17 Year old that could make all the difference for the U.S. National Team

BillikenBear

Liked Posts:
Although a prospect is just a prospect, I would love it. Been keeping tabs on the situation and haven't heard anything since those reports a couple months ago. If you can find an interview with him, he seems very "American" and I think he spends all of his breaks in America, so I think JK has a good shot at getting him. Read somewhere that he was struggling with the physicality of the game last season, but he's still young and growing so I have high hopes for him.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Johannsson, Green, Zelalem :fap:

Bear06

Liked Posts:
There's also Shawn Parker. IMO he can be a better version of pre-accident Charlie Davies.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Although a prospect is just a prospect, I would love it. Been keeping tabs on the situation and haven't heard anything since those reports a couple months ago. If you can find an interview with him, he seems very "American" and I think he spends all of his breaks in America, so I think JK has a good shot at getting him. Read somewhere that he was struggling with the physicality of the game last season, but he's still young and growing so I have high hopes for him.

Well I don't think there is any shame in being 17 and struggling with the physicality while playing for Arsenal! There is a reason why American pro sports leagues require guys to be a certain age before going big time.. they need to build out their bodies.

Liked Posts:
He'll be 21 next time around. He's right up Klinsmanns alley.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
He'll be 21 next time around. He's right up Klinsmanns alley.

Yedlin, Green, Zelalem, Brooks, Bradley, Besler, Howard/Guzan... and toss in a few other surprises.

Can I get an Amen?

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yedlin, Green, Zelalem, Brooks, Bradley, Besler, Howard/Guzan... and toss in a few other surprises.

Can I get an Amen?

Don't forget Diskerud, Fabian Johnson, and could Staurt Holden possibly be back? :pray:

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Don't forget Diskerud, Fabian Johnson, and could Staurt Holden possibly be back? :pray:

Agreed on Fabian Johnson (Top 2 player for the U.S. in the WC) and Diskerud. I hate to be a debbie downer but I don't see Holden coming back to the national team considering the amount of big injuries he has had in the last few years and the young talent coming through the ranks.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Oops and I totally forgot about Altidore. He's only 24 so he'll definitely be starting for the team in Russia.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Youtube on Zelalem - WOW!

[video=youtube;D7qeQRgEdSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7qeQRgEdSw[/video]

Liked Posts:
Youtube on Zelalem - WOW!

[video=youtube;D7qeQRgEdSw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7qeQRgEdSw[/video]

Beautiful passes. It seems like with each passing generation, the US is able two add one or two more players than the previous generation that have something close to high end skill. The great thing that Klinsmann has done is mine the world of talent by giving them a chance to play. These younger talents won't be buried like they might be on the German national team.

As much as people bitched about Green being picked over Donovan, how much did that opportunity for Green affect Z want in to play for the US...and then how many other guys that haven't materialized yet? Who wouldn't trade a Donovan at the end of his career for a Green and a Zelalem (and possibly others) at the beginning of theirs?