Trading Boozer and Dunleavy

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
That's what ESPN says 'sources' say they're trying to do. Yeah no shit. But to who and for what?

Dunleavy maybe, one year only $5 million, somebody could take a backup and give the Bulls a 2nd. But unless there's another big contract to be in the deal, who is going to take Boozer's contract? Even in a 3 way trade with the Knicks what team could take Boozer and what would they have to give the Knicks? Because otherwise would the Knicks just take the 2 of them in a sign and trade?

If anybody can figure something out feel free.

Liked Posts:
I'll take gerunds for 200, Alex.

Liked Posts:
That's what ESPN says 'sources' say they're trying to do. Yeah no shit. But to who and for what?

Dunleavy maybe, one year only $5 million, somebody could take a backup and give the Bulls a 2nd. But unless there's another big contract to be in the deal, who is going to take Boozer's contract? Even in a 3 way trade with the Knicks what team could take Boozer and what would they have to give the Knicks? Because otherwise would the Knicks just take the 2 of them in a sign and trade?

If anybody can figure something out feel free.

Try to think of teams where the GM is on thin ice or teams that are looking for vets to nurse young players.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Cleveland comes to mind. Philly is another team is that very young.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Any team looking for cap room in 2015 and in need a a body for PF next season should take on Boozer. Who the hell that may be, I couldn't tell you.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I think Boozer could realistically go to Orlando, Utah, or Philly because they all have the cap space and could use him to show their fans they are trying to be competitive. Then there's Minnesota and the Knicks who are possible for sign and trades.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I think Boozer could realistically go to Orlando, Utah, or Philly because they all have the cap space and could use him to show their fans they are trying to be competitive. Then there's Minnesota and the Knicks who are possible for sign and trades.

Philly is not trying to be competitive, they're trying to rebuild. Philly fans are impatient and angst ridden, but they get it. Bad teams don't draft a Joel Imbiid unless they're trying to stockpile lottery picks and build for the future.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Philly is not trying to be competitive, they're trying to rebuild. Philly fans are impatient and angst ridden, but they get it. Bad teams don't draft a Joel Imbiid unless they're trying to stockpile lottery picks and build for the future.
Philly still has to sell tickets, they have to at least appear like they are trying to win and since they have the cap space they may as well spend it on someone. Boozer come on down.

Liked Posts:
What about the Lakers? I can't see Boozer being their first choice but guys don't want to go there. They have tons of cap room. And it may take some pressure off and help Randle.

Liked Posts:
Phoenix, Orlando, Detroit, Charlotte, and Milwaukee could be candidates.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Philly still has to sell tickets, they have to at least appear like they are trying to win and since they have the cap space they may as well spend it on someone. Boozer come on down.

Carlos Boozer will not sell tickets in Philly, don't be an idiot.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
Why would Cleveland come to mind for boozer? just to eat your cap space for you to get better and not make the Cavs better?

czman

Liked Posts:
Team with cap space would want Boozer if the Bulls gave a first round pick with it.

Bulls give 1st rounder + Boozer + up to 3 million

Bulls get trade exception.

I think there are a few teams that would do that.

I still think the Knicks would be willing to do a sign and trade and take Boozer if the Bulls give up 1 or 2 first round picks.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
Team with cap space would want Boozer if the Bulls gave a first round pick with it.

Bulls give 1st rounder + Boozer + up to 3 million

Bulls get trade exception.

I think there are a few teams that would do that.

I still think the Knicks would be willing to do a sign and trade and take Boozer if the Bulls give up 1 or 2 first round picks.

No entirely true, if word comes out the Bulls will get Melo and Rose is looking as good as he used too then why would a team take on 16 mil for a bottom 4 pick just to let the bulls get better?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think people remember the way he left Cleveland for Utah years ago...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 years in a long time not to post here.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2 years in a long time not to post here.

Has it been that long? I think it was a combo between moving, the constant pissing matches here and Miami being the center of the basketball universe that did it for me. What brought me back is the whole D-Rose not willing to recruit topic. I remember getting shredded to bits around here for saying Rose should recruit 4 years ago. I was interested in getting into some Bears talk but then I remembered the flock that game here after a certain board closed down. I'll stick to Bulls...

Hoping for a good Fa

czman

Liked Posts:
No entirely true, if word comes out the Bulls will get Melo and Rose is looking as good as he used too then why would a team take on 16 mil for a bottom 4 pick just to let the bulls get better?

Teams do that all the time. The Timberwolves took Beasley so the Heat could get James/Wade/Bosh.

The Timberwolves took players to make the Melo trade Happen.

Phil and Denver jumped in the Dwight Howard trade to send Howard to the Lakers.

Teams look out for themselves. If they can get better and get to the playoffs and make more money they do it. The truth is only a few teams are really trying to win a championship every year. A majority of teams are just trying to be good enough to sell out, make the playoffs, maybe win a few games or a round and not pay the tax.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
Teams do that all the time. The Timberwolves took Beasley so the Heat could get James/Wade/Bosh.

The Timberwolves took players to make the Melo trade Happen.

Phil and Denver jumped in the Dwight Howard trade to send Howard to the Lakers.

Teams look out for themselves. If they can get better and get to the playoffs and make more money they do it. The truth is only a few teams are really trying to win a championship every year. A majority of teams are just trying to be good enough to sell out, make the playoffs, maybe win a few games or a round and not pay the tax.

Teams that need cap space in the next year or 2, and they do it during the season. not in the off-season and teams that have a ton of cap room. what teams do you think will do that trade? certinley no teams in the east, already going to be tough to win the east if the big 3 stay in Miami.

Liked Posts:
Boozer should still generate some interest....we're a very tough fan base and never really embraced Carlos ......and Mdj can shoot and is a good guy ...there's gotta be some team to take him....hell, for melo I'd give up buckets too and sign some garbage to take over at the 2 unless/until snell really turns it up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk