IST: Chicago Cubs (34-46) at Boston Red Sox (38-44) (June 30-July 2)

How many games do the Cubs win?

• 3...Boston sucks

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 2...It could happen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1...The Cubs are shitty

• 0...The Red Sox are wicked harcore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Cubs kicking as on last years WS champions.
We only need a couple key acquisitions at the deadline to be in on it!!!!!!!!!!

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
Lmao... I looked at the IST thread for sox angels and there was only 3 posts for entire series..

Why concern yourself with what the Sox are doing, when the Cubs are so close to respectability?

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Why concern yourself with what the Sox are doing, when the Cubs are so close to respectability?

He's got a point, bears... leave the obsessing over the other Chicago baseball team to the Sox fans... :)

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Announcers are getting me even more excited for the future

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
He's got a point, bears... leave the obsessing over the other Chicago baseball team to the Sox fans... :)

Not quite sure what you mean, but it seems like the Cubs apparently can kick some ass........ unless it's time to not kick ass.

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
You think after kicking the Red Sox ass, the players want to be pawns?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I dont know why. I know this team is not to good, but I fucking love watching them. It can be so frustrating, but yet so great when they just play good ball. Castro and Rizzo make me want to see what they are doing. I can see the future boys. The cavalry is on the way soon. I fucking believe! Rizzo going to win us a championship just like this! I believe that we will win!

[video=youtube;i94ldGNNSQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i94ldGNNSQ0[/video]

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like to think the Cubs locker room is like this! Or maybe I just really miss football right now!

[video=youtube;M66CWwlrp_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M66CWwlrp_c[/video]

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Man, I dont know why. I know this team is not to good, but I fucking love watching them. It can be so frustrating, but yet so great when they just play good ball. Castro and Rizzo make me want to see what they are doing. I can see the future boys. The cavalry is on the way soon. I fucking believe! Rizzo going to win us a championship just like this! I believe that we will win!

I think you nailed it mentioning Rizzo. I thought he would bounce back some, but he has really dialed it up.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:

I think Anthony Rizzo will win an MVP award within the next 2-3 seasons, with Kris Bryant winning the following year. I thought of Rizzo as an all star first baseman with the potential to be an MVP after his rookie season. I'm going to stick with that. I think Starlin Castro will get back up to .300 and consistently be an all star.

It seems like both Rizzo and Castro are EXTREMELY under appreciated. All the talk is either about how the minor league prospects are "already better" than them or how Castro isn't a good fielder (I don't think Castro is bad like some make him out to be.)

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Anthony Rizzo will win an MVP award within the next 2-3 seasons, with Kris Bryant winning the following year. I thought of Rizzo as an all star first baseman with the potential to be an MVP after his rookie season. I'm going to stick with that. I think Starlin Castro will get back up to .300 and consistently be an all star.

It seems like both Rizzo and Castro are EXTREMELY under appreciated. All the talk is either about how the minor league prospects are "already better" than them or how Castro isn't a good fielder (I don't think Castro is bad like some make him out to be.)

IDK about MVP, but we'll see.

I'm really glad that you brought up Castro's D. I was looking at it the other day and I think it's interesting, to say the least.

His UZR this year is -5.3. He's having his best errors season at just -1.2, but his worst range season at -4.4. Based off of what I've seen, I think his range appears better. But, luckily I don't have to trust my eyes, as we have stats! Inside Edge Fielding breaks down balls into six categories: Routine, Likely, Even, Unlikely, Remote, and Impossible. Routine balls are ones that should be made 90% or more of the time. Castro is at 96%, right around where he's been since 2012 when the data starts. The next is Likely balls, which is 60-90%. Castro has been at 84% this year, like 2012. In 2013 he was at 64%. He is at his lowest(41%) for Even(40-60%), but his highest22% for Unlikely(10-40%).

Basically Castro has been very close in terms of range according to this as 2012 Castro, in which his Range rating was 7.7, so I don't understand why he has a -4.4.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
IDK about MVP, but we'll see.

I'm really glad that you brought up Castro's D. I was looking at it the other day and I think it's interesting, to say the least.

His UZR this year is -5.3. He's having his best errors season at just -1.2, but his worst range season at -4.4. Based off of what I've seen, I think his range appears better. But, luckily I don't have to trust my eyes, as we have stats! Inside Edge Fielding breaks down balls into six categories: Routine, Likely, Even, Unlikely, Remote, and Impossible. Routine balls are ones that should be made 90% or more of the time. Castro is at 96%, right around where he's been since 2012 when the data starts. The next is Likely balls, which is 60-90%. Castro has been at 84% this year, like 2012. In 2013 he was at 64%. He is at his lowest(41%) for Even(40-60%), but his highest22% for Unlikely(10-40%).

Basically Castro has been very close in terms of range according to this as 2012 Castro, in which his Range rating was 7.7, so I don't understand why he has a -4.4.

I'm surprised that it's his worst season range wise. I think he has some of the best range compared to other shortstops. He makes up for his errors by making plays that most shortstops can't.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Detailed defensive stats are imperfect as they still have subjectivity involved. Offensive stats? Not so much.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Castro needs a nutritionist and a wight training / workout program.

He needs to look less like young Edgar Renteria and more like Derek Jeter.