Bowman On Richards, TT

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"having veteran center brad richards means team doesnt have to rush top prospect TT"

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are they ever going to let TT play? Christ!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
There is nothing wrong with TT getting some time in the AHL if it is needed. Maybe it is 10 games, half a season, or a full season. There is no reason to rush him. If he is ready, if he is needed, if there is a position for him, if there is cap room for him, etc...then he will be with the Blackhawks. I am sure he will get a look when camp and preseason starts. He has a bright future, no reason to rush it.

Svic

Liked Posts:
He could also be the a winger candidate. Which I doubt so but no reason not to see if he can do it.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He could also be the a winger candidate. Which I doubt so but no reason not to see if he can do it.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

I think his play will dictate that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After viewing this clip, I've learned that he is more skilled than I thought. I've only seen him in small samples but I'm kinda surprised the Rangers let him walk and equally surprised that he disappointed in NY. Just watching this highlight reel tells me he can fill multiple trouble spots for the Hawks. He appears to be rather good on breakaways....Shootout Spot #3. Looks like he might be a decent pointman on the PP...Hawks will take any help they can get on the PP. Then of course, his regular shift.....he does need to bump up his faceoffs though.

[video=youtube;EiZOlEaC4VA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiZOlEaC4VA[/video]

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
After viewing this clip, I've learned that he is more skilled than I thought. I've only seen him in small samples but I'm kinda surprised the Rangers let him walk and equally surprised that he disappointed in NY. Just watching this highlight reel tells me he can fill multiple trouble spots for the Hawks. He appears to be rather good on breakaways....Shootout Spot #3. Looks like he might be a decent pointman on the PP...Hawks will take any help they can get on the PP. Then of course, his regular shift.....he does need to bump up his faceoffs though.

[video=youtube;EiZOlEaC4VA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiZOlEaC4VA[/video]

They let him walk to avoid major cap recapture penalties. The longer they would have waited, the more dead space it would be while until his contract would have naturally expired.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Thing is - none of that montage was during Richards' time with the Rangers (last 2 seasons?) - Hawks signed a guy - Bob MacMillan for the 1983-84 season - he scored 50 goals once -once...

also Hawks signed John Tonelli - who had been fairly effective before joining the Hawks but wasn't once he got there - and I am not saying that I don't like the signing - it looks pretty good -although I hope it turns out that way ... however sometimes it doesn't always happen that way.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Thing is - none of that montage was during Richards' time with the Rangers (last 2 seasons?) - Hawks signed a guy - Bob MacMillan for the 1983-84 season - he scored 50 goals once -once...

also Hawks signed John Tonelli - who had been fairly effective before joining the Hawks but wasn't once he got there - and I am not saying that I don't like the signing - it looks pretty good -although I hope it turns out that way ... however sometimes it doesn't always happen that way.

he had 20 goals last year and 31 assists and he is also 3 years younger than handzus and he actually has legs that he uses to skate. I'll take it. Teuvo needs practice in AHL either at wing or center. He needs to force the hawks to bring him up.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Yeah well I understand all that -but my point was that in the montage he was 2 years at least younger than (and in the case of the TB highlights younger still) he is now.

He also was what -8? I think that is right - I don't know that the NYR were that bad overall, defensively.

I understand why he was available, I understand that you go for it in Bowman's place. I did not mention Terravainen because at this point Teuvo has not proved anything at NHL level. It remains to be seen if he will, still.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think anyone is expecting him to be the next Denis Savard....more of a filler till something better (TT?) comes along. The spots in the video I saw where he could help, do not require him to set any on ice skating records. He looks like he might be good in Shootouts....Hawks were awful in those last year. And I like how he looked as a point on the PP and we all know how annoying the Hawk PP has been.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
What I wonder about though - is if NHL teams have to put together presentations for prospective UFA signees like the NBA teams are doing (and I do find it a bit hilarious -as well as pathetic at the same time), or hopefully they just get on with things and do it.

The power play has blown since at least the 80's -so that is really nothing new unfortunately (it is if Madison Street is sort of like the Bermuda Triangle where otherwise decent players go to lose their ability to perform when up at least a player on the ice). . .

Same thing for the shootout (apart from the 80's naturally) ... where guys who can ordinarily score on breakaways go to lose their ability to score when faced with a series of penalty shots. . .

Mind you don't get the idea that I am saying anything other than: It is what it is ...

Edited: although I had the unfortunate opportunity to look up Tonelli's stats: his stats fell off a cliff when the Hawks signed him (amazingly the Nords traded for him later that same season). . . and, he was 34 that year as well. Hoping that this doesn't turn out that way is all.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I wonder about though - is if NHL teams have to put together presentations for prospective UFA signees like the NBA teams are doing (and I do find it a bit hilarious -as well as pathetic at the same time), or hopefully they just get on with things and do it.

The power play has blown since at least the 80's -so that is really nothing new unfortunately (it is if Madison Street is sort of like the Bermuda Triangle where otherwise decent players go to lose their ability to perform when up at least a player on the ice). . .

Same thing for the shootout (apart from the 80's naturally) ... where guys who can ordinarily score on breakaways go to lose their ability to score when faced with a series of penalty shots. . .

Mind you don't get the idea that I am saying anything other than: It is what it is ...

Edited: although I had the unfortunate opportunity to look up Tonelli's stats: his stats fell off a cliff when the Hawks signed him (amazingly the Nords traded for him later that same season). . . and, he was 34 that year as well. Hoping that this doesn't turn out that way is all.

Ironically, there were multiple teams that came to Richards's agency for presentations/pitches when he was UFA a couple years ago. Courting definitely happens.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Man .... I am behind the times ... still - I guess it must have been the absence of a special announcement of a decision on ESPN - maybe that was how I missed it all :D.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ironically, there were multiple teams that came to Richards's agency for presentations/pitches when he was UFA a couple years ago. Courting definitely happens.

seems legit. I wouldn't mind working TT in at wing more with the ability to win faceoffs when asked. Perhaps this is what put Sharp on the shopping list.

Also...TT should do some 4th lining and earn his spot, imo