The Lockout was the worst thing to ever happen to us

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
....if we dont get Melo which is looking likely

let me explain

you know if the Derrick Rose Rule was never put in place we could give Melo the max outright?

you also think about the lockout and how the season got pushed back and it made it condensed season

which really did a number on Rose.....he was out every other week with another injury and i think that was contributing factor into him tearing his ACL...his body was trying to compensate for other injuries

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Wat-Meme-Grandma-Travels-Through-a-Space-Of-Confusion.gif

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
whats hard to understand?

no lockout = no Derrick Rose Rule = we can offer Melo max outright

no lockout = no condensed season = Rose doesn't have to keep rushing back from injuries = maybe he doesn't tear his ACL

Bulls with a healthy Rose and max money (although still not as much a NY) would be hard offer to turn down if you're Carmelo

i think money and uncertainty around Rose will make Melo decide to tough it out in NY

yeah i was a bit extreme with the title but the lockout hampered us allot

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What makes you sure the Bulls would have not spent that money on a number of other players?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
What makes you sure the Bulls would have not spent that money on a number of other players?

thats a fair question...but they would have still been over the salary cap so they couldn't really afford anything

i think they would have still set it up where we could have made a run at a player this offseason

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
its not looking good for us
Look at it like this... Even if the Bulls fail to get Melo or Love, they still have a young core and a proven coach. We could very easily contine to build the team in the mold of the Spurs who also never signed any major free agents but are still champions. Who knows, maybe Mirotic and McDermott turn into Pau Gasol and Paul Pierce type players. We are still sitting in pretty good shape.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Or if the Bulls had another guy who could get his own shot and provide this team with some sustainable offense, Rose wouldnt have to drive the lane and get pounded repeatedly.