Nikola Mirotic to Chicago a done deal?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We didn't wait 3 years for Noah. Three whole years. That's a LOT of time to build up hype.

And yes, people scrutinized Noah like crazy in his first season, calling him a bust and saying he only looked good because Al Horford carried him. Not my logic, these are the things fans were saying on basketball forums. That's just how a kid thinks. Impatient, and expects the real world to work like a video game.

That was not how I remember it. I think that people knew pretty well what his shortcomings were when they saw him at Florida. But a Lot of them, including myself, saw his intangibles and heart. I believe that most Chicago fans, look at hustle and heart more than most fans in the US. You also have to remember what the Bulls team was at back then. Expectations weren't very high as I recall. This was a very young team trying to improve itself.

Sure there were people who didn't like the pick when the Bulls made it. Many of the same or similar people still bum-rap or undervalue the guy to this day.

The other thing in Mirotic's favor is the fact that Kukoc turned out to be a great draft pick for the Bulls even after the chill out that Jordan and Pippin gave him. And I for one loved his game. In fact, in a different scenario, with a different team and a different coach, Kukoc, would have been more of a star. So I think that Mirotic will have a welcome audience from Bulls fans. It is a win win for both parties.