ESPN push to keep Carmelo in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I've been listening to the usual suspects on ESPN lately. None of them want Carmelo, Gasol or any other major player to sign with Chicago. Not that this surprises me, since the media empire is headquartered in New York. But how can anyone seriously say Chicago is not a good fit for a star player with a straight face, and call themselves experts? Oh, but table scraps like Stephenson, Affalo and Ariza are perfect for the Bulls. The national media does this everytime Chicago is rumored to be on the verge of acquiring elite players, and it makes me sick.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Then stop listening. People are always bitching about ESPNs "bias and agenda" but yet always have them on TV, radio and are always reading their stuff on the computer.

Let me ask you, who said "I dont want Carmelo or Gasol to go to Chicago"?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Then stop listening. People are always bitching about ESPNs "bias and agenda" but yet always have them on TV, radio and are always reading their stuff on the computer.

Let me ask you, who said "I dont want Carmelo or Gasol to go to Chicago"?

If you don't watch or listen, why start a debate with me over it? Turn your fucking tv on and see for yourself.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
This clown on SVP and Russillo is a perfect example.

According to him, Gasol is a good fit for San Antonio, Miami, OKC and LA. The Bulls aren't even a consideration, even though they're meeting with Gasol in LA. San Antonio, Miami and OKC? Seriously?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1) Did i say i dont watch or listen? Which i dont, btw.

2) Answer my question, who said they dont want those guys in Chicago? Can you answer that or are you gonna keep talking out of your ass?

They think Gasol is a good fit for those teams and not the Bulls so clearly they hate the Bulls and dont want Gasol to go there....assholes.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
1) Did i say i dont watch or listen? Which i dont, btw.

2) Answer my question, who said they dont want those guys in Chicago? Can you answer that or are you gonna keep talking out of your ass?

They think Gasol is a good fit for those teams and not the Bulls so clearly they hate the Bulls and dont want Gasol to go there....assholes.

I don't understand what you're asking.

You listen to news for information, that's their job. One should expect an unbiased view from the national media. Are you trying to say they can't fulfill their obligation to the public? Try to make a coherent statement instead of instigating a flame war. This isn't about me, re-read the title of this thread.

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
I've been listening to the usual suspects on ESPN lately. None of them want Carmelo, Gasol or any other major player to sign with Chicago. Not that this surprises me, since the media empire is headquartered in New York. But how can anyone seriously say Chicago is not a good fit for a star player with a straight face, and call themselves experts? Oh, but table scraps like Stephenson, Affalo and Ariza are perfect for the Bulls. The national media does this everytime Chicago is rumored to be on the verge of acquiring elite players, and it makes me sick.

How is Chicago a good fit? Rose hasn't played in over 2 years now IIRC and Noah is getting on the wrong side of 30, you have maybe 2-3 good years left, after that the team is just full of decent-good role players.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't understand what you're asking.

You listen to news for information, that's their job. One should expect an unbiased view from the national media. Are you trying to say they can't fulfill their obligation to the public? Try to make a coherent statement instead of instigating a flame war. This isn't about me, re-read the title of this thread.

I dont give a shit about a title, im responding to what you wrote. You said they dont want him in Chicago. Did they say that? YES OR NO? You say they push to keep him in NY yet your example is because someone said Gasol fits everywhere but Chicago.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jesus Christ on the fucking night of the draft Simmons and Rose were debating where Melo would go. Ultimately, the talk was Chicago. But SVP and Russo say no, and that is somehow a bias?

Just shut the fuck up man. Quit your whining.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Who?

What exactly did they say?

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
How is Chicago a good fit? Rose hasn't played in over 2 years now IIRC and Noah is getting on the wrong side of 30, you have maybe 2-3 good years left, after that the team is just full of decent-good role players.

Chicago is a good fit because they win games and make the playoffs, despite being the worst offensive team in the league. They have one of the best coaches in the game, a solid core of players, great fanbase, and winning culture. Having the 3rd largest media market in the country doesn't hurt either. That's why Chicago is a good fit for ANYBODY looking to compete for a championship.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
What, you don't have cable tv?

TURN YOUR GOD DAMN TV ON!

Cavsfan25

Liked Posts:
Chicago is a good fit because they win games and make the playoffs, despite being the worst offensive team in the league. They have one of the best coaches in the game, a solid core of players, great fanbase, and winning culture. Having the 3rd largest media market in the country doesn't hurt either. That's why Chicago is a good fit for ANYBODY looking to compete for a championship.

That doesn't make them a good fit, sorry. You don't have the pieces to win a title even with Melo unless Rose is at MVP form. One of the best coaches in the game? I don't even have him top 8. a solid core of players? Solid is a stretch, outside of Noah, Rose and Gibson there isn't anything impressive. Fanbase and "media" wont put Ws on the schedule. that's why your full of shit and let your bias get in the way.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Cowherd, SVP, Broussard, etc. If you don't watch, don't bother posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.