Why is it so integral to have Hinrich on the Bulls?

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People forget Hinrich was good for about 4 years before he went and fell off a cliff...the dude averaged over 20ppg in 2 straight playoff series. He's not that player right now, but it's not like he was always garbage.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would rather have Deng back

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Deng isn't that good anymore. He looks slow as shit now when he plays, his defense is overrated, and he doesn't consistently hit his shots anymore.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Deng isn't that good anymore. He looks slow as shit now when he plays, his defense is overrated, and he doesn't consistently hit his shots anymore.

I don't know how much to attribute to the dysfunction in Cle. He seemed to be disinterested-I don't think he every bought in there, not did he respect the work ethic of his team mates. Even with that, his numbers were solid.

With Mirotic coming on, Deng would be a 3rd option. He would not need to play near the minutes he has for us in the past. The offense would finally be more balanced, and Send legs would be fresher on a nightly basis, helping his jumper to be more consistent.

Having a big (Mirotic) with the foot speed and skill to create his own shot, and who can run the floor, will take the pressure off of Deng to be the second option after Rose.

I know we have not message that sexy FA signing yet, but between the draft, and Mirotic, the Bulls have gotten significantly better. We still have needs at SF, and a 2 guard who is at least a halfway threat to score.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't know how much to attribute to the dysfunction in Cle. He seemed to be disinterested-I don't think he every bought in there, not did he respect the work ethic of his team mates. Even with that, his numbers were solid.

With Mirotic coming on, Deng would be a 3rd option. He would not need to play near the minutes he has for us in the past. The offense would finally be more balanced, and Send legs would be fresher on a nightly basis, helping his jumper to be more consistent.

I agree with the first part, not the second. Didnt everyone say Deng was gonna be the second option when they got Boozer in 2010? And i think his minutes would still be up because Thibs simply loves the guy and his defense. Unless Thibs changed his regular season mindset of win every possession, every game. I dont see how that would change. Mirotic is still an NBA unknown. Also, 12M a year. Not worth it.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Shit, I thought I was the only person in Chicago that hated Kirk, but I'm damn glad to see I have back-up! :bullbang:

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree with the first part, not the second. Didnt everyone say Deng was gonna be the second option when they got Boozer in 2010? And i think his minutes would still be up because Thibs simply loves the guy and his defense. Unless Thibs changed his regular season mindset of win every possession, every game. I dont see how that would change. Mirotic is still an NBA unknown. Also, 12M a year. Not worth it.

Nikola is Boozer's superior at everything but rebounding. It's basketball. The biggest hurdle that younger collegiate players have coming in is strength, and assisting to the physicality and rigors of being a pro. But skills are skills. The euro league, while not the nba in terms of talent, is still a professional league in every sense of the word. Nikola's skillset will translate.

When Deng was logging so many minutes, who was legitimately our sf on the bench. It was a void. Were were guard and pf heavy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When Deng was logging so many minutes, who was legitimately our sf on the bench. It was a void. Were were guard and pf heavy.
Umm...we had Jimmy Butler on the bench the entire time. Once Deng went down he just went and threw Jimmy into his role and played him literally entire games. He could've easily had both on the floor or used one to help limit the minutes of the other during the year, but nope...it was Luol for 42 minutes a game and Jimmy got maybe 20 minutes.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nikola is Boozer's superior at everything but rebounding. It's basketball. The biggest hurdle that younger collegiate players have coming in is strength, and assisting to the physicality and rigors of being a pro. But skills are skills. The euro league, while not the nba in terms of talent, is still a professional league in every sense of the word. Nikola's skillset will translate.

You cant just assume hes gonna be superior just because. The NBA is above and beyond better than Euro. It may be pro but its not the NBA. You dont think a CFL team could play with anyone in the NFL, do you? I hope not.

Thats a good point about having no other pure SFs. Theve had guys like KK and Butler play in some small ball but id have to see it to believe it. Thibs loves riding his stallions.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
He runs the offense and is a genuine leader, not the fake rah rah towel waver. If all you do is look at stats and see highlights you'll never understand what some players mean to teams.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
B/c the Bulls FO has no idea what they are doing.