade and the trade machine is recalculating I guess because it has no money listed, But using other players for the money

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6471309

The Bulls send Boozer to the Lakers and Ronnie Brewer's non guaranteed contract (using Dunleavy's $5 million on the trade checker) to the Knicks

The Lakers send Nash to the Knicks

The Knicks S&T Anthony to the Bulls for what Stoudemire makes

Phil gets Steve Nash to share time with Calderon and cuts Brewer. The Lakers get Boozer who is going to put in some effort in order to get another contract to at least put a respectable NBA player on the floor with Kobe.

And the Bulls can pay Melo more, keep Gibson, Butler and Dunleavy

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Knicks don't want like 50M coming off the books next year? Ok...what better option do they have?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
They're trying to work them in a trade involving Melo. I hate to say it, but I don't think we'll get Melo unless the Knicks take back Boozer or we can work out a 3 team trade. Melo learned going from Denver to NY that you gutting a roster to get somewhere will just start you back at square one. That's why he wants Taj on the team if he joins and I even heard he prefers that Jimmy also stay if he were to come over. If a S&T doesn't get done, I just think that's to much money to leave on the table. I can't really blame him either, 9 out of 10 people wouldn't take that big of a pay cut.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Knicks don't want like 50M coming off the books next year? Ok...what better option do they have?

I think they're just playing hard to get right now because they obviously want Melo to stay. It's known that they are going to go hard after FAs in the next class, regardless if Melo stays or leaves so I think it would be in their best interest to take Boozer and Dunleavy to help them free up a of space.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they're just playing hard to get right now because they obviously want Melo to stay. It's known that they are going to go hard after FAs in the next class, regardless if Melo stays or leaves so I think it would be in their best interest to take Boozer and Dunleavy to help them free up a of space.
Yeah it seems at this point, Melo would have to somehow force NY to agree to that S&T for it to go down. But perhaps once NY comes to terms with Melo leaving, they'll be reasonable. Assuming he does in fact leave.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Phil can bitch and moan all he wants, if players see that he tried to force Melo to take less money and wouldn't do a reasonable sign and trade he will pay for it in free agency. Even the Cav's did a sign and trade when Lebron left.

Liked Posts:
They're trying to work them in a trade involving Melo. I hate to say it, but I don't think we'll get Melo unless the Knicks take back Boozer or we can work out a 3 team trade. Melo learned going from Denver to NY that you gutting a roster to get somewhere will just start you back at square one. That's why he wants Taj on the team if he joins and I even heard he prefers that Jimmy also stay if he were to come over. If a S&T doesn't get done, I just think that's to much money to leave on the table. I can't really blame him either, 9 out of 10 people wouldn't take that big of a pay cut.

Can you think of a 3rd team?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Can you think of a 3rd team?

Maybe the Lakers? It helps them stay competitive and then next FA class they will be able to make a move for someone since his salary is off the books. I'm sure there's at least one team willing to take him since he has a big expiring deal.