Not open for further replies.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What, you don't have cable tv?

TURN YOUR GOD DAMN TV ON!

lololol at the anger. I told myself to stop watching ESPN a year or so ago. I do like to watch first take from time to time because i love how everyone hates Skip Bayless and is too stupid to recognize national sports trolling. Its nothing but entertainment. But outside of that, i only watch on NFL Sundays or Mondays. I know what i like watching and listening to and i stay away from i dont.

I ate at Long John Silvers once and i nearly threw up from the first bite. Let me go back for lunch every day....

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ESPN isn't HQ'd in NY anyway. If there was any semblance of bias towards an NBA team, it would probably be towards the Lakers. But that assumes they actually have a bias rather than a focus bias(which is entirely different), and assumes that these opinions actually have some effect on where players end up.

You don't have to watch ESPN if it bugs you this much.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
That doesn't make them a good fit, sorry. You don't have the pieces to win a title even with Melo unless Rose is at MVP form. One of the best coaches in the game? I don't even have him top 8. a solid core of players? Solid is a stretch, outside of Noah, Rose and Gibson there isn't anything impressive. Fanbase and "media" wont put Ws on the schedule. that's why your full of shit and let your bias get in the way.

Sorry, but you're statement about Thibs and your screen name renders your "full of shit." Thanks for sharing. :rofl:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
ESPN isn't HQ'd in NY anyway. If there was any semblance of bias towards an NBA team, it would probably be towards the Lakers. But that assumes they actually have a bias rather than a focus bias(which is entirely different), and assumes that these opinions actually have some effect on where players end up.

You don't have to watch ESPN if it bugs you this much.

Bingo. ESPn is HQ'd out of Bristol, Disney is based out of Hollywood, but I think ESPn is also partially owned(like 15-20%) by the Hearst company which is based out of NYC.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
Sorry, but you're statement about Thibs and your screen name renders your "full of shit." Thanks for sharing. :rofl:

Nah I actually know the truth, unlike you. if he's so great why has he yet to win anything in his career with such a team of superstars and great fanbase? lol what a dipshit. you truly have no idea what the fuck your talking about.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Chicago is a good fit because they win games and make the playoffs, despite being the worst offensive team in the league. They have one of the best coaches in the game, a solid core of players, great fanbase, and winning culture. Having the 3rd largest media market in the country doesn't hurt either. That's why Chicago is a good fit for ANYBODY looking to compete for a championship.

Chicago got bounced by the Washington Wizards last season. There's much better fits for players looking to win championships, something Chicago hasn't done in since last millennium. How much of an improvement does Gasol over Boozer make? Enough to win? and by win, i mean win meaningful games and contend for championships. Not win 50-55 regular season games and get shit on when it matters. Without Derrick Rose proving that his knees arent made of graham crackers, every FA looking to win should think very very carefully about choosing Chicago over a team like Houston who may play in a much harder conference but have the surrounding talent to compete. If its just about winning and not money, im sure theres a veteran minimum waiting for Melo in San Antonio.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you've just fucking agreed with me. Congratulations.

What did the broadcasters say?..and what you just posted isn't in agreement with you. He's not watching or contributing to ESPN. You are.

Liked Posts:
I was recently a home for a well known media research company until recently. I made it a point to avoid the vast majority of it's programming. It's cheap and formulaic. What I learned is that NBCSN has better programming. ESPN all but ignores regular season hockey since they don't carry it's games anymore.

There's so much other stuff out there that's better. One should look for alternatives because they do exist.

One of the things I like most about having my viewing tracked wasn't denying ESPN 30,000 viewers. It's that I found better options.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ on the fucking night of the draft Simmons and Rose were debating where Melo would go. Ultimately, the talk was Chicago. But SVP and Russo say no, and that is somehow a bias?

Just shut the fuck up man. Quit your whining.

You're the one crying like a bitch. If you don't like the thread, why are you here?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago got bounced by the Washington Wizards last season. There's much better fits for players looking to win championships, something Chicago hasn't done in since last millennium. How much of an improvement does Gasol over Boozer make? Enough to win? and by win, i mean win meaningful games and contend for championships. Not win 50-55 regular season games and get shit on when it matters. Without Derrick Rose proving that his knees arent made of graham crackers, every FA looking to win should think very very carefully about choosing Chicago over a team like Houston who may play in a much harder conference but have the surrounding talent to compete. If its just about winning and not money, im sure theres a veteran minimum waiting for Melo in San Antonio.
Not sure why but this made me LOL.

:clap:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
lololol at the anger. I told myself to stop watching ESPN a year or so ago. I do like to watch first take from time to time because i love how everyone hates Skip Bayless and is too stupid to recognize national sports trolling. Its nothing but entertainment. But outside of that, i only watch on NFL Sundays or Mondays. I know what i like watching and listening to and i stay away from i dont.

I ate at Long John Silvers once and i nearly threw up from the first bite. Let me go back for lunch every day....

Think about what you just said for a second. You're arguing with someone who is agreeing with you. How stupid is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.