Bulls visiting Gasol in LA

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Indication that they're not confident in Melo being on board? Or just talking to other FA's just in case? As you could imagine, there is some(mostly baseless) speculation on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
missing out on melo then signing gasol is just a punch in the gut

i rather go all or nothing for Kevin Love

Liked Posts:
Why bother? #notworth10million

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Indication that they're not confident in Melo being on board? Or just talking to other FA's just in case? As you could imagine, there is some(mostly baseless) speculation on Twitter.

I have heard it was possible that if they could get Melo if he signs for less then Gasol may be willing to play for MLE.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I have heard it was possible that if they could get Melo if he signs for less then Gasol may be willing to play for MLE.

I heard something similar. Honestly, if Gasol is their #1 target if Melo signs elsewhere, I'm going to puke. No disrespect to Pau, but the dude's older than dirt.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I heard plan B if no Melo is they sweeten the trade offer for Love

UICJohn

Liked Posts:
If they do end the offseason with Pau Gasol as their free agent "prize" then it is a wasted offseason.

Granted, as was pointed out in the thread, this is all just speculation but if Carmelo does indeed return to the NYK it means that winning is not his top priority. Nothing the Bulls could do about that and can't blame them for losing out on him then. However, need a better Plan B than Pau Gasol. He's old, nowhere near the player he was 5 years ago, and if we are going to be cutting Carlos Boozer then I know most Bulls fans want to see Taj in that starting role.

Again, all speculation, but not nearly as positive about our chances at Carmelo than I was 24 hours ago.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
missing out on melo then signing gasol is just a punch in the gut

i rather go all or nothing for Kevin Love

I don't get Gasol...how different is he than what you already have? If they don't get Melo, stand pat, hope Rose semi-returns to form, get Mirotic over, and you have a legitimate shot and the Conference title. Then you take a puncher's chance in the Finals, let Boozer come off the books, and make a realistic attempt at Love next summer. I don't follow the NBA close enough to know the ins and outs of the CBA...but if you amnesty Boozer and sign Pau to some 3-4y deal at 10-12m per...that really fucks you for FA's (Love) next summer, correct?

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Well if Gasol is willing to sign for the MLE then this is a no-brainer but I don't think he would just sign for the MLE

Liked Posts:
They better be meeting with this shrek looking dinosaur to get more time with melo since he's out there too visiting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
I don't want Gasol. Maybe one of you can educate me by answering the question below.

Considering that we will have both Taj & Mirotic next season, why are we interested in signing Gasol?

That's three Power Forwards that need minutes.

czman

Liked Posts:
I don't want Gasol. Maybe one of you can educate me by answering the question below.

Considering that we will have both Taj & Mirotic next season, why are we interested in signing Gasol?

Gasol has played a lot of center. He would be another big in the rotation.

If the Bulls miss out on Melo and amnesty Boozer they have to spend on someone. Is this any different than giving Boozer 15 million, Brewer 4.5 million, Watson 4 million, Hamilton 5 million.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Mirotic isnt a sure thing yet and I think gasol is just in case they dont get melo or love or if he takes MLE could be a nice addition off bench.

Either way he could be a nice bench option for gibson and noah

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Gasol has played a lot of center. He would be another big in the rotation.

If the Bulls miss out on Melo and amnesty Boozer they have to spend on someone. Is this any different than giving Boozer 15 million, Brewer 4.5 million, Watson 4 million, Hamilton 5 million.
Mirotic isnt a sure thing yet and I think gasol is just in case they dont get melo or love or if he takes MLE could be a nice addition off bench.

Thanks for the education, fellas.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:

Only in Thibs' bizarro world. Gasol is better than both Noah and Gibson in a vacuum.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
truthfully i rather not spend on anyone if its not Carmelo

teams have lost their mind this offseason....im hearing Cavs are gonna offer Hayward max lol

EL ROCKSTEADY

CBMB Refugee
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I dont follow basketball all that much, but i think it would not be very smart to have in place for as many possible outcomes as possible. I really would not look at them going to meet Gasol as an indicator to anything other than the Bulls having interest.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Latest rumor is Gasol might be an option for the Bulls with or without Melo. I also read the Bulls won't spend the money to buy Mirotic out of his contract in Spain if they sign Melo. They'd rather use the money elsewhere and wait for Mirotic to become available next year.