Predicting the 2018 WC USMNT....Shipp?!

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.mlssoccer.com/worldcup/2...predicting-2018-usmnt-roster-armchair-analyst

"Midfield Attackers: Julian Green (23), Harry Shipp (26), Darlington Nagbe (27)"

"Shipp, thus far, looks to be a multi-dimensional talent capable of creating space off the dribble, being goal-dangerous in the 18, and - most especially - what you see above. He really, really sees the last pass.

And that's a valuable skillset for the diamond, because as the game compresses different players take on different roles. You might be attacking the backline off the ball one minute, then sending a fellow midfielder through in the next.

Shipp can do all that. He's got the "Wow!" stuff down. In the meantime, he has to work on being a little more mature in his shot-vs-pass decision-making, as well as understanding when to try for that killer ball vs. when to just hang onto posession and try to break teams down.

He (and Green) also needs to improve his defense."

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looking forward to seeing how Shipp can keep on improving his game. And as a side note, they have Zelelam and Joya listed as well.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Only one I've seen so far with Shipp on it, maybe some MLS bias coming from MLSSoccer.com... but it wouldn't shock me. Kid can play.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Pretty early to predict the 2018 roster. The only guys I know for a fact that will be on the team are Altidore, Yedlin, Green, Bradley, Besler, and Guzan.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Would have to imagine Johannsson would be there too

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Yep, along with Fabian Johnson and Brooks.

Johannsson has some work to do. They brought him on to replace Altidore against Ghana and he barely did anything for the next 65-70 minutes.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Johannsson has some work to do. They brought him on to replace Altidore against Ghana and he barely did anything for the next 65-70 minutes.

Has four years for that

Bear06

Liked Posts:

The kid can ball but he's not a lone striker like Altidore that can play up top all by himself. He just had ankle surgery so he probably wasn't 100% healthy during the WC which is unfortunate and probably the reason why JK didn't give him more PT.