In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I believe he is. He's been strangely quiet and just watching from the shadows. I bet he is worried about Melo coming to Chicago because the Heat team wouldn't be the favorite anymore and he probably wouldn't win anymore championships if he resigns there long term. Can anyone picture Lebron signing a one year deal this year so he can replace Carmelo in the NYC market next year, after recruiting a new big 3 to join him there?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think he's being quiet, because he doesn't want the same backlash from LeBronathon, aka: The Decision to happen again.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Apparently LeBron's not talking to Bosh or Wade about his plans. That's not exactly a vote of confidence for his teammates, and might even be considered a slap in the face.

If I were Bosh or Wade, I would not take a pay cut just so LeBron can get a max contract. If he's only thinking about himself and getting paid, I would do the same.

I doubt Scottie would have ever agreed to a paycut to help MJ either. Paycuts should only be considered if it improves the team.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
He's going back to Miami on a short deal, other then Cleveland, I cant really see him fitting/wanting to go anywhere else

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
He's going back to Miami on a short deal, other then Cleveland, I cant really see him fitting/wanting to go anywhere else
Then what's the delay and the reason for all the secrecy? Why haven't they all resigned yet, because there aren't many big moves the Heat can make until they know exactly how much they all will be accepting. Seems to me the Heat don't have a lot of options in free agency other than hoping the Bulls release Boozer so they can sign him for cheap, or Pau Gasol taking less to play with them.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
Then what's the delay and the reason for all the secrecy? Why haven't they all resigned yet, because there aren't many big moves the Heat can make until they know exactly how much they all will be accepting. Seems to me the Heat don't have a lot of options in free agency other than hoping the Bulls release Boozer so they can sign him for cheap, or Pau Gasol taking less to play with them.

For one no one can officially sign until the 10th anyway. second why does he have to sign right away, because you said so? he hasn't visited with any NBA teams for a reason. the Heat still have the big 3 bird rights, they can go over the cap to resign them, which is why they have to sign them last. this isn't like before where they had to trade for Lebron and Bosh. by that Logic is everyother FA scared because no one else has signed yet.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
For one no one can officially sign until the 10th anyway. second why does he have to sign right away, because you said so? he hasn't visited with any NBA teams for a reason. the Heat still have the big 3 bird rights, they can go over the cap to resign them, which is why they have to sign them last. this isn't like before where they had to trade for Lebron and Bosh. by that Logic is everyother FA scared because no one else has signed yet.
I know that nothing is official until the 10th, doesn't change the fact that agreements are being made and the Heat's options are drying up. Miami is obviously the favorite for the Shittles to return but its not a forgone conclusion. Lebron is waiting because he doesn't want to be in Miami if he doesn't have a clear advantage and easy path to winning. Why else would he only want a short term deal in the first place?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I believe he is. He's been strangely quiet and just watching from the shadows. I bet he is worried about Melo coming to Chicago because the Heat team wouldn't be the favorite anymore and he probably wouldn't win anymore championships if he resigns there long term. Can anyone picture Lebron signing a one year deal this year so he can replace Carmelo in the NYC market next year, after recruiting a new big 3 to join him there?

He's not scared, he's a bitch. When are people going to learn?

Liked Posts:
What else is in the shadows?

I bet LeBron is playing cards right now with Hoffa and Bigfoot.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
What else is in the shadows?

I bet LeBron is playing cards right now with Hoffa and Bigfoot.

He's fishing with his son.. Guess he thought fishing for goldfish was more important than playing pro ball.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Cleveland offering Hayward a max contract tells me they dont have a shot in hell to get LeBron back and if they did, theyre going about it completely wrong.

Bird rights dont mean a thing in the big 3s case because theres cap holds and unless they renounce their bird rights, theyre right back in the same position they were last year. They have to take pay cuts to improve their team, theres no way around that. They cant sign free agents with all of that cap space and then use Bird rights. This was a loophole that was fixed during the last CBA.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I believe he is. He's been strangely quiet and just watching from the shadows.?

I dont think the best player on the planet is scared. Im convinced theres a plan in place and its already been set in motion. 4 years ago no one knew what the hell was gonna happen and in the end, the market was played by the big 3 and they went to Miami and won championships. People are acting like LeBron doesnt know what hes going to do. He knows and hes waiting to kick America in the nuts.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Apparently LeBron's not talking to Bosh or Wade about his plans. That's not exactly a vote of confidence for his teammates, and might even be considered a slap in the face.

If I were Bosh or Wade, I would not take a pay cut just so LeBron can get a max contract. If he's only thinking about himself and getting paid, I would do the same.

I doubt Scottie would have ever agreed to a paycut to help MJ either. Paycuts should only be considered if it improves the team.

are you saying LeBron doesn't deserve a max contract? He has all the right for once to be the highest paid player on his team. No reason why LeBron should not get a mac and if wade and bosh want to play with him than they should take a pay cut. By the way I dislike lebron but he told them what he wants. It is up to them what they want to do.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
I think Lebron is letting Melo have his spotlight out of respect.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dont think the best player on the planet is scared. Im convinced theres a plan in place and its already been set in motion. 4 years ago no one knew what the hell was gonna happen and in the end, the market was played by the big 3 and they went to Miami and won championships. People are acting like LeBron doesnt know what hes going to do. He knows and hes waiting to kick America in the nuts.
I think there's going to be a whole new level of rage on July 10 when Lebron sets up his next superteam

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I think maybe he just wants to look out for #1 and not just be part of the Big 3 anymore. He may be seeing his take the max and have the other 2 settle for a lot less plan not happening. If Chris Bosh sees Marcin Gortat get 5 and $60 million he's got to look at his agent and ask, can't you get me a bigger payday than that guy? I'm a multiple time All Star and champion. Because the stories going around are Bosh starting at $11 million.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think maybe he just wants to look out for #1 and not just be part of the Big 3 anymore. He may be seeing his take the max and have the other 2 settle for a lot less plan not happening. If Chris Bosh sees Marcin Gortat get 5 and $60 million he's got to look at his agent and ask, can't you get me a bigger payday than that guy? I'm a multiple time All Star and champion. Because the stories going around are Bosh starting at $11 million.
Again, it depends on how much he values money over winning. In Bosh's case, since he doesn't get as many endorsements, the money might be more of a factor. I think if the big 3 did do the pay cut thing that Bosh would end up with more money than Wade so he could still get maybe 15-16 million if Wade takes like 10.

Liked Posts:

It will be interesting to see what happens with Bosh and Wade.

No one can really fault LeBron for insisting on the maximum. Not only is he the best player in the league but he's the one doing all the heavy lifting on that team. No one in the league deserves it more.

Bosh, considering what his role is can easily be overpaid. His role is a very passive one. It's not that he's worthless. There are times where he comes up huge but it's not often enough. It seems like too many times his game is forced to the perimeter.

But Wade is the most interesting in terms of this topic. He's nowhere close to what he was even two years ago. The guy is on an incredibly steep decline. Too many in the media are wanting to be nice and call it injuries but that's just working around the edges. It's really age. Wade isn't getting old--he's already there. But for Wade, it's kind of win-win. If Wade takes it on the chin and says he'll play for what he's really worth, the people down there will say he's selfless. But if the three of them weren't friends, Wade would have almost no leverage other than being well liked by the fans.

If I'm honest, this is what they should make:

James Max
Bosh 7-9
Wade 2-4

Bosh and Wade will probably make a lot more than that though, which isn't exactly bad.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im not a LeBron fan but he easily deserves a max contract especially if the Heat cant really make any moves. Wade is a shell and Bosh is inconsistent. If anything they should be taking even less than was reported