Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In perhaps one of the worst-kept secrets the Bulls have tried to keep, a source said Wednesday that Boozer’s departure is a “done deal.” The source added that Boozer’s camp has been all but told that the power forward’s fate. Not only because there haven’t been any buyers on a sign-and-trade for Boozer, but because the Bulls want the money to go in a different direction, whether Carmelo Anthony is in the mix or not.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/2844...ime-with-bulls-all-but-over.html#.U7S1HbFBnoE

czman

Liked Posts:
I read this as Melo is not coming to the Bulls.

Most articles at this time are only loosely based on facts, but this seems like bad news for the Bulls.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
amnesty boozer to sign gasol lulz

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Most articles at this time are only loosely based on facts, but this seems like bad news for the Bulls.
Really? I read this as nobody is willing to take Carlos Boozer.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I don't get how this means no Melo. I get it as no one wants boozer.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Uncomfirmed reports really, but I kinda figured no one would really want Boozer. I figured he wouldnt get amnestied until Melo makes his decision though and then the Bulls inquiry if Phil will take him or not if Melo decides to come here.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

I see it as a writer trying to be first with writing the obvious before it happens...

Knicks supposedly dont want him so he assuming no one wants to deal for him and obviously if there no deals the bulls are going to amnesty him to give themselves cap room for either melo , Love, or othet FAs...

so, as soon as Melo makes a decision the bulls will pull the plug on Boozer.. who knows maybe the Twolves will take him to replace love for the year..

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I take it as nobody want Booz, but isnt that a little strange. Shouldnt there be some team out there thats willing to take him. Put him back on the Jazz, or another young team looking for veteran scoring. As much as he pissed off chicago, hes not that bad. Right? Or have i just ridden the Booz Cruise too many times?

Liked Posts:
I take it as nobody want Booz, but isnt that a little strange. Shouldnt there be some team out there thats willing to take him. Put him back on the Jazz, or another young team looking for veteran scoring. As much as he pissed off chicago, hes not that bad. Right? Or have i just ridden the Booz Cruise too many times?

Wouldn't it make sense for teams to wait for him to be amnestied when they can sign him for less?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:

Teams know Thibs ruined his value so why bother trading for him when he will be amnestied.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Teams know Thibs ruined his value so why bother trading for him when he will be amnestied.
Huh?

If anything, Thibs saved his legs by keeping him off the court for long stretches of time in the second halves of games.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I mean, I hope this is right, but I've had a feeling this whole offseason that Boozer will be back in a Bulls uniform next year.

My reasoning is, I don't think we're going to get any of the top free agents, and I don't think our FO is willing to put down the money to amnesty Boozer.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I dont understand the NBA CBA, but...I don't get amnestying Boozer just to do it. If you dont get Melo, who else can you get with that money that is better than Boozer? Stick with status quo for next year, Boozer comes off the books, all kinds of space for Love...

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
After reading the thread title, I strangely thought what Boozer would be like as a ghost haunting his own tombstone. "GIMME DAT SOUL, JO," one paranormal investigator would pick up on EVP. And still even in ethereal form, his defense would still suck against proton guns.

Pre-R.I.P.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
So he's getting amnestied. If we weren't getting Melo wouldn't you keep his expiring contract as an asset for the trade deadline? That's what they were talking about on 670 the other day. That his expiring contract is an asset at the deadline.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Lets not forget that this article is written by Joe Cowley and includes a direct quote from a "source" that is exactly two words...

DCguy

Liked Posts:
The team has always stated that they wouldn't use the amnesty clause unless they were sure to get something worthwhile in return. So if this report is true, hopefully something positive comes out of it.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Windhorst said the Bulls could get both Melo and Gasol but only if the Knicks agree to a sign and trade