Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Carmelo-Anthony.jpg

Even as a faithful critic of Bulls management and ownership, I can give credit to them when its due.
No matter what decision Carmelo makes I am proud of how the team and city was represented. Based on everything I've read, the Bulls did a great job and knocked it out of the park.

Extra special props to the Reinsdorfs as well for being there and going out to dinner as well.

Well Done!

:bullbang:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i wish i could fast forward to his decision already

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
From all the reports about what they got up too, it sounds like they pull out all the stops. Well done Bulls front office.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
IMO if Melo wants to be a bull his decision is likely already made. Now it's due diligence with these other meetings.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
They have always done a great job of selling the bulls to fa only difference this time players got involved

The only reason why players don't sign here is cause a reputation built by Jordan that the team is cheap

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
If he was so impressed by seeing his picture all around the building to sign he's an idiot. What matters is what the conversation was with Thibs, Reinsdorf and the players. And nobody knows how that went.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idk...it seemed like they just did what any other team would do in terms of presentation. The fact that all these people showed up helps though. If what was being said about Rose having a private workout for Melo to see is true, that's potentially huge.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Yeah, they did an incredible job of presenting their pitch to Melo. In every facet of the process. I'm proud of this attempt & can only pray it works out in our team's advantage. Something's got to give after the numerous times they've come up short. Happy about what they did yesterday either way.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I sure SP94 would still find a way to rip Garpax still. With that being said, I feel confident and excited and it's all on Melo. We still have options but I feel he gives us the best shot.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I sure SP94 would still find a way to rip Garpax still. With that being said, I feel confident and excited and it's all on Melo. We still have options but I feel he gives us the best shot.
I'm not SP94, but I'm sure my next GarPax post won't be so nice if they don't have a good back up plan if Melo doesn't sign. We all knew going in that he is still a longshot so I expect more than McBuckets if Melo makes the wrong choice.

Liked Posts:
My goodness. You're making Chicago seem like some try hard small town. This makes it look sad and pathetic.

Also, this is about results. This summer is a referendum on the front office. It's vey binary in that regard. There are no points for trying hard. They either succeed or fail.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They have always done a great job of selling the bulls to fa only difference this time players got involved

The only reason why players don't sign here is cause a reputation built by Jordan that the team is cheap

So they dont discuss #s at any point of the meeting process?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My goodness. You're making Chicago seem like some try hard small town. This makes it look sad and pathetic.

Also, this is about results. This summer is a referendum on the front office. It's vey binary in that regard. There are no points for trying hard. They either succeed or fail.

Thank you, Yoda

Celks

Liked Posts:

There are still plenty of reasons to rip on GarPax. Melo is just another piece added to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
It has always been between us and NY. He's visiting Houston because he respects McHale, who reached out to him. He's visiting Dallas out of respect for Cuban & Dirk, and going to LA as a favor to Kobe. The fact that he did lots of research on the city & former players under Thibs months ahead of time, spent nearly 2 days in the city, met with our "core" group, & had a long dinner with all of them is an obvious sign that he's VERY interested in playing here. Now it's just a matter of what is Phil going to pitch to him and will he trust him to right the ship in the next season or two. NY media has been reporting the Knicks don't want any part of Boozer in a S&T if that happens, which I believe it almost certainly will if Melo decides to join the Bulls, so we'll see what shakes down a week from now.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Idk...it seemed like they just did what any other team would do in terms of presentation. The fact that all these people showed up helps though. If what was being said about Rose having a private workout for Melo to see is true, that's potentially huge.

Considering how poorly they have handled recent attempts at signing free agents, I'm happy to at least see a competent sales job. Chicago isn't a try hard town but the Bulls have often operated like a small town franchise (Like Jerry's other team the White Sox).

Players have always talked to each other and now that its even more in vogue it's good that the Bulls brought them in to help. I agree that results are all that matter in the big picture so this is just a piece of the puzzle.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Considering how poorly they have handled recent attempts at signing free agents

Examples, please.

And why are they getting props for basic things you do for today's premier free agents? Here's some pictures of you in our jerseys, here's our facility, here's a menu, order whatever the hell you'd like...Like clone mentioned, the important stuff is what was discussed. We see the candy coated outside and all of that is great but all it takes is one stupid comment or answer for Melo to say no. and at the end of the day, this could all be for show on Melos part, as was the big 3s meetings 4 years ago.

The unfortunate thing about all of this is that everyone is gonna tear the front office apart for missing out on Melo, when chances are he wasn't coming to Chicago in the first place.