Looks like Bulls are going to let Taj cost them Melo ala Deng-Kobe!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
If it turns out that Taj is a better bench player than a starter, I am going to be PISSED.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Says? They dont want to give him up but if it means getting Melo, they arent that stupid. Only issue is Melo really likes him, apparently.

Liked Posts:
Actually, they've been saying Anthony would want Taj to stay on the roster.

I'm kind of questioning whether it was a good idea to keep Boozer last year.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kinda like Kobe liked Deng?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Turns out to be a troll move by Melo:

hey don't trade Taj I wanna play with him! Hey wait I don't have enough money because you kept that Taj fellow screw you guyz!

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Turns out to be a troll move by Melo:

hey don't trade Taj I wanna play with him! Hey wait I don't have enough money because you kept that Taj fellow screw you guyz!

No they probably pressured him to accept Taj by having Taj show up. What was Melo supposed to suggest? How would it look if Melo suggested picking up an Okafor or a Blatche for half the cost of Taj?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No they probably pressured him to accept Taj by having Taj show up. What was Melo supposed to suggest? How would it look if Melo suggested picking up an Okafor or a Blatche for half the cost of Taj?
Idk what to think because there were reports out there that said Melo wanted to keep Taj on the team if he played for us

Liked Posts:
It makes sense that Anthony would like Taj because his forte is defense. He's not going to take shots away from Anthony and Rose.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It wouldn't be smart for the Bulls to move Taj without having a commitment from Melo. Because if we trade Taj for nothing and Melo doesn't come.... then the Bulls are even more fucked.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
It makes sense that Anthony would like Taj because his forte is defense. He's not going to take shots away from Anthony and Rose.

You can find cheaper alternatives to Taj Gibson. You don't think Okafor can guard the paint as well as Taj?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You can find cheaper alternatives to Taj Gibson. You don't think Okafor can guard the paint as well as Taj?
I'm not even sure if Okafor can play right now honestly. What did he sit out last season for?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
It wouldn't be smart for the Bulls to move Taj without having a commitment from Melo. Because if we trade Taj for nothing and Melo doesn't come.... then the Bulls are even more fucked.

I agree but Taj should not have even been there in the first place. Jimmy Butler wasn't there. Trading Taj wasn't even an option IMO and thart shouldn't have been the case.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree but Taj should not have even been there in the first place. Jimmy Butler wasn't there. Trading Taj wasn't even an option IMO and thart shouldn't have been the case.
If Melo wanted to play with Taj then I don't see how having Taj there is a bad thing.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

I highly doubt that. Taj is from NY. He's there during a good portion of the offseason. Noah and Taj are close friends. Noah is probably the one who had been selling Melo on Taj since he's been in constant contact with him since the allstar break. Plys it makes total sense to have 2 players who've both lived in NY and Chicago and can speak to what it's like to have a new hometown. It was a unique perspective that in my eyes gave us a bit of a leg up over other team's pitches.

As for us trading him, that will not happen, Melo or no Melo. Not to mention, nothing is over because Melo hasn't made a decision and according to KC Johnson, whom I trust, $$ was barely discussed at the meeting. The focus was on "wanting to win now". If Melo is true to his word about that and convinces his wife Chicago is good city, then we could very well see him in a Bulls uni in a few months.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
KC Johnson said reports of the $16m offer were bullshit. Rather the Bulls told Melo that they would make the financials work once he verbally committed. That tells me that Taj staying or going is essentially Melo's choice.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls said they'd make it work financially if he committed...meaning they would do what it took to get him what he wants salary wise

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Of course they would. They learned their lesson from clearing cap space for bron in 2010 only to land booze cruise. Why sell taj if this guy spurns us. If anything we would need to keep assets for a possible love trade

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
You make a good point about Taj being there, he probably shouldn't have been there to make Melo feel like he would be kicking Taj out of a place he's happy. It really comes down to what the Bulls offer was, there is no way in hell Melo was coming here for $16M so once the Lakers and Knicks put out their offer, the Bulls should have made a real offer as well.

What kind of shit is, "Don't worry Melo, we'll make it work". That's not how you convince someone to choose you over the competition.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
cant wait to start using "Paxson wouldn't trade Taj for Melo"

:derbulls:

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
cant wait to start using "Paxson wouldn't trade Taj for Melo"
GarPax have gotten smarter so you can't really prove what they wouldn't do. It looks like they didn't even make a real offer so you can't hold it against them if Melo turns them down. They can just claim that they would have done anything to get him, but we really have nothing to go one but a nice long meeting.

How the hell do you talk to a guy for nine hours and still not work out the financial details? :pity: