As an Aussie Bulls fan, I'm excited about Bairstow...

poido123

Liked Posts:
Automatic from just inside the 3, very crafty post moves around the basket, has a really good work ethic, has a hook shot in his arsenal, really good combination of footwork and body control when posting up whether trying to create space for a jumpshot or get to the rack. Has a good turnaround jumper and fadeaway. Likes to use his solid frame to bang into the basket a.l.a Carmelo. Works hard in and around the rim, always looking for putbacks.

Has good shot blocking instincts, very, very good second round pick. I can see McDermott and Bairstow making big impacts on this Bulls team.

Our talent scouts are some of the best in the league. We just have trouble signing good free agents :nope:

On top of that, we essentially replaced Boozer for a fraction of the cost. Better defender and more weapons in his offensive arsenal than Boozer.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should've drafted Cleveland Melvin though...Front office whiffed on that :(

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that our 2nd round pick? I was wondering if we even had one...

poido123

Liked Posts:
Is that our 2nd round pick? I was wondering if we even had one...

:obama: :rofl:

Indeed we did.

This aussie got game too :D

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
On top of that, we essentially replaced Boozer for a fraction of the cost.

Does Baristow alert his teammates on when to 'grab dat shit'?

I must know, because this seems to be what Boozer will be missed the most for. Without Carlos, we won't know when to grab dat shit.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I'm tempted to call him Bairstow the Bold. Any other GoT fans out there? No? Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I must know, because this seems to be what Boozer will be missed the most for. Without Carlos, we won't know when to grab dat shit.
HEY! GRAB DAT JO!

poido123

Liked Posts:

:rimshot:

If for nothing else, I'm glad that we drafted really well this year. I really think these two players will help the Bulls significantly, plus the arrival of Mirotic.

If we miss on Melo, I hear we are going after parsons?

Liked Posts:
Is he going to be with the Bulls right away?

poido123

Liked Posts:
Is he going to be with the Bulls right away?

Apparently he will need to prove himself in the summer league to be selected in the final squad. So the answer at this stage is maybe.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Even if he makes it. He won't play. Did that 3PT shooter white guy from Florida ever play last year? And if Mirotic comes over he will never play.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Nice seeing the activity really pick up on this board.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Automatic from just inside the 3, very crafty post moves around the basket, has a really good work ethic, has a hook shot in his arsenal, really good combination of footwork and body control when posting up whether trying to create space for a jumpshot or get to the rack. Has a good turnaround jumper and fadeaway. Likes to use his solid frame to bang into the basket a.l.a Carmelo. Works hard in and around the rim, always looking for putbacks.

Has good shot blocking instincts, very, very good second round pick. I can see McDermott and Bairstow making big impacts on this Bulls team.

Our talent scouts are some of the best in the league. We just have trouble signing good free agents :nope:

On top of that, we essentially replaced Boozer for a fraction of the cost. Better defender and more weapons in his offensive arsenal than Boozer.

Nice post, I agree, and hope he can stick. The kid has a real body banging style of play that'll give some people some trouble, imo. I think he could fit Thibs style well on defense, but he's a legit scorer as well. He'd be the best scoring b/u big we've had in a while.

The Bulls need some toughness, and I hope he can be the enforcer I've been wanting on the Bulls for a while now. I think he can be a similar player as Boozer as a b/u. I like the pick and am rooting for this kid!

poido123

Liked Posts:
Nice post, I agree, and hope he can stick. The kid has a real body banging style of play that'll give some people some trouble, imo. I think he could fit Thibs style well on defense, but he's a legit scorer as well. He'd be the best scoring b/u big we've had in a while.

The Bulls need some toughness, and I hope he can be the enforcer I've been wanting on the Bulls for a while now. I think he can be a similar player as Boozer as a b/u. I like the pick and am rooting for this kid!

Australians are known to have that toughness and willingness to play defense. Barstow has an nba ready body which certainly helps his chances of playing on the bulls as a rookie.

He's a real hard worker, pax and thibs will really like this guy, he is a bulls type player.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If they get Gasol and keep Gibson, it's unlikely he'd get in a game unless the lead goes past 30. He might be better served starting the year in the D league where he could play a full schedule. I don't know how much he would develop practicing but sitting on the end of the bench for games.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
If they get Gasol and keep Gibson, it's unlikely he'd get in a game unless the lead goes past 30. He might be better served starting the year in the D league where he could play a full schedule. I don't know how much he would develop practicing but sitting on the end of the bench for games.

This was almost two weeks ago we were talking about this. Now Gasol is in the picture, it'll be tight for the Aussie. But the Bulls will have to fill the roster up after hopefully two S & T's. But as a 2nd rounder, he'll be a cheap body banger. This could help the Bulls, imo. I would have loved seeing him come in and bang Washington around a little when they were beating us up.