BREAKING: Blackhawks sign Brad Richards

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Remove just rozi or steeger and it's fantastico for the price.

And stated above, won't just be brookbank if signed on the bottom pairing, Runblad has to be expected to play. If that fails trade him or dump him and a Rockfordy Dalhbeck or Johns comes up

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the deal will look even better if sharp is not dealt.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So can we finally stop bitching about 2C?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I always hear this guys name. Hockey noob, gimme the goods and not so goods.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Have to be careful with highlight reel videos...for some reason, they don't tend to show the bad...hmmm. Especially ones where he is on the Stars/Lightning which was a little bit ago. That being said, still a very solid signing and a lot to look forward to, just have to be wary of highlight reels.

Generally speaking...
The bad - defensive zone isn't great and he has lost a step or two
The good - playmaker with smooth hands, plays the point on the powerplay

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

You don't need to look much farther than Richard's stat page to see the goods.

http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/r/richabr01.html

Last year was his first season not reaching the 60-point plateau (lockout-shortened season not included). He was the prize of the free agent class in the summer of 2011 and the Rangers threw a silly amount of money at him--money they still owe him thanks to a buyout.

But Richards had a brutal postseason for the Rangers during their run to the Cup final, which resulted in him being demoted to the 4th line by the end of it. He turned 34 in May and there's certainly no guarantee that he's going to return to that form in Chicago.

For a one-year deal worth just $2 million, that's a risk certainly worth taking. Richards was an All-Star in his peak years and if even gets close to that level in the next season the Hawks could very well be the best team in a loaded Western Conference.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

there are a lot of pros to the deal and some cons.

pros: vet with experience, playmaker which is really needed when on a line with kane. his point shares are decent as well, a bit more balanced than some guys. OPS is a 3.7 and DPS is a 1.6. his contract is very good. 2 million for a year is a steal. note* his numbers will probably go up slightly with the caliber of players he is surrounded by.

cons: age of course but he still is much better than some of the other "older" guys we have signed in the past that fans loved for some reason. with his 2 mil we are pretty fucked with the cap. if by some chance sharp gets dealt than this deal looks real bad, if sharp is able to stay than we will be running 4 strong lines out every night. he did have hip surgery as well in 2010.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk