The Carmelo Anthony Thread: Rumors And Discussion

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Who the hell is Incarcerated Bob? I've never heard of this "source" before today. With a twitter handle like that, I'm highly skeptical of the veracity of any of his statements.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Why are you guys even fucking worried about Melo when the real king has already arrived?

140313111502-doug-mcdermott-op6x-51746-b-mid-single-image-cut.jpg

The "real king" needs to tie his fucking shoe.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who the hell is Incarcerated Bob? I've never heard of this "source" before today. With a twitter handle like that, I'm highly skeptical of the veracity of any of his statements.
This thread is a joke thread...right...?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

He called Manning to Denver before other sources among other stories :shrug:

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I didn't mention a LOT of point guards that were better than Rod Strickland that he may not have seen...Magic and Zeke being at the top of the list. Strickland was never an all star so, he isn't on the same level as many of the greats, including KJ.

So what he wasn't an allstar. Did you watch him play? If so, you would remember how exciting he was with the ball. Strickland's problem was he was rarely healthy, and usually played on bad teams. Dude could do anything with a basketball, the most skilled PG I've ever seen play the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_Strickland

And for the record, Magic was not a PG, he was a Forward. But I guess by your one-dimensional thinking, LeBron and Scottie are/were PGs too.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm still waiting to get kicked in the nuts (figuratively) by Melo going to Miami.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
So what he wasn't an allstar. Did you watch him play? If so, you would remember how exciting he was with the ball. Strickland's problem was he was rarely healthy, and usually played on bad teams. Dude could do anything with a basketball, the most skilled PG I've ever seen play the game.

And for the record, Magic was not a PG, he was a Forward. But I guess by your one-dimensional thinking, LeBron and Scottie are/were PGs too.

Magic Johnson was a forward? You should really stop talking now. You are showing what little you know about basketball.

Magic Johnson is the greatest point guard in the history of the NBA. He didn't play forward regularly until he made his last comeback. Lebron and Scottie are considered "point forwards"...not the same as Magic Johnson. EVERYBODY knows Magic was a point guard...but you.

I didn't ridicule your statement because you said Strickland was the best YOU'D SEEN. Which makes me question how much you watched. With this last post, I now know. Speaking of excitement...ever heard of Michael Ray Richardson? Probably not.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

Ok you really must be young because Magic IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN considered a PG. And is considered the Best PG to ever play the game. He's the all-time leader in career assist average at 11.2apg. He holds countless NBA assist records and is second All-time in career triple doubles. Quite simply, there never was and probably never will be another PG as good as Magic. If you had watched him play, you never would've posted what you just did.

During his prime, Strickland was a fringe all-star at best. There's no doubt he was explosive & talented, but he played a reckless style which helped cause some of the injuries he suffered throughout his career. He also had a gigantic ego & had trouble putting the bong down during his playing years.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Magic Johnson was a forward? You should really stop talking now. You are showing what little you know about basketball.

Magic Johnson is the greatest point guard in the history of the NBA. He didn't play forward regularly until he made his last comeback. Lebron and Scottie are considered "point forwards"...not the same as Magic Johnson. EVERYBODY knows Magic was a point guard...but you.

I didn't ridicule your statement because you said Strickland was the best YOU'D SEEN. Which makes me question how much you watched. With this last post, I now know. Speaking of excitement...ever heard of Michael Ray Richardson? Probably not.

wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Ok you really must be young because Magic IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN considered a PG. And is considered the Best PG to ever play the game. He's the all-time leader in career assist average at 11.2apg. He holds countless NBA assist records and is second All-time in career triple doubles. Quite simply, there never was and probably never will be another PG as good as Magic. If you had watched him play, you never would've posted what you just did.

During his prime, Strickland was a fringe all-star at best. There's no doubt he was explosive & talented, but he played a reckless style which helped cause some of the injuries he suffered throughout his career. He also had a gigantic ego & had trouble putting the bong down during his playing years.

I'm 41 fucking years old, and watched basketball all my life. Passing the ball doesn't make you a PG by default. Magic could play anywhere on the court, but he matched up against forwards and is commonly considered to be a hybrid or point forward, just like Scottie and to some extent LeBron.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm 41 fucking years old, and watched basketball all my life. Passing the ball doesn't make you a PG by default. Magic could play anywhere on the court, but he matched up against forwards and is commonly considered to be a hybrid or point forward, just like Scottie and to some extent LeBron.
Magic has always been referred to as a PG. That's his position listed in the NBA database, wikipedia, basketball-reference, and basically everywhere else. He played one year of PF full time when he came back in the mid 90s, but that's it. He was a guard all the way from college until he retired. Not sure how anyone could be named the greatest PG of all time if they weren't a PG to begin with.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Read the very first line back to yourself...out loud. It is one thing to be so very wrong about something every NBA fan knows...but to then be smug about it? Rod Strickland, for the record, isn't a top 30 point guard all time, is the greatest you've ever seen. But you didn't even know that the best point guard of all time....was a point guard?

Tennis anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Johnson

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Magic has always been referred to as a PG. That's his position listed in the NBA database, wikipedia, basketball-reference, and basically everywhere else. He played one year of PF full time when he came back in the mid 90s, but that's it. He was a guard all the way from college until he retired. Not sure how anyone could be named the greatest PG of all time if they weren't a PG to begin with.

Not sure how anyone can be that old and watch basketball his whole life and be that clueless.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Melo is coming to steal our plans and taking his talents to South Beach.

DCguy

Liked Posts:
Hopefully they make a great first impression with him.