Why is it so integral to have Hinrich on the Bulls?

Liked Posts:
I don't get it. Please explain to me why management values him so much.

Thunderfoot

Liked Posts:
Word is he runs the offense well and plays above average defense. I don't really want him back because he can't shoot worth a damn.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I don't get it. Please explain to me why management values him so much.

He plays good defense and runs the offense. Hinrich would be a great option as a back up PG if the Bulls had better shooters to fill out the roster.

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
He's gonna eventually have a coaching/management position with the Chicago Bulls.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
He's got the hard-nosed, blue collar, fan favorite role down to a science.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think he'd be a great coach and has potential as a GM or FO member in some capacity. His dad was a coach, grew up around the game and has a great IQ. He's just limited physically and athletically.

Tapatime

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
hes Paxsons first pick and hes pretty much is everything the Bulls have been about: grit

Liked Posts:
Sorry. I'm just tired of seeing Hinrich going through the motions. Just because he "tries hard" that doesn't make him a good defender. I don't think he really us a good defender. He's a dime a dozen really. He's certainly not good enough to insist having him on your roster.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
2323, Hinrich has been good for us for many years and it's not just about him "trying hard" he's played well for us and left it all out on the court and has been a solid defender and always made up for his lack of athletic ability. He's a tough, hardnose player who exemplifies what it is to be a Chicago Bull. But his best days are behind him. I honestly got get the hate or distain for him being on the roster especially when he's not getting a whole helluva lot of money. There's worse players who take up a spot and don't have the same value of Captain Kirk. Now, I agree he's expendable and not a starter qaulity player but don't pretend like he's a scrub. He's just got old. It happens. Look at D-Wade, they came into the league at same time and Wade's deteriorating rapidly because of his injuries. Kirk was never in his league playing wise but they both have aged to where they're less effective on what they can give. Hinrich has never been a problem for Chicago in all the years he's played. Not everyone's a star player on a basketball team. I'd be okay with trying to keep DJ Augustin and letting Kirk go but if Kirk stays I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The one thing I can say for Hinrch was that he had a fair healthy season this year so i think he should get a contract somewhere to be the back up. If it's here great if not of well. He'll be missed, and not missed at the same time.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The staff likes him for everything he does out of the game. Which means we're stuck with him(in a sense) until he'll take a coaching position(which is what most fans would rather see, than him being a player at this point in his career).

I keep saying this, but he needs a Lindsey Hunter role.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Would everyone be so against him returning if its for the league minimum? Or is he gonna get shit on by everyone just because hes Hinrich the glue guy?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Would everyone be so against him returning if its for the league minimum? Or is he gonna get shit on by everyone just because hes Hinrich the glue guy?

I like Kirk a lot. But strictly as a role player, not as someone who starts games or is in a position to be the starter if/when Rose goes down.

Liked Posts:
It just seems like there is such an abundance of good PGs, you're seeing decent PGs (ie guys better than Kirk) in roles as backup. I just don't see what he adds. Kirk is a sack of potatoes. They should be looking to upgrade here.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sorry. I'm just tired of seeing Hinrich going through the motions. Just because he "tries hard" that doesn't make him a good defender. I don't think he really us a good defender. He's a dime a dozen really. He's certainly not good enough to insist having him on your roster.

Unfortunately for the Bulls and Hinrich it seems that through circumstances beyond their control he ends up playing too many minutes due to injuries
to Rose. He'd be okay if he was limited to about 15 minutes a game off of the bench. I really don't get all of the appreciation for Hinrich, though. He always has disappointed me through the years in that he never improved as a player. He never improved his shot since his rookie year and dribbles way too much around the perimeter.