In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Its not a mindset, its fucking reality of how the NBA works. You go in on the big time FAs, if you dont get them you sign other players. People dont remember how critical it was to get Boozer 4 years ago at the time Wade and Bosh announced they were going to Miami and people still thought LeBron was on the market.
The only fact is that no one says the Bulls HAVE to spend their money. It makes ZERO sense to waste money on washed up players like Gasol and fucking Marion. They might as well keep Boozer and use his cap space next year.

Speaking of Boozer, I never wanted him as I've said tons of times. No one forced Paxson to panic and over pay him just because he failed to get LBJ/Bosh/Wade. If you don't get your #1 target, don't throw money randomly in fear of criticism. That only makes the problem worse.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
sitting there hearing Gar for 2 years blow smoke up my ass with this flexibility nonsense only to blow it on Marion and Gasol....yeah i'd be more than a little upset with that

i rather keep that "flexibility" and try to get love in a trade then lock our cap space up with some old geezer

Love should be plan B not Marion and Gasol

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
If the Bulls throw $7-10M per for 3+ years at Gasol, GarPax should be fired the next day. You don't throw more than the Mid-Level Exception at a backup center, especially one that's old and injury prone.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If Melo does sign in Chicago, I can imagine the Bulls becoming a ring chaser destination for guys like Gasol or Marion. They would likely sign for cheap for one last kick of the bucket. If Ray Allen is going to play again, I could see him ending up here due to his familiarity with Thibs. However, this all predicates on Melo signing here. Another name to keep an eye on will be Paul Pierce. Right now, the Bulls should be contacting as many guys as they can so they have all kinds of scenarios in mind. At the end of the day, the roster can be as good as Jerry wants it to be. There is no reason why this team shouldn't be paying some luxury tax each season.

Liked Posts:
sitting there hearing Gar for 2 years blow smoke up my ass with this flexibility nonsense only to blow it on Marion and Gasol....yeah i'd be more than a little upset with that

i rather keep that "flexibility" and try to get love in a trade then lock our cap space up with some old geezer

Love should be plan B not Marion and Gasol

Top tier players > Financial flexibility> older players willing to play for less > established 2nd tier players insisting on fair market value

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Says the guy too bitch made to even talk to girls. Good thing i dont go through life scared of rejection and failure. No one could do worse as GM of the Bulls than GarPax but i was wrong....Two things wrong with that statement because
1)If you looked around the league, which you probably havent, youd see theres a lot of bad GMs. The great Michael Jordan is a fucking joke. Literally, a joke. Everyone makes fun of him.
2)Using me as an example of being a worse GM than GarPax. While i would never in a million years claim i would even be a GM, how can you make a claim that im bad? I would be offering max deals to Gasol and Marion huh? Interesting. The Bulls dont even have that money. And while these are both players that would have been nice 10 years ago, theyre both good players. I would take Marion and Gasol at the right prices.

Or i can not try to improve this team at all because i didnt get Melo to sign with the Bulls. IDK why im even arguing with the same idiot to claim the Bulls didnt have fans and cant even count to 3. Like i said yesterday, youre either really good at trolling or Special person.

Michael Jordan isn't the GM of the Bobcats. Get your facts straight son.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Please, everyone knows MJ is running shit on the Hornets. He's got his yes men doing everything he asks of them. Its like Rod Marinelli having the title of DC when hes just running the Lovie system.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think that if they do bring Melo in, their top priorities should be to 1) Sign Mirotic and 2) Sign a good back-up combo guard who can play defense. If that is Hintich, I am okay with it.

Throughout all of these discussions, what has been pretty much over-looked is how good Mirotic is. As a guy off of the bench who can play three positions, SF, PF, and a bit of C, this guy could immediately pay good dividends.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Please, everyone knows MJ is running shit on the Hornets. He's got his yes men doing everything he asks of them. Its like Rod Marinelli having the title of DC when hes just running the Lovie system.

I'm sure you're in touch with the Bobcats on a daily basis to know their inner workings. Again, your intelligence is on full display for all to see.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm sure you're in touch with the Bobcats on a daily basis to know their inner workings. Again, your intelligence is on full display for all to see.
Your next correct post would be your first.