Bulls visiting Gasol in LA

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Apparently the Bulls can get Melo and Gasol if the Knicks agree to a S&T...I would say that Gasol is willing to take a pay cut at this point in his career to play for a contender.

Bulls are going all in on their master plan.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Gasol would be a luxury, not a necessity for the Bulls. Just adding Melo and a healthy Rose should make them NBA Finals favorites ahead of Miami.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Latest rumor is Gasol might be an option for the Bulls with or without Melo. I also read the Bulls won't spend the money to buy Mirotic out of his contract in Spain if they sign Melo. They'd rather use the money elsewhere and wait for Mirotic to become available next year.
If they dont get Melo/Love, it would be stupid to leave Mirotic over in Spain if he's finally ready to come. I can't think of one good reason to do something like that.

Edit: Unless its to save money and operate like the cheap organization we all know that they aren't. :shifty:

Svic

Liked Posts:
Bulls are in LA on the same day Melo is in LA. Put on your aluminum hats people. Conspiracy?
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the interest in Gasol, especially if he is plan B...

Amnesty one old, injury prone player who doesn't play defense for another who is actually older? Better keeping Boozer, riding out his contract or trading it at the deadline.

If the Bulls miss out on Melo and don't get Love it is a failed off-season.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looks like Gasol is gonna interview with the Heat. Like i said, Gasol, Melo, Lebron, Wade, Bosh

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
@ESPNSteinLine: Joakim Noah and the Bulls were in LA to court Pau Gasol today. Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra are up next. Yesterday it was KD and Westbrook

Toast88

Liked Posts:
@ESPNSteinLine: Joakim Noah and the Bulls were in LA to court Pau Gasol today. Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra are up next. Yesterday it was KD and Westbrook

Noah's such a beast of a player and person. He's exactly what you need him to be whenever you need it. Always seems to do the right thing and act in the best interests of the team. I can't help but feel we're really lucky to have him.

I think the moment I realized this was after LeBron chose Miami, and a bunch of reporters stuck their mics in Noah's face. He just kind of smiled and basically said, "Yeah, sounds like it's going to be fun for them. It's going to be really Hollywood down there."

It was the perfect coded rat fuck against the Heat. Now, the Heat got the last laugh and two championships, but still...

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Noah's such a beast of a player and person. He's exactly what you need him to be whenever you need it. Always seems to do the right thing and act in the best interests of the team. I can't help but feel we're really lucky to have him.

I think the moment I realized this was after LeBron chose Miami, and a bunch of reporters stuck their mics in Noah's face. He just kind of smiled and basically said, "Yeah, sounds like it's going to be fun for them. It's going to be really Hollywood down there."

It was the perfect coded rat fuck against the Heat. Now, the Heat got the last laugh and two championships, but still...
Yup, the Bulls are clearly Noah's team.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'd rather see the Bulls go after Chris Bosh than Gasol. Bosh is underappreciated in Miami and could come here for less than a max contract.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd rather see the Bulls go after Chris Bosh than Gasol. Bosh is underappreciated in Miami and could come here for less than a max contract.
For what the Bulls have to offer, he's not leaving Miami.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
For what the Bulls have to offer, he's not leaving Miami.
Since when did Taj become untradeable? The Bulls can get close to a max offer together by getting rid of Boozer, Taj, MDJ, etc.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Exactly, so if the damn Bulls were smart they would be trying to set up meetings with Bosh now just to get a jump in case LeBron does leave the Heat.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Prediction is that the Bulls will end up completely overpaying for Gasol meaning they will never be able to trade him. So in 3 or 4 years when some big names become FA, once again the Bulls FO will offer them a deal like the one they're trying to give Melo and again, they will miss.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
UPDATE:

We're in the lead :kermit:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 38s Spurs staying diligent on free agent Pau Gasol, but Bulls and Thunder -- with Lakers lurking -- lead the way, sources tell Yahoo.