Breaking: Blackhawks Re Sign Regin

nick.santangelo.9

Liked Posts:
True.

I think the more important aspect of sorting out the Top 6 is that it will also help sort out the Bottom 6. I think that's where the Hawks got outplayed the most: by the other team's 3rd and 4th lines.

They need to find out if Bickell is going to be a top six or not. If he is you could have Saad or even Sharp on the third line.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
They need to find out if Bickell is going to be a top six or not. If he is you could have Saad or even Sharp on the third line.

A third line of Saad-Regin-Shaw sounds pretty damn good to me. Saad and Shaw would be an outstanding forechecking duo. That leaves your 4th line as Morin-Kruger-Smith, another really good forechecking line.

Put Bickell back with Toews and Kane on the top line and get him going again in the regular season.

nick.santangelo.9

Liked Posts:
Per Chris Kuc
While we're talking to Peter Regin, @DarrenDreger reports Brad Richards is headed to #Blackhawks.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not surprised that they didn't go big, given the Cap restrictions. The only salary dump players I could see them losing were guys that, for various reasons, nobody else would want. I'm glad they're keeping things like they are. Everyone is afraid that the conference is getting better while the Hawks are being stagnant, but it's not a lock that these players that the Ducks or the Blues have added guarantees either team will be better. We've seen this before. Hawks fans standing on the ledge because Pittsburgh traded for Iginla or when Boston signed him or when the Blues traded the house for Miller....it's not always gonna work out like LA and Gaborik, actually the majority of times there are failures. The Hawks are basically a home grown team with a few exceptions, it's a tried and true way to build a team, a franchise.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Not surprised that they didn't go big, given the Cap restrictions. The only salary dump players I could see them losing were guys that, for various reasons, nobody else would want. I'm glad they're keeping things like they are. Everyone is afraid that the conference is getting better while the Hawks are being stagnant, but it's not a lock that these players that the Ducks or the Blues have added guarantees either team will be better. We've seen this before. Hawks fans standing on the ledge because Pittsburgh traded for Iginla or when Boston signed him or when the Blues traded the house for Miller....it's not always gonna work out like LA and Gaborik, actually the majority of times there are failures. The Hawks are basically a home grown team with a few exceptions, it's a tried and true way to build a team, a franchise.

/thread

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

So you're saying we should trade Toews for Mike Richards now?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you're saying we should trade Toews for Mike Richards now?

No, but I am saying that your brain should be donated to science.............

science fiction :rolling:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It means "end thread" because no one is going to say it better than you did.

(Not actually going to end said thread, just that your comment was thread-ending-worthy)

[Edit] And I accidentally clicked to edit your post instead of posting my own, which was my mistake.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It means "end thread" because no one is going to say it better than you did.

(Not actually going to end said thread, just that your comment was thread-ending-worthy)

[Edit] And I accidentally clicked to edit your post instead of posting my own, which was my mistake.

Ok, thanks. I'm looking at it and thinking, I must be losing it....now I'm answering my own questions.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True.

I think the more important aspect of sorting out the Top 6 is that it will also help sort out the Bottom 6. I think that's where the Hawks got outplayed the most: by the other team's 3rd and 4th lines.

I find it funny they kept choosing Bollig in the playoffs, but now in the off-season management said....nah. Q you don't get to choose anymore buddy.