IST: Chicago Cubs (37-46) at Washington Nationals (46-38)

How many games do the Cubs win?

• 3...This is the year

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 2...It is the NL East

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • 1...The Nats are hot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0...Tailspin time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This is going to be a long rest of the season....
Lol.. this was samardzija start, he only starts 1 game out of 5
Villanueva wasn't prepared to start this game.

The team going to be the same as it was for at least 3 out of every 5 games, the other 2 games will depend on who gets those starts..

This game is NOT an indication on how the rest of season gonna go

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:

The team going to be the same as it was for at least 3 out of every 5 games, the other 2 games will depend on who gets those starts..

What one game doesn't determine how 70+ games are going to go?

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the loss today, Theo. Ya cunt!

TL1961

Liked Posts:

We got shut out, so we would have lost no matter who was pitching. I guess they were in that habit of not scoring on Samardzija days, so...

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This Valbuena has a way of turning outs into hits, without getting charged with an error.

Third time this week he has "fielded" a ball, only to spin, stumble, etc., and not make the play. In this case, he got the runner at 1st and allowed a run that does not score if any other third baseman in the league is making that play.

The other night he did it twice, but they were worse than the one today.

I never see him actually make a play.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This Valbuena has a way of turning outs into hits, without getting charged with an error.

Third time this week he has "fielded" a ball, only to spin, stumble, etc., and not make the play. In this case, he got the runner at 1st and allowed a run that does not score if any other third baseman in the league is making that play.

The other night he did it twice, but they were worse than the one today.

I never see him actually make a play.
Think cause he plays balls off to the side alot instead of getting in front of it, so youll see him shuffle or spin to get in position to throw the ball

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Effortless attemp by sweeney to try and avoid tag after jogging to first.. really wish theyd dump this guy

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Just read how in the last 13 innings the cubs went from a plus 1 runs differential to a minus 13..

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
@GDubCub 5m
Cubs haven't scored in 14 innings since trading Smarj and Hammel.

LOL yeah their bats would have made a big difference..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have missed some really hittable pitches. Castro with the bad at bat last inning. 3-1. You can not swing at that pitch. He has done that less this year, but he needs to still work on it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lets get Arrieta a couple of runs here and get this guy a win

chibears55

Liked Posts:
uh oh.. Arrieta pulled after 90 pitches 2 days after Hammel was pulled after 92 before he was traded.. hmmmm

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So Arreita last 6 starts, 50.2 IP, 4 ER, 18 hits, 6 walks for a 0.71 ERA, 0.47 WHIP. Apparently he might be good.... though i'm not sure are those good numbers? Arreita also has 51 k's over that time frame.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I know olt Ks alot but against a LHer id take my chances with him over Valbuena, especially late in close game where his defense is better then Valbuena at 3B

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
uh oh.. Arrieta pulled after 90 pitches 2 days after Hammel was pulled after 92 before he was traded.. hmmmm

I know that was said in jest but I did get me to thinking about what is fair value for him. I think that's kind of a fun mental exercise given this time last year he was worth basically half Scott Feldman. It would have to be a team in contention and probably a top 25 prospect in the deal given the way he's pitched. The way Arrieta is pitching this year you could make an argument that he's more valuable than Price. He's got 3.5 years of team control left. Price has 1.5. Arrieta this season has a 1.78/2.05 ERA/FIP with 10.06 k/9 2.42 bb/9. Price has 3.50/2.94 ERA/FIP with 10.51 k/9 1.17 bb/9 though admittedly in the AL.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The Cubs have to keep some pieces to move forward with...
3.5 years of team control is what Ricketts dreams of. Arrieta will be paid below market value for that time

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
The Cubs have to keep some pieces to move forward with...
3.5 years of team control is what Ricketts dreams of. Arrieta will be paid below market value for that time

I doubt they will trade him but as we've seen the past 3 years any starter is available at the right price. If some one like the Cardinals came in and offered Oscar Taveras and others you're going to listen. Frankly, Taveras, Taijuan Walker, and Gregory Polanco are probably the only 3 players on teams competing that would even be worth starting a conversation over.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't trade Arietta for a position player. That's the opposite of what we need.

He gave up one run today, and a misplay in LF and a screw up by "Stumbles" Valbuena led to a run the Nats should never have had.

Every single time Valbuena fields a ball, he stumbles and both hands go to the dirt as he loses his balance. It was the third time I have seen it this week, and I have seen two and a half games.