Nikola Mirotic to Chicago a done deal?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Carmelo is not coming, sounds like he never was.

Let's move on and get better and Mirotic makes us better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What he said:)

I hope so.

They need him to be if they are not going to get a top level guy.

I don't know if Mirotic does enough for them to really become a factor, but he is a positive step.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Question then becomes what do we pay him?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hope so.

They need him to be if they are not going to get a top level guy.

I don't know if Mirotic does enough for them to really become a factor, but he is a positive step.

Offensively, Nikola already posses the skills to be one of the most dominant Power Forwards in the game. He can flat out run, and has amazing feet for a 6'10" player. The only Power Forward with more lateral quickness in the league is KD. And like KD and Love, he can flat out shoot it from anywhere on the floor. And like Love, he plays very well through contact. He is above average in the post (the weakest part of his game, but still pretty good, and will get better, I have no doubt). Finishes very strong at the rim, but also has great touch, and has excellent reverses.

He does not rely on gimmicky euro moves-look at his game-he looks like a true NBA player, playing in Europe. He is not soft like Pau was, when Pau first came into the league. He will give us everything we hoped for and more, in wanting a big who will complement all that Noah does so well.

In 3 years, fans who now see him as trade fodder will be kicking themselves. He WILL be one of the marquee players of the NBA.

As so many San Antonio fans have been chanting "built, not bought"

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Over the weekend something about Mirotic came on the ESPN crawl once but I never saw it again.

I think the Bulls have a pretty good idea about Melo. So if he's a NO them Mirotic moves up on the priority list. If they can still find a way to trade Boozer that could get a FA starter at the 2 or 3 and Mirotic could come off the bench with Dunleavy, maybe Hinrich. Until you see this guy play in the NBA you can't count heavily on him, if he turns out to be the real deal they can trade Dunleavy and his expiring contract at the deadline, even Snell.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Question then becomes what do we pay him?

Whatever they pay Mirotic he will be a bargain. I just hope when all of this other smoke clears, Mirtoic will be with the Bulls next season.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Over the weekend something about Mirotic came on the ESPN crawl once but I never saw it again.

I think the Bulls have a pretty good idea about Melo. So if he's a NO them Mirotic moves up on the priority list. If they can still find a way to trade Boozer that could get a FA starter at the 2 or 3 and Mirotic could come off the bench with Dunleavy, maybe Hinrich. Until you see this guy play in the NBA you can't count heavily on him, if he turns out to be the real deal they can trade Dunleavy and his expiring contract at the deadline, even Snell.

Mirotic will be a great addition, whatever happens to Melo. If Melo doesn't come, then all bets are off. If he doesn't come, then Mirotic could become important in Love discussions but that would be the only way he doesn't be with the Bulls next season. But that is where Mirotic has leverage. He may not want to go with Minnesota in a trade. So, then both Minnesota and the Bulls have a problem. Either way, Mirotic benefits financially.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mirotic will be a great addition, whatever happens to Melo. If Melo doesn't come, then all bets are off. If he doesn't come, then Mirotic could become important in Love discussions but that would be the only way he doesn't be with the Bulls next season. But that is where Mirotic has leverage. He may not want to go with Minnesota in a trade. So, then both Minnesota and the Bulls have a problem. Either way, Mirotic benefits financially.

I don't think the Bulls have ever had any intention on dealing Mirotic at any time.

As Fran Fraschilla stated recently- Niko would have been a top 4 pick in this last draft....which says a ton. Sure Fran is an international scout who would lean towards international prospects since that is his arena, but if he values Niko that- just imagine what GarPax value him. GarPax has been notorious in over-valuing their own players and I'm sure it wouldn't be any different in regards to Niko.

I do believe if the Bulls REALLY wanted Love- they'd have him already. However, an offer of Taj, Snell, #16 & #19 doesn't really scream that they wanted Love that bad.

Mirotic will debut as a Bull at some point no matter what IMO.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I feel bad for Niko. Once he comes here, the hype has built him up to the point that he's going to be the punching bag for peabrained fans forever, instead of letting him go through the motions(adjust, develop, adjust again, etc).

Heck, I bet some people who are ready to pounce on him are all ready to take this post defensively.

sicko

Liked Posts:
I guess he is out big free agent signing for this off season.

He Better Be Good! Yeah Yeah he dominate EURO but EURO League is not damn NBA!

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

His game is legit.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel bad for Niko. Once he comes here, the hype has built him up to the point that he's going to be the punching bag for peabrained fans forever, instead of letting him go through the motions(adjust, develop, adjust again, etc).

Heck, I bet some people who are ready to pounce on him are all ready to take this post defensively.

I don't think that people will harpoon Mirotic. Hell, they didn't harpoon Noah who was in a pretty similar situation really.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I don't think that people will harpoon Mirotic. Hell, they didn't harpoon Noah who was in a pretty similar situation really.

We didn't wait 3 years for Noah. Three whole years. That's a LOT of time to build up hype.

And yes, people scrutinized Noah like crazy in his first season, calling him a bust and saying he only looked good because Al Horford carried him. Not my logic, these are the things fans were saying on basketball forums. That's just how a kid thinks. Impatient, and expects the real world to work like a video game.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
I am pretty sure that the average meathead Bulls' fan has no idea who Nikola Mirotic even is.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can either he or Taj play the 3?

I am not in love with the idea of McBuckets starting.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Taj can defend the 3, Niko can do 3,4,5 on offense. That is a line-up Thibs will experiment with if Taj stays and Niko signs. But in the NBA, it's not about playing a prototype position, as much as it is matching up against the other team.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Taj can defend the 3, Niko can do 3,4,5 on offense. That is a line-up Thibs will experiment with if Taj stays and Niko signs. But in the NBA, it's not about playing a prototype position, as much as it is matching up against the other team.
Taj can defend shooting small forwards, not athletic ones. Him vs anyone that can drive & shoot equals early foul trouble, which will plague him when he gets more minutes anyway.

---> Sent from above.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Maybe not, but the euro style of basketball is taking over the NBA.

---> Sent from above.