Hahaha.. Heat miss their 2 top FA targets..

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Gortat resigned with the Wizards and Lowry will not meet with the Heat. I guess offering great players chump change doesn't always work. Eat Shit Riley.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lowry won't even meet with them?

My guess is that after averaging a career high 18 PPG last season, he's not interested in being the 4th option and watch his production tank.

But yeah... Gortat gone, and if Lowry doesn't sign there, Miami could be in trouble.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Lowry won't even meet with them?

My guess is that after averaging a career high 18 PPG last season, he's not interested in being the 4th option and watch his production tank.

But yeah... Gortat gone, and if Lowry doesn't sign there, Miami could be in trouble.

Windhorst said Lowry isn't meeting with the Heat. He's got better offers elsewhere...

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Gortat probably got the money he wanted. Lowery probably rejected the chance to make far less in his prime for the chance to win as the fourth option. But there is some talk that James supposedly would sign a 1 year deal, I guess to see how the rebuilt roster does, then either resign or leave. So how is that supposed to be attractive to Lowery, sign with the Heat and Lebron then is something negative happens he bolts and you're stuck hoping they replace him. And now that I think about it, that one year thing just makes James look like he's chasing Jordan because that's what Michael did his last three years, sign the huge one year deal.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bosh is aiming for 5 years/ 90 million That's still a pay cut for him, but not the pay cut the Heat want.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But they still got Melo

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Expect the Heat to go hard after Pau Gasol now, possibly offering him the majority of that $12 mill cap space Riley has been given the ok to spend by LeBron.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'm not even sure Gasol is an upgrade over the Birdman at this point.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
12M is a hefty price for an old Pau. He gives him a boost in their frontcourt for sure, but he's not helping them defensively at all. Still, it's a big body and a skilled low post finisher so the fit is there.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Considering the washed up collection of has-beens sitting on Miami's bench in street clothes, Gasol fits right in.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Bosh is aiming for 5 years/ 90 million That's still a pay cut for him, but not the pay cut the Heat want.

Where are you hearing this? Last I heard, Wade was going to come in somewhere around 12M a year with Bosh at 11M. And then the Heat would get nearly 12M in cap space. If Bosh gets 16 a year, the Heat aren't going to have the room they need.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where are you hearing this? Last I heard, Wade was going to come in somewhere around 12M a year with Bosh at 11M. And then the Heat would get nearly 12M in cap space. If Bosh gets 16 a year, the Heat aren't going to have the room they need.
Actually, I just read a yahoo article saying that Lebron can get the max, Bosh and Wade could get 14M each and somehow the Heat would still have 12M in cap left. :shrug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Actually, I just read a yahoo article saying that Lebron can get the max, Bosh and Wade could get 14M each and somehow the Heat would still have 12M in cap left. :shrug:

They must be factoring in the cap raising by $5mill because according to my math, I do suck at math though, they would only really have $7mill to spend not $12mill if those are the contracts the big 3 get.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

You know I gotta say. Riley is generally a smart guy. But if he gives Wade 14M a year, he's a fucking idiot.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I read that their interest is and always has been stronger in Ariza than Lowry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I wonder if a guy like Ariza or Gasol would sign with the Heat before knowing if Lebron is going to sign, and vice versa. Will be sort of interesting to see what happens first. If Lebron isn't in Miami the Heat are a middle of the road team in an awful Eastern Conference

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:

5 years/90 million would be $18 million/year.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
I wonder if a guy like Ariza or Gasol would sign with the Heat before knowing if Lebron is going to sign, and vice versa. Will be sort of interesting to see what happens first. If Lebron isn't in Miami the Heat are a middle of the road team in an awful Eastern Conference

LeBron, Wade, & Bosh are all resigning with the Heat. Bosh is on vacation for like the next month! I have NEVER seen a player opt out of a contract and then go on vacation. None of them are going anywhere. Why teams would want to waste their time chasing the pipe dream of getting LeBron is beyond me. Lots of good FA's are already being snatched up while these teams wait to hear back from his agent.