In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Now that I am being forced to give up my Melo dreams please pardon my gloominess, but its back to reality...

How much will the Bulls have improved next season if all we end up with is McDermott and Mirotic? The Bulls will have given up their #2 and #3 scorers (Deng, Boozer) and replaced them with two unknowns. Does anyone really think McDermott is gonna step in give more scoring than the 17 points Deng gave? How about Mirotic off the bench vs Boozer's 14pts and 8 rebs?

It's already looking like it will all come down to D. Rose to be the difference again to try and carry this team deep into the playoffs.

Different day, same ol' Bulls.

bebe_sacudo.jpg

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
If the Bulls could run on beach sand in December we would not be having this problem.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Now that I am being forced to give up my Melo dreams please pardon my gloominess, but its back to reality...

How much will the Bulls have improved next season if all we end up with is McDermott and Mirotic? The Bulls will have given up their #2 and #3 scorers (Deng, Boozer) and replaced them with two unknowns. Does anyone really think McDermott is gonna step in give more scoring than the 17 points Deng gave? How about Mirotic off the bench vs Boozer's 14pts and 8 rebs?

Frankly I would not be surprised if they bring back Deng. But the Bulls are getting SOMEBODY. Keep your eyes on Pau Gasol.
It's already looking like it will all come down to D. Rose to be the difference again to try and carry this team deep into the playoffs.

bebe_sacudo.jpg

Frankly I would not be surprised if they bring back Deng. But the Bulls are getting SOMEBODY. Keep your eyes on Pau Gasol.

proton

Liked Posts:
Getting stuck with Roses max contract eating up 30% of the cap space when he's only played 50 games in 3 years has killed this franchise. We have no idea if he will be a mediocre, average , above average, good or great player when he finally comes back.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Getting stuck with Roses max contract eating up 30% of the cap space when he's only played 50 games in 3 years has killed this franchise. We have no idea if he will be a mediocre, average , above average, good or great player when he finally comes back.

Everyone just wants to blame the front office when Derrick is why they're in this impossible situation. I'm not saying it's his fault he got hurt but when the guy who's 30% of your cap and an unknown moving forward, makes your team look a lot weaker. But I guess everyone will blame GarPax for giving him that contract after his MVP season. Same people who probably loved him getting that contract.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Don't be mad at Paxson. He had no choice. Be mad at Chris Paul. There is not a fan alive who would have not given Rose that deal in 2011.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
GTFO of here, Rose's contract hasn't stopped the Bulls from signing a single person. If not for Rose, Paxson would have been fired years ago so I guess I can blame him for that.

Liked Posts:

bebe_sacudo.jpg

I've really come around on the McDermott pick and I really think adding McDermott and Mirotic improves the Bulls substantially. They're both skillsy players with size and should help with shooting, spacing, and ball movement. Each provides Thibs with enormous flexibility in a variety of situations. Korver might have been better in a 3 pt competition but in more live game scenarios, these guys might be better shooters. I'm talking about scoring from more spots on the floor and with more traffic.

The spacing should be a big benefit because Noah can open up space near the basket as a point-center. The spacing and ball movement should also lighten the load on Rose and allow him to score more easy baskets.

At 6'10, they could have Mirotic play wing on defense with Taj playing the 4, and then flip on offense if Mirotic is covered by a wing and have Mirotic post up.

They're probably better off in the without even considering money and value by swapping Boozer and Deng for McDermott and Mirotic. But they should definitely be getting more bang for their buck with the M&M. They'll still have Taj and Butler to play defense (assuming the premise they'll miss on Anthony). But they won't have those albatross contracts.

Also, in the playoffs having one guy get hot from 3 can drastically increase your chances of winning a game. By adding these two guys, the Bulls give themselves two bites at the apple, so to speak, as each guy can really shoot.

Back in 2011, when the Bulls had the best record, it was a team of very specialized players. Their only real outside threat, that I recall, of this ilk was Korver. And it was "watch him run around for 20 seconds coming off of screens, do a catch and shoot, and hope it's falling that day. He wasn't really a factor in the lane. I also think these guys can probably shoot better in traffic.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
GTFO of here, Rose's contract hasn't stopped the Bulls from signing a single person. If not for Rose, Paxson would have been fired years ago so I guess I can blame him for that.

30% of the cap sitting on the bench wearing a suit during the playoffs. I'm sure that doesn't cross anyone's mind when deciding if they want to play for less "to win championships". Who the hell wants to get paid $15 when they're worth more than the guy getting 20+ and he doesn't even play.? Graham cracker knees Is a big problem for this cap wise.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
The only rookie Forwards to score more than 15ppg in the last 10 years have been LeBron, Carmelo, Durant, and Blake Griffin. I don't see either of M&M coming close to those performances especially with Mirotic likely coming off the bench. I certainly think its nice that they will spread the floor with 3 point shooting, but they will both struggle to fit in to the team defensively, so I don't see how McDermott will be an improvement over Deng.

Maybe in a couple years we can look at them as upgrades but we will be lucky if they are even lateral moves.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
30% of the cap sitting on the bench wearing a suit during the playoffs. I'm sure that doesn't cross anyone's mind when deciding if they want to play for less "to win championships". Who the hell wants to get paid $15 when they're worth more than the guy getting 20+ and he doesn't even play.? Graham cracker knees Is a big problem for this cap wise.
Name one person that the bulls couldnt get because of Rose. Otherwise you are just a clown telling jokes. At the end of the day injuries happen and any failure to improve the team happened in 2010 and whats happening now. Neither have anything to do with Rose.

Liked Posts:
The only rookie Forwards to score more than 15ppg in the last 10 years have been LeBron, Carmelo, Durant, and Blake Griffin. I don't see either of M&M coming close to those performances especially with Mirotic likely coming off the bench. I certainly think its nice that they will spread the floor with 3 point shooting, but they will both struggle to fit in to the team defensively, so I don't see how McDermott will be an improvement over Deng.

Maybe in a couple years we can look at them as upgrades but we will be lucky if they are even lateral moves.

I'm not fixated on numbers. I think there will be games where they go off and then they'll also have some quiet games. I'm not sure what the numbers will be, nor do I especially care. But I think they'll have an impact.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I'm not fixated on numbers. I think there will be games where they go off and then they'll also have some quiet games. I'm not sure what the numbers will be, nor do I especially care. But I think they'll have an impact.
I don't disagree that they will have an impact, or can I predict the future. I just don't see that their impact will be that much of difference when you consider that the Bulls are giving up Deng and Boozer.

That's what I mean by running in sand, if we are lucky M&M are = to Deng & Boozer and we return to the 2010-11 version of the Bulls that got beat by the Heat instead of the version that got smacked by the freaking Wizards.

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree that they will have an impact, or can I predict the future. I just don't see that their impact will be that much of difference when you consider that the Bulls are giving up Deng and Boozer.

That's what I mean by running in sand, if we are lucky M&M are = to Deng & Boozer and we return to the 2010-11 version of the Bulls that got beat by the Heat instead of the version that got smacked by the freaking Wizards.

You don't think M&Ms combination of shooting and passing will spread the floor mire than with Deng and Boozer?

I think when you improve you passing and have better spacing, it's making it easier for someone to score, whether it's Rose, Mirotic, MacDermott or someone else.

Edit-- This is yet another reason why Anthony would be such a great fit.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

There impact will be their salary figures versus Deng and Boozer. The difference will mean another player who can be signed and contribute.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
You don't think M&Ms combination of shooting and passing will spread the floor mire than with Deng and Boozer?

I think when you improve you passing and have better spacing, it's making it easier for someone to score, whether it's Rose, Mirotic, MacDermott or someone else.

Edit-- This is yet another reason why Anthony would be such a great fit.

I don't think Thibs is suddenly gonna become Mike Dantoni. The Bulls are going to run the same sets and play at the same pace, and Thibs will still play his starters long minutes. The difference for the starters will be McDermot can make a few more 3pt shots than Deng so he helps spread the floor a little more for Rose but he is a huge drop off from Deng on defense so really you are giving up a lot just for a little better spacing.

Mirotic on the bench is a nice weapon but he basically just takes Taj's place. Overall it will still come down to Derrick Rose being the real difference in how far this teams goes. Melo is a whole other thing who not only spaces the floor but he's also an unstoppable isolation player that will thrive playing with a player like Rose. You're not putting the ball in McDermott's hands to win the game next season like you could with Melo so the comparison is worthless.

Liked Posts:
I don't think Thibs is suddenly gonna become Mike Dantoni. The Bulls are going to run the same sets and play at the same pace, and Thibs will still play his starters long minutes. The difference for the starters will be McDermot can make a few more 3pt shots than Deng so he helps spread the floor a little more for Rose but he is a huge drop off from Deng on defense so really you are giving up a lot just for a little better spacing.

Mirotic on the bench is a nice weapon but he basically just takes Taj's place. Overall it will still come down to Derrick Rose being the real difference in how far this teams goes. Melo is a whole other thing who not only spaces the floor but he's also an unstoppable isolation player that will thrive playing with a player like Rose. You're not putting the ball in McDermott's hands to win the game next season like you could with Melo so the comparison is worthless.

Who said anything about DAntoni? WTF are you talking about?

Every NBA coach is (or at least should be) able to utilizing concepts as fundamental as floor spacing. Personnel is usually what makes it easy or hard.

You're problem is that you're taking stat lines and working your way back. You're not focusing enough on how the sausage is made.

Also, when did this conversation become about McDermott being a preferable option over Carmelo. Carmelo would benefit more than anyone from M&M.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So rose isn't suppose to accept a max deal when he qualified lol lol lol

And for record even if rose wanted to redo his deal it's not allowed under cba

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So rose isn't suppose to accept a max deal when he qualified lol lol lol

And for record even if rose wanted to redo his deal it's not allowed under cba
I believe Rose actually took less than the full 30% he could've made. Not a lot less, but less. Perhaps on the order of what the big 3 did when they took little paycuts to play together.