In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
In the midst of Melo-Mania, the Bucks have Jason Kidd as a new coach.
It seems everyone in the media is bashing him for burning bridges with the Brooklyn Nets, but it seems to me that was the right move. The Nets are a mess, he was almost fired last season, and he would probably gotten fired this year once the Nets old players start breaking down again.

Why should he stay in a dead end position instead of playing his cards and getting a new contract for more money and a more stable position. Kidd made a brilliant move and I bet many people would have done the same thing, (myself included).

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
In the midst of Melo-Mania, the Bucks have Jason Kidd as a new coach.
It seems everyone in the media is bashing him for burning bridges with the Brooklyn Nets, but it seems to me that was the right move. The Nets are a mess, he was almost fired last season, and he would probably gotten fired this year once the Nets old players start breaking down again.

Why should he stay in a dead end position instead of playing his cards and getting a new contract for more money and a more stable position. Kidd made a brilliant move and I bet many people would have done the same thing, (myself included).

Kidd didn't do anything wrong. A lot of folks in the media thought it was disrespectful to Larry Drew. Are you fucking kidding me? The guy won 15 games last year. If you only win 15 games, as far as I'm concerned, you deserve shit.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Didn't the nets hire the guy who used to coach golden state? If that is true I would say nets have a better coach.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
Didn't the nets hire the guy who used to coach golden state? If that is true I would say nets have a better coach.
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Memphis

Liked Posts:
Kidd wasn't backed by his GM and was constantly perceiving him as a threat. It was somewhat shrewd to see right now, while he had a hand to play and could be proactive, was the time to see who mgt would back--Kidd or King.its better to do this now than to see who mgt backs when things go bad.

Plus, Parker is way better than anyone on the Knicks roster. The Nets players are on a steep decline.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
To me, Kidd saw coaching veteran players that were his peers wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The all said how they respected him as a player and how he would be a great coach but once he sat somebody who wasn't producing in a game they could have easily become locker room lawyers who knew more than the rookie coach. He saw Derek Fisher and Steve Kerr get more money than he did and thought he was in the same position and got shortchanged. Except Fisher was brought in by his former coach who thinks he knows what kind of a coach he'll be and Kerr was a GM.

Kidd didn't do anything wrong. A lot of folks in the media thought it was disrespectful to Larry Drew. Are you fucking kidding me? The guy won 15 games last year. If you only win 15 games, as far as I'm concerned, you deserve shit.

The Bucks TANKED, how do you blame the coach for doing what the team wanted? That was the strategy so many wanted the Bulls to take, had the done that and Kidd wanted to be the Bulls coach, you wuld have wanted to dump Thibs because HE only won 15 games.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
I don't understand why Kidd has been somewhat of a hot commodity as a coaching candidate the past couple of seasons. I kind of understand it last year, but he was hired and given a talented team and completely underachieved...and the Bucks traded for him? I swear there are maybe 5 smart general managers in basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't get it either with Kidd.

I mean, I think Jason Kidd was an awesome player, hof worthy somewhere down the line. But as a coach, I'm still getting used to him acting more like a teammate than a coach. Over time, I think he'll transition, as other have said about working with peers, so we'll see when he's in for 5 years or so. And I do think he is good enough to coach in the NBA for 4-5 years to see if he'll keep improving his teaching ability.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Jabari is pissed. Out of all the coaches, he gets Kidd? You would think Mil would hire someone a little more bona fide to help nurture Parker into a star.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Kidd is a fucking joke. Brooklyn was stupid for hiring him in the first place.